Back to Roman Architecture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Roman Architecture by Yale University

Roman Architecture is a course for people who love to travel and want to discover the power of architecture to shape politics, society, and culture....

JQ

Feb 21, 2018

FANTASTIC COURSE: Although I've been to Rome several times, this course opened my eyes to many aspects of Roman Architecture I was heretofore unaware of. Thanks so much! Dr Quincy

SW

Feb 11, 2018

Well structured & organized materials, well articulated lectures, smartly designed assignments. Diana brought architecture study to a marvelous level. What a delight!

1 - 25 of 57 Reviews for Roman Architecture

By Shuang W

Feb 11, 2018

By JOHN Q

Feb 21, 2018

By Joshua W

Jan 28, 2019

truly a really well structured course with very interesting content. exactly the kind of thing i wish i could have done at university!

By Ygor K B

Jan 04, 2019

Muy buena profesora.

By Semion Z

Jan 09, 2019

Great course! Thank you very much!

By Barry M F

Feb 10, 2019

A really great course, detailed, informative in a very accessible manner with excellent choices of exemplars. Disappointed with the discussion forums but the tasks and tests were challenging and relevant.

By Eric M F

Mar 19, 2019

I think this is a good course, but it was difficult to get peer reviews as not many people are taking the course.

By Jurga S

Mar 26, 2019

Very interesting course and the tutor is fantastic!

By Guy G

Mar 22, 2019

Great class, very good lectures.

By Raimundo B d S

Apr 06, 2019

This course is simply sensational. I am discovering unimaginable things and I have much to thank the teacher of the course and the Coursera for the opportunity. With little time of course I became a happier person, with better expectations and believing much more in the future.

By Angel G

Jan 26, 2019

Excellent course. Videos were interesting and plenty of information

By Carol L S

Jul 16, 2018

Great course! The Prof kept me engaged with her lectures and I learned lots. Being taught the basics of Roman architecture has really changed how I look (with a newly found joy) at Italian (Milanese) buildings. I now see them with fresh eyes, and a better appreciation to what they are.My treat will be to go to Rome in a few weeks time. I can't wait to trace over the steps we took through this course and with my monuments list/notebook in one hand and a gelato altamente raccomandato in the other. Thanks!

By Madeline

Sep 15, 2017

First-rate course. I would highly recommend listening to, absorbing, loving every minute from this brilliant instructor. She's clearly passionate about Roman Architecture and Art History and it comes through in how the course is designed and the many photographs shown. Thank you so much for this wonderful journey! When I visit any of these incredible sites I will be sure to send Professor Kleiner a photograph as she suggested.

By Patricia R M

Apr 23, 2018

Excellent course on Roman architecture masterfully explored by the fantastic teacher Diana Kleiner. Recommend for all those interested in this wonderful civilization that greatly contributed to our culture and civilization and whose great achievements and achievements continue to amaze even today.

By Leonel R

Jun 05, 2017

Great course, I enjoyed every lesson. Lots of support from great mentors and from Dr. Kleiner. Would repeat it!. Thanks!

By Dania K

Apr 16, 2017

Amazing organization of the course which I found very fruitful and highly ela

By Dante P

Jan 20, 2018

Very interesting course. The university needn't presentations. For me, an Italian student of architecture, is the best way to study in deep the Roman architecture from another point of view, of the American researchers. Another method of research, another method of teaching. Different not needs better...that can be only an enrichment.

At last but not least, the learning of technical English. FIVE STARS.

By Gloria C A d O

Nov 03, 2017

The course is wonderful! Professor Kleiner can take us on a journey into the past and teach beautifully about the fascinating history of Roman Architecture. I recommend it to everyone!

By yakov p

Oct 30, 2017

Following the course I have made a 3 weeks trips to many of the sights mentioned in the course. It had given me a completely new insight on locations i've visited previously and on history of architecture in general . Thank you very much !

By Adriana A

Aug 04, 2017

Excelente curso, muy interesante. Es una gran profesora, no solo domina el tema sino que lo sabe transmitir, lo disfruta y logra que una aprecie mejor el imperio romano.

By Eduardo K

Feb 18, 2018

It is an amazing course and the way Professor Kleiner explains and teaches is beyond comparison. The classes are engaging and interesting, not to mention her dominion over the subject is fantastic. I highly recommend to anyone as the best course I have seen in this website.

By Marie-Pierre B

Nov 11, 2017

I have given 5 stars for the course itself which is very good! We are just in the classroom with Yale students. Prof. Kleiner is very interesting and a real pedagogue.

But I have a few criticisms on the MOOC aspect:

- It is much too concentrated! Some weeks have more than 3 hours of video, which is much longer than any other courses I have taken on Coursera.

- The assignments with their strict 250-words limit, although interesting, are difficult for one whose mother tongue is not English. The 3rd one (the ideal Roman city) is especially long to do and the peer reviews are sometimes strange...

- The "monuments list", often mentioned in the course, is not available in the MOOC

- It would be better to have real rated quizzes at the end of a week rather than small ones in the middle of a video, or worse, at the end of it which is often cut by the advertising for the certificate before it is possible to answer it!

By Y.David Z

Jun 12, 2017

I've completed most of this course. I really like the thoroughness and depth of the material. This is not an easy course. The quizzes are challenging. The essays and projects require a bit of research. However, the instructor does a great job of organizing everything and presenting it in a very coherent, orderly manner. I'm an aspiring architecture graduate student and this course has been a great introduction to the field and some of its common vernaculars.