Back to Sensors and Sensor Circuit Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sensors and Sensor Circuit Design by University of Colorado Boulder

After taking this course, you will be able to: ● Understand how to specify the proper thermal, flow, or rotary sensor for taking real-time process data. ● Implement thermal sensors into an embedded system in both hardware and software. ● Add the sensor and sensor interface into a microprocessor based development kit. ● Create hardware and firmware to process sensor signals and feed data to a microprocessor for further evaluation. ● Study sensor signal noise and apply proper hardware techniques to reduce it to acceptable levels. You will need to buy the following components to do the two course projects based on the videos in this module. Note that if you have already purchased the PSOC 5LP PROTOTYPING KIT, you do not need to buy it again. These parts may be purchased off the Digikey web site, www. Digikey.com. Or, you may obtain the specs from the site, and purchase them elsewhere. These are the part numbers typed out, so you can copy and paste them into the Digikey web site. You will need one of each part. 428-3390-ND NHD-0216BZ-RN-YBW-ND 570-1229-ND A105970CT-ND...

MC

Feb 21, 2019

This course is a great overview of thermal and flow sensors and how to implement them as well as select them. It's also a great course in using the Cypress PSoC.

CG

Jul 03, 2019

The PSoC is a great technology that I didn't know before. I'm going to use it at home in my personal projects and at work as quick prototyping and testing.

1 - 15 of 15 Reviews for Sensors and Sensor Circuit Design

By Kadiri C

Jan 26, 2019

This course is an intermediate level course.In fact it the most basic course for every electronic student who want to fight with sensors and its applications. The professor teaching in a cool pretty way such that any grade student can tackle with the course effectively.This course has financial aid option .So i rated it 5 . Fellow competitors please opt this course for better sharpening of your skill set.

By Shane m

Apr 04, 2019

Great intro to sensors and embedded systems. Coding is simplified but that's probably good for an intro class.

By Ryan C

Feb 11, 2019

This is a fairly well put together course, and I recommend it for anyone looking to gain knowledge of thermal and flow sensors and signal conditioning. One of my favorite things about the course was that I learned about the PSOC5 microcontroller, which is really a configurable system on chip. It is a very cool tool that I will likely use in the future! One complaint about the course is that the quizzes can be frustrating because some of the questions are worded strangely (to the point of being confusing), and the questions sometimes don't do a good job of testing your actual knowledge of the material and seem very arbitrary (sometimes it seems like they are trying to trick you into picking the wrong answer). Also, it took me a while to figure out that, in the multiple choice questions, the square check boxes mean that you can select more than one item, and the round check boxes mean that only one box can be selected. Recommendations for improvement would be to ensure that PDFs of the slides are provided in every lecture (the links we missing on some lectures), and to gear the quiz questions more toward material comprehension and less toward 'did this person watch the video.' All in all, I recommend this course.

By Aakriti B

Mar 19, 2019

The course was amazing. The quizzes had few issues - even though my answers were right, the prompt said it was wrong. My answers matched according to the lectures as well as the slides, but somehow every iteration turned out wrong. This way it was hard to score maximum on those quizzes. Other than that, I loved the course and I learned a lot. Thanks for the material.

By paradigminversion

Mar 11, 2019

I liked everything about the course except the exams. They were ambiguous and sometimes the answers were wrong. Furthermore, there's no feedback on why my answers were wrong. Whenever, only 11% of students pass an exam...trust me it's not the students.

However, the presentation and course content was great and very relevant to my work.

By Thomas H

Feb 16, 2019

Very nice course. I enjoy the lectures very much. Unfortunately the forum is no active, very few questions, and no answer at all. I would love to take the specification if there is more support from course provider.

By Manuel C

Feb 21, 2019

By Md H

Mar 06, 2019

This course has helped me understand the basics and intermediate level of Embedding System of Sensors especially Temperature sensor. It would certainly help me in my professional career and help in advancement in day to day work. The content and methodology is great. As I live in India where all the requisite components for the course were could be availed by importing only which took 2 months in total. It would be better if you purchase the materials well in advance. The content is great but not like spoon fed. You have to go through each step the trainer asks you follow, read the suggested material carefully to build basics and then only you will gain excellent knowledge. As I am a beginner to C Programming and Embedded System, it would take me much more than 5 weeks.

By Harsha V T

Apr 09, 2019

Nice course. Learnt new things

By Carlos N G

Jul 03, 2019

By Pablo C S

Jul 04, 2019

explicativo e criativo,consegue ser interessante até na parte teórica.

By Dean R

Jul 28, 2019

Well done course

By Tanmoy S

Jul 29, 2019

This course is extremely useful in fostering skills towards sensor designing and integrating.

By Rebecca G

May 13, 2019

The videos are good enough. The final project is frustrating as the leap between what was given in unit 2 and what was expected in unit 5 is pretty huge. The big down grade is the serious lack of input by instructors / TAs/ etc. You can't just throw the material out there are hope it makes sense... it always makes sense to the instructor, right ?

By Ovidiu S

Dec 08, 2018

A lot o dumb recitation. Very disappointing.