Back to Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi by University of California, Irvine

The Raspberry Pi uses a variety of input/output devices based on protocols such as HDMI, USB, and Ethernet to communicate with the outside world. In this class you will learn how to use these protocols with other external devices (sensors, motors, GPS, orientation, LCD screens etc.) to get your IoT device to interact with the real world. Most physical devices use analog signals; however computer hardware is digital so in this class you will learn how these signals are converted back-and-forth and how this must be considered as you program your device. The basic design of a sensor-actuator system will also be covered. You will also learn how to build more sophisticated hardware systems using Raspberry Pi expansion boards to create fun and exciting IoT devices. Please note that this course does not include discussion forums....

BS
Sep 2, 2019

The course was pretty interesting and I learnt a lot of new things from this course. I have gained confidence to try something new b myself after completing this course and hope I do so in the future

HG
Feb 5, 2021

Professor Harris has a practical approach to teaching which helped me understand the concepts better and encouraged me to perform different demos and experiments on my own.

176 - 200 of 235 Reviews for Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi

By Neville C

Jun 21, 2019

This course is a very interesting monologue of Dr Harris about Raspberry Pi, Python and GPIO. There is no MOOC in this video collection. No way of asking questions to the instructor, no forum and you can not even give feed back on peer graded assignments. The library used for GPIO is not the most current, but it works. There is a whole week about using Twitter which in the end it is not required. Not sure if it has changed, but getting Twitter API keys takes time, as you need to fill some on-line forms and wait for those to be reviewed. But, this course makes you explores a broad range of topics not usually found on short videos or tutorials.

By Alejandro A J

Nov 17, 2020

Good basic course to know the Raspberry Pi. It has interesting information, like connecting the raspbery to Twitter, using the Pi Camera and moving a Servomotor. It could be deeper in this topic, but it just give you the basic (and enough for the course), so hopefully in other course we get to use this stuff better

By Catur A

Aug 25, 2020

The course with Prof. Ian Harris is great.

But, if this course respects the plagiarism honor code, it should be handled better.

I found some learners just use youtube video link from other, even many years ago. I also happened to peer-reviewing another learner using my uploaded image as his/her assignment file.

By Radwan n

May 4, 2020

I liked the course a lot, it gives important basic information to get the learner ready to start working with IoT projects, specifically raspberry pi.

Some of the assignments require the raspberry pi device.

By Jason D M

Jun 5, 2017

Good introduction. Has many small code mistakes and doesn't go too deep into any topic, but at the same time provides a guaranteed way to jumpstart your familiarity with Raspberry Pi. Fun and enjoyable.

By Aman B

Nov 15, 2017

The course is not very complete as in some programs aren't fully explained. But the course is good for someone who is willing to go further with the help of the internet.

By Don R

Apr 8, 2018

Lack of discussion forums impacted learning experience. Other than that, solid technical content and good presentation.

By Rodrigo E

Jan 30, 2016

I enjoyed the course, was easy to follow, but I would rather prefer something more challenging

By Craig W

Jun 27, 2016

Needs to be a little more technical and kick up the level of difficulty a notch or two.

By Vikram S

Apr 5, 2018

I was not happy about one of the assignments forcing us to create a twitter account.

By Sanjeev T

Jun 1, 2017

After this course I was able to use my Raspberry Pi for a variety of requirements.

By Akshat M

Nov 9, 2020

Nice course , I expected to have more practicals

In the end I like it very much

By Vitali N

Sep 29, 2020

It is not very hard and not too easy, good readings, lectures and assignments

By Cristina G

Apr 10, 2018

There were some mistakes in the videos, especially in code in weeks 3 and 4.

By Jeff R

Sep 27, 2016

Good course with hands on projects. I wish it was a little longer...

By Alec L

Dec 6, 2016

Great course, a lot of fun with the practical assignments

By Darshan S

Sep 6, 2017

Great help to interface Raspberry pi with Internet.

By edgar f c

Feb 1, 2018

Great practical class to built your IoT skills

By Marouane S

Mar 10, 2016

very interting topic but maybe not deep enough

By SATYAJEET P

Sep 28, 2016

The course content aptly covers the topics

By Praise T

Aug 15, 2017

Very informative and systematic.

By DIVYANSHU G