Back to Python Data Analysis

Python Data Analysis, Rice University

About this Course

This course will continue the introduction to Python programming that started with Python Programming Essentials and Python Data Representations. We'll learn about reading, storing, and processing tabular data, which are common tasks. We will also teach you about CSV files and Python's support for reading and writing them. CSV files are a generic, plain text file format that allows you to exchange tabular data between different programs. These concepts and skills will help you to further extend your Python programming knowledge and allow you to process more complex data. By the end of the course, you will be comfortable working with tabular data in Python. This will extend your Python programming expertise, enabling you to write a wider range of scripts using Python. This course uses Python 3. While most Python programs continue to use Python 2, Python 3 is the future of the Python programming language. This course uses basic desktop Python development environments, allowing you to run Python programs directly on your computer....

By J

Jan 30, 2019

Important concepts covered - including dictionaries and data structures. Useful in developing a basic foundation and understanding of Python.

By JP

Aug 24, 2018

This is an excellent program. I have written most complicated and exciting Python programs, I have ever thought that I could write!

46 Reviews

By Sebastian Ramirez Solano

Feb 19, 2019

Awesome course. Challenging final project.

By Rodrigo Beleza Marques

Feb 18, 2019

Excellent course! Great material, challenging exercises.

By Bradley Sebastian

Feb 15, 2019

Overly simplistic lessons and quizzes followed by brutal projects that require you to teach yourself techniques not covered in the lessons. Now I don't feel like I've learned anything because I've just had to trial-error my way through half the code. What worked, what didn't work? I can't remember...

By Joanne Hui Ping CHAN

Jan 30, 2019

By Jacob Goldberg

Jan 15, 2019

Instructions on the final were not as clear as the rest of the course, but the information given is worthwhile

By vivek

Jan 15, 2019

Course was excellent . Loved learning it

By 林晉宇

Jan 10, 2019

Very good course, instructor presented it well.

By Abdurahmonov Abdullokh

Jan 08, 2019

Thanks for materials and course!!!

By Nicholas Strömblad

Dec 21, 2018

I really liked the course, thank you so much!

One thing though, when checking your code via OwlTest, and the Pylint errors that pops up, consider removing the check with mixed EOL characters (CRLF / LF). At least on my system I could not fix this Pylint error on Windows. I had to re-save the file in UNIX (DOS-format).

By Farhodjon Abdukodirov