Back to Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python by IBM

Much of the world's data resides in databases. SQL (or Structured Query Language) is a powerful language which is used for communicating with and extracting data from databases. A working knowledge of databases and SQL is a must if you want to become a data scientist. The purpose of this course is to introduce relational database concepts and help you learn and apply foundational knowledge of the SQL language. It is also intended to get you started with performing SQL access in a data science environment. The emphasis in this course is on hands-on and practical learning . As such, you will work with real databases, real data science tools, and real-world datasets. You will create a database instance in the cloud. Through a series of hands-on labs you will practice building and running SQL queries. You will also learn how to access databases from Jupyter notebooks using SQL and Python. No prior knowledge of databases, SQL, Python, or programming is required. Anyone can audit this course at no-charge. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you can also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

BS

Amazing course for beginners! The entire course is well structured and has good hands-on assignments. SQL is extremely essential for Database management and fun learning so please do try this one out!

PK
Aug 19, 2020

A very useful course with some very interesting datasets/Jupyter notebooks to work through/practice your skills. Offers a good balanced blend between theory and practical/practice. Very good course!

126 - 150 of 1,553 Reviews for Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python

By Esteban J R

Mar 8, 2020

The course is an excellent introduction to SQL.

All the materials are provided to you, so all you need is a computer and an internet connection.

I think you can get the most of it if you are already familiar with some basic concepts of data science and data structures.

By Alexander G

Jan 17, 2021

I completed 4 course weeks in one calendar week. During this week, I refreshed my knowledge in SQL and Python, got acquainted with IBM_DB2 and entertained myself with some mild brain activities constructing queries. Many thanks to all those who developed this course!

By Aman T

Apr 19, 2020

This was a nice course and I learned a lot. Knowing database language is must to beome sucessful data scientist and this course will teach you everything you should know to gey started with sql. I highly recommend this course to enroll and learn something from this.

By Jason J D

Aug 31, 2019

Very good course for SQL and Databases. Goes through the concepts of Databases, SQL, how to access data from Databases using Python, and SQL Magic. The course content is good and the labs are amazing. Anyone who aspires to work with Databases should try this course!

By Hitesh R

Feb 19, 2020

I liked this course. It was really informative and helpful. I would like to see you guys coming up with another course teaching about how to collect data from different sources if it is not readily available as .csv file.

Thank you for this wonderful course.

By Edison G B

Apr 27, 2020

Liked the video material (from IBM Cognitive Labs) which provided a very good conceptual understanding of relational databases and SQL querying language. Also useful to understand how to query a SQL server on the cloud (in this case IBM Cloud) from python.

By Fernando L C

Feb 24, 2020

I learnt have easy is to set up a database on ibm cloud and load data set. Also I have refreshed my knowledge about SQL. I found the labs very entertaining and the topics in the video very well distributed :) Thanks for the work done in making this course!

By Jorge A C C

Dec 9, 2019

Muy bueno y completo, se integra los conocimientos de modulos anteriores y se tiene un buen reforzamiento de SQL.

Asimismo, el usar el Skill Network Labs junto con el IBM Watson Studio y el servicio IBM DB2 on Cloud es una gran experiencia de aprendizaje.

By Mayur G

Mar 6, 2020

This course covers all required basic of SQL. Although I was aware of basics but I leaned connection to database from Python. Access data using various libraries in Python. I really recommend everyone to take this course to start with Database in Python.

By Ian S

Jan 12, 2020

There are a large number of practical examples which reinforce the theory thought in the video lectures. Would highly recommened doing the optional parts of this course as well as it will benefit the person taking the course. All in all a great course.

By Fabio D P

Feb 28, 2021

The course is very well structured with hands-on practice and real life databases. The course starts with basic skills and evolves into combining databases, so it was very useful as a foundation for further development. I definitely recommend.

By Prathamesh L

Jul 22, 2020

A good and elaborate course for beginners.

Hands on lab assignments are better than most of the courses and Mr. Rav Ahuja and team have been spot on in covering the core of the topic.

A great stepping stone to start off data science using SQL

By Terry G

Apr 24, 2020

This had some great overviews of using SQL with Python and also got me to connect with an external database. I don't have a lot of SQL experience, so some of this way review for me, so I can't speak to someone that is less familiar with SQL.

By Ritesh G

Sep 25, 2020

I am very happy that I have completed this course. I find this course useful for office needs, all the sessions were very interactive, meaningful and easy to understand. Solving real world problem was fun and thoroughly enjoyed this course!

By Filipe S M G

Aug 22, 2019

This is a very good introductory (and maybe even intermediate) course on SQL (with and without Python/Jupyter). I only miss more reading material to avoid going back to the videos - maybe the slides could be made available after each week.

By Ajith R

Aug 17, 2020

I loved the training and the material as well. The only thing painful was doing the peer assignment, you need to take screenshot and then upload. It would have been easier if we could have just click on the Submit in the juypter notebook.

By Himesh K

Jun 15, 2019

Awesome course to gain practical knowledge of using databases from the cloud with a jupiter notebook. The course was really helpful and helped to gain an overview. An increased thirst to have better knowledge/grip on the user perspective.

By Damilola O

While this course is a demanding one, it is also quite interesting and well loaded with deep knowledge. I enjoyed every bit of it and I did not mind the time I had to keep up late some nights running Jupyter Notebook and querying data.

By Jecris M

Mar 17, 2021

I had a challenging but fulfilling and wonderful experience in this course. Thank you so much, Coursera for helping me finished this skills. I gained so much confidence in SQL Db2 management and Python access. More power to your team!

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Diego M

Jun 28, 2019

Great introduction!

I had no experience with SQL at all. This course helped a lot in understanding many details about RDBMS.

I can now do many useful queries and have a head start when start to read a RDBMS book to deep my knowledge!

By CHUA W K

Jul 8, 2020

This problem is excellent , i've totally no experience in programming but i still can success for the assignment ! be patient , re-watch all those videos , it will help you to understand the sequences and your assignment needed!

By Muhammad A

Aug 22, 2019

Although I have previous knowledge about SQL and databases, I have worked on Oracle 11g as well but by doing this course now i am able to connect IBM-db2 API with python. I have learned how to code in python to access databases

By Nikhil J

Apr 13, 2020

Definitely recommended. Great course, good basics, and assignments. But, IBM Cloud throws random errors sometimes when you try to open the db2 console (402, 502, 404). Just refresh it multiple times. Should solve the problem.

By Anil k

Dec 12, 2019

This is best platform to improve your skills, i got to much practical knowledge to work forward for my career. i would highly recommend everyone , who is reading this, go for it. You would thank me later for recommendation..