Back to Teach English Now! Second Language Reading, Writing, and Grammar

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Second Language Reading, Writing, and Grammar by Arizona State University

In this course, you will learn ideas for teaching reading and writing courses, and how to include grammar instruction within them. Learn how to help students with differing types of reading problems and how to implement both intensive and extensive reading strategies. Learn strategies to engage students in the stages of writing--pre-writing, writing, and post-writing. Find out about different writing problems that students may encounter. Incorporate grammar through the use of noticing and input enhancement....

PM
Jan 20, 2021

Although the skits are cheesy, they improve comprehension of the concepts discussed throughout the course. The course was still meaningful because it teaches you to integrate all skills in one lesson.

AE
Aug 28, 2020

I appreciate to Coursera and also for Arizona State University to help me learn more about English like reading, Writing and Grammar and also I want to add the Speaking as well.\n\nThanks fir all!!!

126 - 150 of 502 Reviews for Teach English Now! Second Language Reading, Writing, and Grammar

By Anna M C

Feb 5, 2018

Thank you a lot for fantastic learning adventure:) It was really a pleasure to study:) All the best from Poland, Anna

By Ralph B F C

May 22, 2019

Great course content! It's clear and comprehensive. Coursera/University of Arizona must produce similar courses! :)

By Carlos E O C

Aug 22, 2017

I can recommend it. With this course I have learned a lot tips and strategies to make my class more interesting!

By Alan D D S

Jul 13, 2016

Great course! We may overlook such skills for our students, but they're indeed necessary! I highly recommend it!

By Jestoni E S

May 6, 2020

I learned so much in making quality lesson planning. Strategies are also provided. Amazing instructors! Thanks.

By Asghar S

Mar 17, 2020

It was very challenging part, and the most exciting too. I felt so grateful that I made it , thank you so much.

By Cherniaeva I

Dec 9, 2020

It was great! i've learned to incorporate boring grammar into reading, I've learned how to improve my lessons!

By James H

Jun 3, 2017

The course is very easy to understand. I liked the illustrations used to help make the lessons understandable

By Jenny s

May 17, 2016

What a creative idea by filming our courses as the fairy story "the wizard of oz", I had a lot of fun so far.

By Andrew K D

Apr 15, 2021

This is a great program. It is rich in content and skills for anyone to become an excellent English teacher.

By Akbarova M R

Dec 13, 2020

Thanks for organisers of this course a lot. I learnt useful method of teaching grammar, reading and writing.

By abdoul m t

Dec 30, 2017

superbly and strategically planned and delivered to turn any participants into a top notch English teacher

By Nigorakhon S

Sep 8, 2020

I have learnt a lot that I hope will help me in my profession development. Thank you all for your effort!

By Ramesh A

Aug 3, 2020

Thank you Dr. Dixon and the team. The course was very interesting and informative. I enjoyed learning it.

By Manal A L

May 12, 2020

A very interesting course. It sheds the light on key concepts and presents the information in a easy way.

By Rəbiyə A

Feb 7, 2021

Thx to everyone who contibuted this course.Generally,I've learned more teaching skills with this course.

By Жансая Р

Jan 20, 2021

excellent course that helped me to understand main things about teaching reading and writing and grammar

By Tássia T C d P

Sep 4, 2019

I am totally in love with this course! I love the teachers, their videos, the texts... It's really good!

By Roland B D

Oct 12, 2016

The materials are excellent for use with very clear objectives. Thanks to Dr. Shane and the whole team.

By Tran V

Jun 23, 2016

I loved the way our instructors made the lectures more sticky by incorporating them in children stories!

By Konstantin U

Jun 12, 2019

These courses are great. They have useful information and they are presented in a fun and engaging way.

By Johleen K

Nov 16, 2020

I love the approach that's used in this course. Very refreshing and also made it easier to comprehend.

By William L S Z

Sep 17, 2020

There are some techniques in this course which are amazing to keep in mind and practice with students.

By Katia A V R

Aug 6, 2020

reading comprehension, fluency in English vocabulary, oral use of grammar.

Thanks to all the teachers

By Cecilia U

Jul 23, 2020

Excellent teaching strategies. I really enjoyed to learn with you. This course is highly recommended.