Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

DH
Jan 8, 2021

presenter is very good .\n\ni love her.\n\nthe content which i learned here in this course is actually intuitive and i have heard and read from different sources , but here its different.\n\nthank you

Aug 21, 2020

Amazing course and amazing instructor. The environment and vibes throughout were positive and helped me feel much happier and understand much more about looking at life through different perspectives.

251 - 275 of 10,000 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

Dec 22, 2020

It was grat

By annie t

Oct 1, 2019

The last 4 weeks where we implemented our choice action was anti-climactic..especially for me and maybe others who, except for one rewirement, specifically, meditation, had already implemented the other rewirements into our lives. I was disappointed. This was really a 4 week ish kind of course and without followup. I read most of my fellow-student musings and many were floundering. I know that one on one is not possible but brief Q and A's might have helped OR lectures from other experts (like me) who help people to accomplish their goals. The initial lectures were excellent, really and gave us researched-back knowledge and tools and that is where the real value lay. (as an aside, putting Yale on a pedestal and Yalies on it, did nothing for this online course but we took it with a grain of salt)

Nice job professor.. nice lecture delivery. thank you

By Abhishek P

Jul 2, 2020

It's been a wonderful experience to get to know what empirical sciences have to say about Happiness. The course has cleared some of the fundamental myths of living a happy life. I would say that it's a must for those who are at the threshold of taking imp career decisions. It's been amazing experience to attend the course under the guidance of Prof. Santos.

By Megan L

Nov 25, 2018

Really interesting and useful information. Since this course is now hosted on coursera for a global audience though I would suggest the professor re-film the course with that audience in mind. We aren't all privileged college students. It would be greatly appreciated for examples to be framed with a diverse audience in mind.

By Ernesto M C

Feb 19, 2019

Super interesting insights from Professor Santos. The course is an interesting curation of different behavioral and psychological studies on different aspects of life. Great for rethinking goals, prioritizing and having self-accountability.

By Marc A

Feb 14, 2019

I enjoyed the taught content and was particularly impressed by the integration of real life experiential stuff and habit change. The scope of wellbeing practices was pretty broad, though could have been broader.

By Immanuel A

May 7, 2021

What an enlightening course! This field should be way more hyped in this century. Even though it's a recording of lectures, it doesn't lose its appeal and engagement.

By Teedara W

Mar 11, 2019

This course gives is a good balance of scientific information and also the ability to use the skills given to better improve your everyday well being.

By David G

Sep 10, 2018

Great sections on the misconceptions we all have about wellbeing, strategies for improving wellbeing and helping to build better habits.

By john l

Feb 16, 2019

Science showed that we can build habits to improve our well-being. It just takes practice and persistence.

By Mario R

Dec 22, 2020

Very helpful!

By Harini

Jul 20, 2020

Good

By Dr. W W

Apr 3, 2021

I have learnt a lot during week 1-5, I think there could be more in week 6-10. I feel the course is more individual-focused. Given we are the product of our time and socially constructed, the concept of happiness may be a bit passive in this module. For example, how can we better pay inequality by being happy with young people's struggle? In an area, winner -take-all economy, capital controllers leverage their assets, market globally and amass more wealth than any group in human history (Obama, 2020), it will be good to take a critical view on things we should put up by individually effort (week 1-5) and things we should change.

By Kristin L

I'm extremely upset right now. This class was originally free, but my husband was told if we paid for it I would receive credits. I would never have spent the amount of time I did on this class or the money had I known I would not receive any credits for this class. I am extremely upset. I have tried to find a phone number and I have looked for an email, but I have not located one yet.

By James H

Aug 22, 2019

Was good. There were a lot of points I already knew from basic youtube videos but there were also some new points about well being and positive psychology. The course doesn't go super in depth but I would say it's worth getting into especially if you're completely new to the concept of positive psychology.

By Yazan Z

Aug 26, 2019

Good insights, the professor keeps skipping things she told she would talk about, and she keeps changing one subject to another that makes it hard to grasp the concepts clearly!

By Rosa I

May 31, 2018

interesting course, good "life work" to help you build positive habits of mind. Would have preferred more guided online conversations amongst participants.

By Sónia I d C M C

Jul 7, 2020

The course should be based on a global culture, more generic and not so close to American culture and American authors.

By Silvana M C

Jul 24, 2019

In my opinion the teacher kept the same pace and voice, which made the course a little boring.

By Oliver C

Sep 16, 2020

Content pretty boring and only somewhat helpful