Back to Driving business towards the Sustainable Development Goals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Driving business towards the Sustainable Development Goals by Erasmus University Rotterdam

Extreme weather events, wars, famine and environmental destruction are just a few of the wicked problems faced by humanity. That’s why in 2015 the United Nations adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. This agenda includes 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that target the big challenges such as how to eliminate poverty, how to protect the environment and how to bring about peace. Every member state committed to achieving these goals by 2030. What can businesses do to counter climate change and create a sustainable business culture? Why is this relevant for business anyway? Explore how business can contribute to a better future for people AND the planet without giving up profits. This course has been developed by Rotterdam School of Management at Erasmus University (RSM). It focuses on the role of businesses in achieving the SDGs. You will gain insights from leaders of international companies and academics in business and management who will guide you through the issue of how businesses can contribute to the SDGs. The course received a 'MOOC Award of Excellence' by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network and the SDG Academy in September 2019 (https://www.unsdsn.org/2019-sdsn-awards-of-excellence-winners-announced) After completing this course you will: • know what the SDGs are, why they are important and how each individual can be an agent for positive change in the world; • understand the role of business in the transition to sustainable development to create a prosperous future for all; • be able to identify interconnectedness of the SDGs and the challenges behind solving them; • know how management insights can contribute to the SDGs; • be able to evaluate the effectiveness of current business strategies in contributing to the SDGs; • develop a positive, critical, aware and courageous attitude towards the SDGs. The course consists of seven units, each focusing on several aspects of sustainable development and taking one week to complete. You will study by watching videos, reading literature and by engaging in other activities such as weekly challenges. Assignments will consist of quizzes, discussions with your fellow students, and challenges to implement in your daily life. Are you ready to find out how you can be an agent for positive change? Register now!...

MD
Nov 30, 2020

This course is superb! I was able to understand thoroughly the SDGs, its purpose and impact to make each businesses sustainable. The wonderful part also it ables you to identify your purpose

WA
Oct 19, 2020

Great review for the SDGs, completely comprehensive, easily understandable.\n\nThe warmest gratitude for Erasmus University Rotterdam.\n\nIt was indeed the greatest of pleasures.\n\nThanks

1 - 25 of 132 Reviews for Driving business towards the Sustainable Development Goals

By Helio B

Jul 22, 2019

GREAT AND EXCELLENT COURSE. WELL DESIGNED. WELL PRESENTED AND WELL DELIVERED. I STRONGLY RECOMMENDED

By Yoonseon O

Jul 15, 2019

Very well designed program with interesting and inspiring real business cases to understand how relevant stakeholders - from public sector, private sector to academia work together on sustainable development goal 2030.

By Saikiran K

Jul 16, 2020

I joined this course with two goals.

1) To strengthen my knowledge

2) To understand how to drive business towards the SDG.

I take immense pleasure in letting you all know that I have successfully achieved my goals upon completing the course. I would also like to add that I completed the course in two days. The course content is fabulous, the instructors are passionate and virtually connect with you well.

The best part about this course is the vast amount of external reading (articles, publications, etc.) that they provide us with to further our knowledge. Also, every concept that is taught is followed by a case study of a company, which helps us relate theory with reality.

Thank you for a great course!

By TIZIANA M

Mar 3, 2020

Interactive, full of materials, various approaches, different teachers for each topics and very well coordinated. It was really a pleasure to be a student of your course. I really thank you to have given me the opportunity to discover that in a Management School in the world there is a department of Positive Change initiative coordinated with a very inspiring director. I hope you will promote other initiatives on other aspects of these t

By Elena L

Oct 10, 2019

Great course, very interactive, informative and inspirational. Very well structured with a wealth of additional information available. Thoroughly enjoyed myself doing this course!

By Akor A

Feb 25, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course as it gave me the needed insights and perspectives for the need for sustainability and how it can be applied to businesses and individual lives.

By Ezzeddine J

Jul 22, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. It was well structured and very informative.

By Josep J C

Jul 13, 2019

Amazing MOOC! Congrats all RSM's Team.

By Raji R M

Jul 30, 2019

excellent insights

By Samandar M

Sep 23, 2019

This course was really helpful in furthering my knowledge and skills on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It really made an impact on my behavior as an individual, and reassured me of the importance of the actions of an individual (Hummingbird) as a positive force. I gained indpeth understanding of how businesses can contribute to achieving the SDGs, and what steps and processes they can follow to effectively contribute to the SDGs, and to measure their performance, as well as contribution.

The course was also really content rich, and well structured. I highly appreciate this course, to anyone who want to bring about positive change. I am grateful to Coursera.org, and RSM for developing such a wonderful online MOOC. Samandar Mahmodi, Founder, Afghan Evaluation Society (AfES).

By sai p t

Jul 20, 2020

This is one of the best MOOCs I have ever participated. Each week I had gained some much that I will carry them to rest the days. All profs and industry experts are so inspirational and they are many things take away.

Now i understand why this course is recognized as "best MOOC" my SDG Academy in 2019. I recommend this for every one to enroll, learn and get inspired. Be a #positive change maker.

By Fatima d G

Jul 20, 2020

Highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the SDGs and how you can be an ambassador of change. The learning material is varied and inspiring, with different speakers presenting real-life cases from a wide array of businesses and management disciplines. And be ready for a bit of a personal weekly challenge as well!

By Saleh M A

Sep 13, 2020

Well written course materials and structured and easygoing lectures. Suitable for any discipline. Even if I am a student of M.Sc in Sustainable Development at Uppsala University, I have enrolled this to add value to my CV and brush up my basic knowledge with utmost care and integration.

By Satish K B

Apr 10, 2020

It was a complete package for this course on driving the business towards sustainable development goals. I am pleased by the content, presentations and the way it was conducted by the luminaries and professors, academicians and corporate bigwigs who were experts in respective domains.

By Eleni P

Dec 8, 2020

This MOOC was unexpectently amazing, inspirational and insightful and I am very grateful for all those that they assembled it. Well done for your hard efforts to make this true and for the purpose that it serves!!! The Business School of Erasmus University Rotterdam rocks!

By Stephen B

This course not only provided me theoretical knowledge on SDGs but also how SDGs are implemented in actual practice. On top of that, there were a few skills that I can use in my professional and daily life (e.g. systems thinking). I will definitely recommend this course.

By Joan Y S H

Feb 27, 2021

This is a great course on SDG. Everyone who is featured and has worked to bring this course has been very generous in sharing knowledge and stories. It shows the true spirit of the SDGs and I'm very inspired and motivated to follow in their footsteps. Thank you.

By Heike O

May 15, 2020

Loved the content. Perfect mix of academic lecture and industry case studies. The weekly hummingbird challenges and other supplemental information was very diversified and interesting.

My first Coursera mooc and the bar of standards has been set very high.

By Tashma K

Dec 15, 2020

Really good overview of the Sustainable Development Goals. I enjoyed the extra resources and the apps and tools I was introduced to. Now that I have an idea of what the SDGs are, I can focus more directly on those compatible with my industry.

By Trung N H

Jun 24, 2020

I am from a developing country where has emission is double growing fast. I would like to concern "Developed or Developing countries should cut down CO2 now". We should account for Emission on capital per population, not the whole nation.

By Laura C

Nov 27, 2020

This MOOC is really well structured. It offers a good variety of activities that will keep you interested and motivated while learning, and it will offer you enriching materials to deepen your knowledge if you wish to. Highly recommend

By Brandi C

Dec 5, 2020

A great introduction to the Sustainable Development Goals with terrific real life examples. This course was put together very well and is easy to follow along with and complete. The videos are great and the quizzes are very doable.

By MELISSA M S

Aug 30, 2020

You will immediately notice that a lot of thought and care has been put into developing this MOOC, it is very well set out. The videos are short and snappy and keep you engaged and there's a great variety of experts on each topic.

By Glen A d C

Feb 2, 2020

This is a very helpful course in trying to understand the relationships of problems and potential solutions in today's world. It provides a sort of mental framework on how to look at things and how they are interconnected.