Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

PM
Aug 15, 2020

Professor Plous made me understand the lessons because he explained well all the lessons, and he provided enough information about the Social Psychology. More power to Coursera and Professor Plous :)

1426 - 1450 of 1,580 Reviews for Social Psychology

Apr 24, 2020

Good.

By José M R P

Jan 24, 2021

Good

By Baraskhan

Nov 30, 2020

Good

By Sona S

Nov 1, 2020

Nice

By Nuttaphol H

Oct 26, 2020

good

By I P S A W

Sep 28, 2020

good

By B S R

Sep 6, 2020

Good

By Mahima K - I

Aug 16, 2020

😍😍

By abinesh S

Aug 3, 2020

Good

By AHAMED M T

Jul 31, 2020

GOOD

By Ram K

good

By Vinay S D

Ok

By Ishaan P

Jun 20, 2020

By Murtadha A

Jun 2, 2020

Although the course was interesting - many topics were thought-provoking. I, in fact, enjoyed the course. However, to be transparent and honest here, there seemed to be some biases involved in addressing certain topics and that it felt like those ideas were pushed to be just accepted. An example was the topic on homosexuality and transgender where, instead of addressing the causes for such occurrences (e.g. sexual harassment and rape can cause such tendencies), the way it was addressed seemed biased. They suggested "biological evidence" when, in actuality, scientifically speaking, there have been many studied that suggested otherwise. In other words, at best, there is no enough evidence to make that claim, that is, homosexuality or transgender tendencies are not necessarily supported by biological evidence.

By Shaima S

Oct 19, 2020

A wonderful course. It gave me a lot of insight and it was very interesting. There were so many studies, so you have to find a somewhat slow, but not too slow that you miss the deadlines pace. It really made me feel that I am part of the university; I mean, it made me feel that I am taking the course inside the university itself. The length of the videos was reasonable and the information wasn't repeated, which I loved a lot; there is not the repetition of you hearing exactly the same thing twice or thrice just to lengthen the video. There were some funny seconds and I believe that this was a wise choice as it lifts the mood. It shows that the professor knows what he is talking about (I mean that is a psychology-move, that you insert comedy) [wink emoji]. I hope more people can benefit from this course!