Back to Using Databases with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Databases with Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce students to the basics of the Structured Query Language (SQL) as well as basic database design for storing data as part of a multi-step data gathering, analysis, and processing effort. The course will use SQLite3 as its database. We will also build web crawlers and multi-step data gathering and visualization processes. We will use the D3.js library to do basic data visualization. This course will cover Chapters 14-15 of the book “Python for Everybody”. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the material covered in Chapters 1-13 of the textbook and the first three courses in this specialization. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
High quality course material
(143 Reviews)
Top rated instructor
(176 Reviews)

MM
Mar 12, 2018

The course is great... You can definitely learn many things... Was kind of hard for me and i went many times back and forth through most of the lectures... However i think i learn many new things....

JL
Jun 22, 2017

Wonderful course! I learnt many useful SQL statements and know how to combine database operations into python program. Dr. Chuck's lectures are always comprehensible and clear. Thank you, professor.

2876 - 2898 of 2,898 Reviews for Using Databases with Python

By YACHA V R

Jun 24, 2020

I didn't copy anything but if they think that I have copied then they should reset my assignment again and give me one chance so that I could update my work.

Waiting for the assignment to be reset.

By Mark C

Nov 29, 2016

Good overview. Needs to include more hands on development. 1 star because Coursera wont let me take the capstone even after completing all four pre-requisite classes (this one is the fourth).

By Luciano S

Dec 19, 2017

Didn't see That I have to complete the specialization in one year. I'm sure If I knew this information I wouldn't start the specialization. Feeling really frustrated

By Tabish A

Aug 19, 2020

My Assignment 5 got stuck, and I am unable to change my answer again. I was doing this course for a week, And now I am unable to get my certificate

By Jim P

Dec 22, 2016

Given that Python 2 was replaced by Python 3 some 6 years ago, I'm dismayed to see that this class is teaching Python 2 instead of Python 3.

By Sam101

May 9, 2021

I wrongly submitted the wrong files and they sent me a plagiarism note without even understanding or discussing the case with me.

By Nazir A Z

May 24, 2021

I would give 0.0 Star here

there is one guy "Mihaela Mack" ths stupid you have ever seen in your life

By Karl K

Mar 4, 2016

Verbose, wandering. Instructor takes too long to do too little. No value add over a textbook.

By Ujjwal P R

May 14, 2020

I am really disappointed by the Week 5 peer graded assignment issue.

By ANANTH P

Aug 19, 2020

because of 1 flag which was given i cant have the specialization

By Misha

Nov 30, 2018

Time wasting. There much better courses for Python.

By Emil F

Jul 15, 2020

Little to no Python content. Very disappointing.

By Meet C I

Sep 12, 2020

there is not option to reset. hated this course

By Diogo A

Jul 28, 2020

Week 5 puts this course from a 4+* to almost 0

By GAJESH S N

Jun 12, 2020

can't reset a submission if it gets incorrect

By Ahmed M

Aug 8, 2020

week 4 assignment took forever to be marked

By Himanshu M

Jul 21, 2020

Sucks in short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Shreya K

Not correct way of teaching.

By prathik N

Oct 31, 2020

no response from them only

By Ashish D