Back to Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi by University of California, Irvine

The Raspberry Pi uses a variety of input/output devices based on protocols such as HDMI, USB, and Ethernet to communicate with the outside world. In this class you will learn how to use these protocols with other external devices (sensors, motors, GPS, orientation, LCD screens etc.) to get your IoT device to interact with the real world. Most physical devices use analog signals; however computer hardware is digital so in this class you will learn how these signals are converted back-and-forth and how this must be considered as you program your device. The basic design of a sensor-actuator system will also be covered. You will also learn how to build more sophisticated hardware systems using Raspberry Pi expansion boards to create fun and exciting IoT devices. Please note that this course does not include discussion forums....

BS

Sep 03, 2019

The course was pretty interesting and I learnt a lot of new things from this course. I have gained confidence to try something new b myself after completing this course and hope I do so in the future

DP

Nov 25, 2018

Course is great, but it takes forever to grade classmates. For example, by the end of the last week homework , I had to wait two weeks till someone was available to grade.

176 - 200 of 208 Reviews for Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi

May 18, 2018

useful

By Mallikarjuna R Y

May 15, 2020

good

By G R s R

Jan 16, 2019

Good

By SHAIk A

Jul 02, 2018

nice

By kathimamatha

Jun 30, 2018

nice

By b s k

Mar 12, 2018

good

By Iain M

Feb 21, 2016

A very good introductory course. The teacher is excellent as are the video lectures.

Unfortunately, the new Coursera rules requiring payment before assessments can be accessed meant that I didn't complete any of the assessments. That will probably be a major disincentive for many learners who want to confirm what they have learned.

Also, UCI have elected to disable the discussion forums for this course (although I found they could still be accessed via the Coursera App on my Android phone). I can't help wondering if this was as a result of some of the negative feedback posted on the forums in the earlier courses of this specialisation. If so, this really doesn't reflect well on UCI as a teaching institution!

By Paulo A

Sep 20, 2017

There was a big disconexion between the lessons and the actual assignments. I understand the reasons for that, it's not possible to demand that people have the equipment and the time resources for putting into practice what's talked about in the lessons. But at the same time these assignments feel exactly the same as the assignments on the Arduino part of the specialization. I even used the same schematics I had back from the day. To me this feels a bit disappointing.

By Ali E

Jun 24, 2017

I could give this course more stars, maybe easily four, but I wasn't happy with the lack of forums or any other means of communicating with the instructor and/or mentors. This made me waste valuable time. Some of the course material and instructions are not up to date, especially for Raspberry Pi 3.

By Tyge L

Mar 13, 2016

While it is a good class, I have a message that one of my assignments is passed by not verified. I have no instructions on how to "verify" it. I'm disappointed something that should be simple is such a roadblock.

By Eric C M

Jul 22, 2019

The course and the specialization are great for complete beginers, but WAY TOO BASIC for engineers or students who has at least finished 3 semesters at any western uni.

By Nirmal N S

Jun 02, 2020

Some content (like reading and sending tweets) were irrelevant to the scope of this course. Measures are to be taken to make assignments copy proof!

By 乐向楠

Apr 04, 2017

most of the contents can be found on the website of raspberry, a quick start for those interested~

By Leonardo M F

Jan 30, 2016

Is very basic and don't send assignments becose I don't pay the course.

By Djs

Mar 14, 2016

Expected more based on the arduino course. Very lite on material

By Chip C

Jul 15, 2017

To beginner. Looking for something intermediate to advanced.

By V A C

Jul 13, 2018

learned lot of things

By Wim B

Feb 21, 2017

There is a large difference between the skills acquired in the video's and the skills needed to fulfill the assignments. There are errors in the video's and without the help of the UCI help forum it is hard to get the assignments right. You can acquire a broad set of skills interfacing with the Raspberry PI but Google is your best friend.

By tallenowen

Jan 12, 2017

One of the worst courses I have taken on Coursera. I have been in IT for 20 years and expected a lot more in this course. There were a couple times that the instructor was inaccurate about a some of the concepts he was teaching.

By Francisco J N V

Jun 24, 2016

its more a linux introducction, not the expected from the title. the content is good but no what was expeceted, as it said interfacing I thought it was more about sensors and gpio programming

By Nakul C

Feb 02, 2020

Very basic course could have been better. More information would have been added but in a nutshell its a very basic course.

By Corey C

Jul 27, 2016

Much of the code is outdated (I'm using python 3.5). Fix this and you'll have 4 or 5 stars easy.

By Kasra A

Feb 16, 2016

The course is so simple and just has only a few interesting points.