Back to Introduction to Molecular Spectroscopy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Molecular Spectroscopy by University of Manchester

The course introduces the three key spectroscopic methods used by chemists and biochemists to analyse the molecular and electronic structure of atoms and molecules. These are UV/Visible , Infra-red (IR) and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopies. The content is presented using short focussed and interactive screencast presentations accompanied by formative quizzes to probe understanding of the key concepts presented. Numerous exercises are provided to facilitate mastery of each topic. A unique virtual spectroscopic laboratory is made available to enable students to measure and analyse spectra online. Assessment is via summative quizzes completed during the course period....

SA

Jul 02, 2019

It was a good experience to learn online. This course increase my knowledge an i gain new concept which are very helpful for me and guide me in this field more. thank you

JG

Jun 23, 2019

Overall Course was good, I had gained enough knowledge regarding the basic of spectroscopy. This course is worth for the chemistry and chemical background students.

1 - 25 of 91 Reviews for Introduction to Molecular Spectroscopy

By Sayan s

Jun 25, 2018

The practicals and the quiz series were awesome.This course is awesome for chemistry lovers and also for Chemical engineering guys.

By Nedyu Y

Jun 04, 2019

I liked the course, attended it as a refresher, not really needed right now for my work. Basic principles explained properly, exam questions slightly away from the course material, which was indeed informative. More example and practical consideration would have been positively received.

Looking forward for similar courses in chromatography and MS.

By SADAF A

Jul 02, 2019

By Jay G

Jun 23, 2019

By Mostafa R H

Mar 26, 2020

Over the past few days, I was engaged with spectroscopic analysis. Modern spectroscopic technique encompasses a large amount of spectroscopic knowledge and some basic physics-chemistry jargon. I really enjoyed the course, since I am a textile engineer, it will help me understand the structures of various textile materials i.e. synthetics, non-synthetics, etc. Thank you Coursera.

By Allison A

Apr 14, 2019

Okay explanations; would appreciate more readings and examples. Moreover, answers to quizzes aren't explained. Things could also be explained more intuitively in the videos.

By Jiban K M

Dec 06, 2018

As far as Spectroscopy literacy is concerned, I think I was sort of illiterate. After completing this course I may consider myself spectroscopy literate, though I may have gathered only a few specs of the vast ocean of spectroscopy. A lot I have to learn and if a combined advanced course including mass spectroscopy is offered I'll be delighted to join. The course content and the presentation are exemplary in my opinion. My indebtedness remains to Dr. Patrick for creating an addicting interest into the subject.

By ANIRBAN G M

Apr 01, 2020

It was a very interesting course .I learned some basic fundamental concepts from this course.I am very thankful to the professor who taught me this course. I am specially thankful to Coursera for introducing this course and helping me to complete this course. Coursera's approach to help the students who want to learn more and more is highly appreciated.Thanks a lot Coursera.

By Johanna H

Jan 11, 2018

I have enjoyed this course. It is a good introduction into the three main methods of spectroscopy, the material emphasizes the theoretical foundations, so take it if you want to make sure you understand what is going on. I feel it has helped me build a solid foundation to now delve deeper into more advanced techniques.

By Wessam S

Jul 31, 2019

Great course! The way this course is introduced is very pleasing, the course notes are very useful and the assessment quizzes are decent.

I recommend this course to anyone who is interested to learn more about Spectroscopy which will give you the proper foundation you need to understand.

By Subuhan A A A

May 19, 2019

Very helpful in creating a clear-cut view regarding the marvelous world of molecular spectroscopy. Significant packets of knowledge about UV/Visible spectroscopy, IR spectroscopy NMR spectroscopy can be earned through this course. Highly recommended for a UG/PG Chemistry student.

By Omkar S B

Mar 29, 2019

Really informative course for budding material scientists organic chemists and grad students interested in learning material characterization techniques and the basic chemistry involved in their operation. Instructor is an expert and lab quizzes are practical and fun to solve.

By Guty P

Jan 24, 2020

This was a very good course. I'm really satisfied as it guides you through the basics while still explaining to a certain detail the phenomne behind it. The exercises help to settle in the theory and the simulated spectra are very helpful to study and get familiar with them.

By Akrema

Oct 30, 2017

This course has introduced some new facts about the spectroscopy. I have learned a lot from this course which helped me to better analyze the spectra and its interpretation. I have recommended this course to my colleagues. Very good videos and mentors. Thank you Coursera.

By Marianna P

Nov 15, 2017

Very interesting course. I understood well UV VIS and IR spectrometry. NMR is quite difficult and out of my interest, but i read all of them! If you are a physical chemist, i highly recommend to take this course. I finished it in 2 days. !!

By Victor Z

Mar 04, 2019

I really liked the way all the nformation is been organized and explained,

everynthing was very undestandable, thank you very much.

Hope the audio and video recordings get a little bit improved but that's all

By 胡艺瑶

Feb 05, 2020

I have gained detail information about each different characterization techniques and how to analyse the graphs. All the knowledge is extremely useful in my latter study.

By Anastasia K

Apr 13, 2019

This course gives comprehensive overview on various spectroscopic techniques providing a large deal of underlying theory and also technical details in laboratory work.

By DrMalay J B

May 04, 2019

Excellent course for basic knowledge of spectroscopy. The syllabus is very precisely designed for providing a deep understanding of various spectral techniques.

By Erald S

Apr 03, 2018

Excellent material and pace. Assignments were challenging but could be completed from the lecture material alone. Overall a great experience.

By Juan A P L

Aug 26, 2018

Very recommended to every person who wants to understand the basic ideas, concepts and calculations of current spectroscopic techniques.

By SONIA Y

Apr 04, 2020

This course is very helpful in clearing my doubts. and also learn new thing. Thanks to all the mentors for teaching so deeply. Regards

By David P M F F

Mar 07, 2019

A soft and focused course. Good to learn or review the general principles of UV-VIS, IR and NMR spectoscropy. Not very time consuming.

By Shrushti

Nov 09, 2018

Helped me in analyzing and interpreting the IR,UV-VIS and NMR spectrums. Great course for a Biotechnologist in the making!

By Abhimanyu T

Sep 28, 2019

Very good course. Helped me in clearing my basics regarding spectroscopy. NMR was explained quite thoroughly and clearly.