Back to Roman Architecture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Roman Architecture by Yale University

Roman Architecture is a course for people who love to travel and want to discover the power of architecture to shape politics, society, and culture....

JQ

Feb 21, 2018

FANTASTIC COURSE: Although I've been to Rome several times, this course opened my eyes to many aspects of Roman Architecture I was heretofore unaware of. Thanks so much! Dr Quincy

SW

Feb 11, 2018

Well structured & organized materials, well articulated lectures, smartly designed assignments. Diana brought architecture study to a marvelous level. What a delight!

1 - 25 of 57 Reviews for Roman Architecture

By JOHN Q

Feb 21, 2018

By Shuang W

Feb 11, 2018

By Semion Z

Jan 09, 2019

Great course! Thank you very much!

By Eduardo J B P

Jan 01, 2019

Excellent

By Francisco R

Jan 04, 2019

Muy buena profesora.

By Guy G

Mar 22, 2019

Great class, very good lectures.

By Jurga S

Mar 26, 2019

Very interesting course and the tutor is fantastic!

By Eric M F

Mar 19, 2019

I think this is a good course, but it was difficult to get peer reviews as not many people are taking the course.

By Joshua W

Jan 28, 2019

truly a really well structured course with very interesting content. exactly the kind of thing i wish i could have done at university!

By Angel G

Jan 26, 2019

Excellent course. Videos were interesting and plenty of information

By Barry M F

Feb 10, 2019

A really great course, detailed, informative in a very accessible manner with excellent choices of exemplars. Disappointed with the discussion forums but the tasks and tests were challenging and relevant.

By Ygor K B

Feb 01, 2019

Excelent.

By Raimundo B d S

Apr 06, 2019

This course is simply sensational. I am discovering unimaginable things and I have much to thank the teacher of the course and the Coursera for the opportunity. With little time of course I became a happier person, with better expectations and believing much more in the future.

By Carol L S

Jul 16, 2018

Great course! The Prof kept me engaged with her lectures and I learned lots. Being taught the basics of Roman architecture has really changed how I look (with a newly found joy) at Italian (Milanese) buildings. I now see them with fresh eyes, and a better appreciation to what they are.My treat will be to go to Rome in a few weeks time. I can't wait to trace over the steps we took through this course and with my monuments list/notebook in one hand and a gelato altamente raccomandato in the other. Thanks!

By Bradford K

Sep 21, 2017

Very challenging course with interesting content presented in an interactive and informative way.

By iryna s

Jun 07, 2017

it was very interesting course.Thank you so much.

By FELIPE M

Sep 16, 2017

Very recomendable!!

By Wendi S

Aug 02, 2017

This was an excellent course. There were good visuals, the professor was pleasant and made everything come alive. Constant references and comparisons to previous lectures topics helped clarify. I believe because this course was the actual college classroom, it was much better than many of the courses that are filmed just for this site. I felt I was in the room learning and even though I was only auditing, got so much out of it.

By Olya S

Dec 02, 2017

Very informative and interesting!

Thank you!

By Harry F H

May 31, 2018

A thorough look into the wonder-filled world of roman architecture.

By Marianna K

May 28, 2017

An excellent course for everyone interested in ancient Roman architecture and culture in general: exciting content and stunning visual support, great teacher with clear and passionate explanations of the scholar who truly loves her subject, lively discussion forums stimulating further research, with mentors always present and attentive (special thanks to Cynthia Willett with her unique ability to create a friendly atmosphere of like-minded people gathering and exchanging ideas and observations!). And through peer-review activities I got in touch with wonderful and creative people from all over the world.

Now I know which books to buy to deepen my knowledge (Ward-Perkins of course).

The fact the course has been registered during the semester at Yale gives a sensation of being one of its fortunate students.

I highly recommend the Roman Architecture course by Yale and Prof. Diana E.E. Kleiner!

By Milagros E

Jan 13, 2018

it's great

By Lynn B

Nov 03, 2017

This is a well designed course that takes you through the most important developments of Imperial Roman Architecture. I enjoyed every aspect of this course. The questions embedded in the lectures helped me to keep focused. Would like to see more courses like this please!

By Greg K

Jun 01, 2017

I now have a much better of architectural elements, and Roman history.

By Sergio N Z

Jul 12, 2017

A really good course. Very insightful. And the teacher transmits her passion for Rome in all her lectures.