Back to Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi by University of California, Irvine

The Raspberry Pi uses a variety of input/output devices based on protocols such as HDMI, USB, and Ethernet to communicate with the outside world. In this class you will learn how to use these protocols with other external devices (sensors, motors, GPS, orientation, LCD screens etc.) to get your IoT device to interact with the real world. Most physical devices use analog signals; however computer hardware is digital so in this class you will learn how these signals are converted back-and-forth and how this must be considered as you program your device. The basic design of a sensor-actuator system will also be covered. You will also learn how to build more sophisticated hardware systems using Raspberry Pi expansion boards to create fun and exciting IoT devices. Please note that this course does not include discussion forums....

BS

Sep 03, 2019

The course was pretty interesting and I learnt a lot of new things from this course. I have gained confidence to try something new b myself after completing this course and hope I do so in the future

DP

Nov 25, 2018

Course is great, but it takes forever to grade classmates. For example, by the end of the last week homework , I had to wait two weeks till someone was available to grade.

1 - 25 of 216 Reviews for Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi

By Christian C

Jul 15, 2020

Please help grade my assignments!! I don't want my subscription to end!

By Clair D

Mar 11, 2016

As always, great work by Prof. Harris.

The typos in the code slide near the end of week four should be cleaned up -- I always try out code as soon as it shows up. I spent a long time with the code on that slide, but got it to work eventually, and the typos were acknowledged in the demo lecture.

By DADDA M

Dec 10, 2019

Excellent course, i learned a lot of things about TCP/IP, secure shell client/server, how to communicate through internet using socket python programming and how to connect an external module like a camera with raspberry pi using packages !!

By Dean P

Nov 25, 2018

By Heung K L C

Hi Professor Harris and team, can you please make reviewing your peers work non-accessible until students have at least pass their own assignment? I noticed a lot of people are submitting trash which I presume they are simply bi-passing the requirement to submit the assignment to see what others have submitted then simply copy and paste as their own work. Furthermore, is it possible to create alerts for when people do submit their work? I found myself on several occasions having to constantly monitor and refresh the review your peers work page just so I can be the first to review someone else's work to graduate from my own course.

By Ricardo A d C S

Nov 16, 2017

This course will introduce several items you can use to interface your Rpi with the external world. I strongly suggest you to acquire the camera and a cable to connect the GPIO with the breadboard.

The classes are very sucint, but the information presented will guide you through the extensive material available in the Internet.

I congratulate Professor Harris for your work and expect he and his team develop new courses.

By Christian B

Mar 09, 2020

I liked the course. It is very well explained step by step. I do think that the course could be extended to a 5 weeks class with more complex IOT examples using the Pi. Maybe the 2 weeks would be optional, since more hardware might be required. But it would be worthwhile.

By Deon N

Nov 05, 2019

The course was interesting and practical. I believe there could have been a bit more on the web server interface i.e. what to do with the information extracted. Some examples on how the sensitivity analysis can play out on a twitter feed could have been interesting.

By EKTA R

Sep 09, 2019

I have completed all the assignments. I have reviewed all peer assignments whatever were available. Kindly generate my course certificate. Its taking so long to generate certificate.

I request you to kindly generate my course certificate!!

Thank you!

By Bhargav S

Sep 03, 2019

By MARCO A A J

Jun 11, 2018

First I want to thank you for this course that has given me the opportunity to start in the IoT world, I plan to continue learning to be able to carry out a project about the real world

By Sindhura S

Jul 08, 2020

A very good course with good videos of explanation. Also includes demo videos which are very helpful. Overall the course is very interesting and knowledgeable.

By Tetyana R

Mar 02, 2018

It is a really good course! I like the easy way Ian Harris explains difficult things, like socket or low level communication protocols. I wish it was longer!

By UJJAVAL P

Sep 26, 2020

Nicely structured course for beginners in the field of IoT. Instructor is always excellent and wonderful experience with evaluation in terms of quizzes.

By Prince K G

Apr 28, 2020

starting with this 5th course of 6 corses in this specialization was very benificial for me to understanding the actual meaning of IOT. Thank you

By Sebastian S

May 23, 2016

Good class. not much different than the Arduino one. Useful to learn and use SSH with linux if you do not have a monitor for your Raspberri Pi.

By Faisal S

Jul 03, 2020

Nice way of teaching how to interact with raspberry pi .. A very good blend of theory + practical both revolving around the raspberry pi.

By Omar S F

Aug 04, 2020

The course provides a great interaction with raspberry pi and python programming.

with good exercises and topics.

Thank you professor...

By Sentekin C

Apr 04, 2016

I love teaching style of Dr. Harris, simple but inclusive. He guesses what you are thinking while you are watching the video.

By Johnson N

Nov 17, 2017

Great Class for learning how to use python with Raspberry pi to collect and send information via ethernet and serial.

By Tharaka K H

Recommand for either who already studied about raspberry pi or not .Very clear explanations and easy to understand.

By Yukti A

Perfect course for an IoT student to understand more about the raspberry pi and want to do extraordinary things

By Naveen J S

Feb 26, 2019

Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi is way too helpful in understanding how it's interface works. Thanks :)

By Fernando H U

Apr 06, 2018

The course is very basic if you already have prior experience with programming. The teacher is very good.

By Abhijeet D S

Jul 15, 2018

very informative, good for noobs like me, assignments could be made more interesting and challenging