Back to Responsive Website Tutorial and Examples

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Responsive Website Tutorial and Examples by University of London

4.2

In this course, we will show you exciting examples of collaborative, interactive web applications that use various types of media including sound, images and big data. We will show you how to build sites that provide precisely this functionality, using Meteor. We will also provide fully working example application code that you can use for your own commercial web projects. The course also provides a range of advice and suggestions about how to develop bespoke web applications which match the requirements of clients, where clients are people who commission the product or people who use the product. We will take you through the development of the following applications: 1. A portfolio website with collaborative blogging functionality. 2. An interactive, realtime, multi user music remixing system. 3. An interactive, online graffiti wall where users can collaborate to create graphics. 4. An interactive data visualisation platform for exploring and plotting big data in exciting ways. At the end of this course, you will be able to: • Implement animated data visualisations and graphics using advanced user interface libraries such as vis.js • Work with external data sources • Create multi user, realtime, collaborative environments • Use media APIs such as the Web Audio API Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes....

JR
Feb 21, 2016

Great course, give me the challenge to test me with different scenarios out my comfort zone. Now I am really comfortable to plan my Capstone.\n\nThanks a lot guys !!!

ZB
May 21, 2017

Exciting course that connects all the previous course's materials together into a professional backdrop. Very rewarding and I can't wait to take the capstone!

26 - 50 of 59 Reviews for Responsive Website Tutorial and Examples

By Ahmed R

May 25, 2017

Great course ! it helped me a lot

By Rafael C S

Mar 26, 2016

I love the course format

By John

Dec 17, 2015

Perfect

By Maksym S

Feb 1, 2016

This module is a very good addition to the specialisation.

In terms of sophistication of the meteor app it might be a step back, but it brings all the acquired knowledge and show how it can be put into a good use.

The examples of the sound and drawing app are great to demonstrated blending responsive app with media management, while blogging and data-driven web apps are pretty much, what the modern web is all about.

I did like the data driven app in particular, because it was just that cherry on a pie, that let me start the project that was from the beginning the very reason I did this specialisation.

Too bad the capstone project can only be joined with official admission to the specialisations, I would definitely enjoy to develop my "startup" up idea as a part of the guided education process.

And for now - compliments to the organisers of the course, it really can bring one from zero to ready-to-became-a-hero of the web-apps developments and myself - I'm off to learn more about d3.js and react.js ;)

By Brian D

Mar 3, 2016

Not the best of the courses in this specialisation, but as all the rest had set the bar very high!! Still learnt a lot about Meteor and how to use database in different ways! Thank You.

By Stanislaw P

May 16, 2016

The course is a little chaotic and did not meet the standards of the previous 4 courses. Still useful for learning some techniques, but mainly when writing the projects.

By Christos S

Aug 30, 2016

Not very great examples provided but you certainly can still learn a lot. Also I disagree with using Vis.JS, it's a lousy library!

By William N

Jan 6, 2016

Could have used a few more details on how to change to various other brushes (squares, circles, etc).

By Carlos C

Mar 30, 2018

It is great, but, from my point of view, parts 1, 2, 3, 4 are a little better.

By Oscar J D

May 21, 2016

Good explanaiton of how things work together

By Chai W T

Feb 1, 2016

good stuff

By Dana N

Aug 14, 2016

Not really a fan of Mick's way of teaching, he seems to have spent most of his time playing with the music or drawing app rather than explaining the features. I also think it would have been helpful to explain more about the purpose of Session.get for retrieving the features and plotting them into data. I think one of the issues with this is there aren't really many active folks on the discussion, so it is difficult to try to find a solution to problems you are having.

By Mahmoud I M A

Dec 23, 2015

i thought the course is about showing us some examples of responsive web designs and how to make creative responsive websites as the title suggest

but the course is about 4 basic websites and how they are developed using meteor

it goes on describing how to code this stuff and how the code logic is written and add a little to the meteor learning experience

i suggest you change the title of the course to be what the course is really about

By George T

Jun 18, 2016

Just showing examples of some good projects and their code at most part of the course .Also comparing Meteor with Wordpress is wrong and I don't think Meteor will reach Wordpress.After all they are different tools for different jobs.

By Victor W

Oct 12, 2018

assignment made too easy and the starting files are not up to date with the last versions of meteor. It takes a while of search on the internet to fix or the errors.

By גלעד ג

Jan 27, 2016

its not bad, but its not great either..

the teacher's passion for music may overcloud his jugment..

By Danilo C

Jul 26, 2018

I wish they would have spent more time in some things that were conceptually hard to understand.

By Carlos L

Apr 28, 2019

I would like that the examples were more related to science or economics, and updated it

By Priyam T