Back to Introduction to Molecular Spectroscopy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Molecular Spectroscopy by University of Manchester

The course introduces the three key spectroscopic methods used by chemists and biochemists to analyse the molecular and electronic structure of atoms and molecules. These are UV/Visible , Infra-red (IR) and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopies. The content is presented using short focussed and interactive screencast presentations accompanied by formative quizzes to probe understanding of the key concepts presented. Numerous exercises are provided to facilitate mastery of each topic. A unique virtual spectroscopic laboratory is made available to enable students to measure and analyse spectra online. Assessment is via summative quizzes completed during the course period....

KB
Oct 14, 2020

This course helped me to further understand the principle behinds the 3 main spectroscopic techniques: UV/VIS, IR and NMR which is very beneficial for my future career working in a lab environment.

MR
Sep 9, 2020

Muy bien todo y super completo, ayuda aun mas en esta situación de cuarentena porque facilita la información y es una nueva manera de aprender que esta muy bien fundamentada y muy bien organizada

76 - 100 of 528 Reviews for Introduction to Molecular Spectroscopy

By KEYURKUMAR K A

I 've learned lots of thing in this course about spectroscopy which are very much useful for me in theoritical studies and as well as practical. Good Experienced.

By Yashwantsinh J

Jun 10, 2020

It was a good learning experience and the faculty presented in a nice way to understand, we are waiting for next similar kind of sessions from your university.

By Benjamin C C

Jun 8, 2020

Excellent course, I learned a lot, I am very grateful for teaching the courses, it was a good experience to learn in online. Thank you very much to Cursera!!!

By Dr B K S

May 22, 2020

Introduction to molecular spectroscopy course is very good for science stream, resource person teaches very nicely, designing of the course is very good.

By GAYATHRY T C

Apr 10, 2021

It is a wonderful opportunity to learn spectroscopic techniques. I likes this course structure very much. I am so happy to take part in this course.

By Sergio A D A

Oct 8, 2020

Excellent course, I understand in deep the science of Spectroscopy and how I would identify different compounds in basis at the technique that I use

By RAO U D K

Sep 11, 2020

This course was very interesting and objective. I like this course. I hope that this will help me in the future to use the spectroscopic techniques.

By suman k b

Jul 3, 2020

this course is very useful for chemistry faculty and student in molecular spectroscopy. in this course lab quiz and graph technology is wonderful.

By Ragini R

Jun 11, 2020

It was a wonderful learning experience. Solving the quiz was a lot of fun. I really appreciate the content and distribution of the topics. Regards.

By Navneet K U

Aug 2, 2020

Most informative and knowledgeable content with good presentation, this course help me to improve my knowledge about Spectroscopy (UV, IR and NMR)

By Dr S A

Jun 19, 2020

The course was very interesting. Specially I liked the videos showing working of different spectrometers and the lab quizzes. Thank you coursera.

By Priyanka K D

Jul 28, 2020

This course was very helpful for me. It was enjoyable to learn online. It helped me to strengthen my concepts of NMR,IR and UV/Vis Spectroscopy.

By NITESH C

May 16, 2020

Excellent course. Very nicely designed. Lab sessions & quizzes are up to the mark & of best level. Thank You very much for all Your efforts.

By Akhil J

Dec 20, 2021

A great course for those with a bit of knowledge about spectro! Especially the lab quiz, its quite intuitive! I am glad i did this course.

By JEMINA.I

Interesting course.Applying the theoretical concepts in solving problem has strengthened the knowledge about the spectroscopic techniques

By DHAVAL L B

Jun 12, 2020

This course is very useful fir the spectroscopy point of view and increase the practical knowledge.in this all video easily to explain.

By Sampa B

Apr 14, 2020

excellent course. i brushed up my knowledge of spectroscopy thoroughly. I am very much confident now teaching this topic to my students

By Ismail A

Mar 21, 2021

I'm very happy to complete this course and it was a good experience for me! Dr.Patrick explained really well and thank you very much!

By Ixtayul L A S

Aug 24, 2020

Is a great course for all the teachings, the ways to explain, and the time and patience in the sudents learning process.

five stars.

By Dr. M V N

*THIS COURSE IS VERY USEFUL TOWARDS FUNDAMENTALS OF SPECTROSCOPY. GIVEN VERY SUITABLE EXERCISE FOR EACH TOPIC. IT WAS EXCELLENT.

By Marcos A B J

Aug 24, 2020

Very good content with an good approach. It has helped me unravel some cloudy concepts in my head with ease. Thanks professor!

By Ayan B

Aug 13, 2020

I found the course very helpful and forms the basis of in depth study.The spectrum was particularly interesting.Thank you Sir!

By Rajvir K

Jun 7, 2020

Great experience of learning with unique style (Experimental setup and drawn of spectrum).

Thanks to Prof. Patrick J O'Malley.

By AKSHAY A A

It was amazing experience learning Molecular Spectroscopy by University of Manchester thank you Coursera having amazing course

By ARUNBALA B

Jul 18, 2020

It was really a wonderful course and I got to learn more about the spectroscopy and I thank Coursera for offering this course