Back to Transacting on the Blockchain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Transacting on the Blockchain by INSEAD

Today, large intermediaries establish trust in our economy and control the movement, storage, and allocation of money and assets. The status quo, however, is rife with inefficiencies. In this course, we’ll address the many challenges of the status quo and discuss how cryptoassets, smart contracts, new identity systems, and new financial business models can help overcome them. You’ll learn how blockchain technology empowers individuals, entrepreneurs, and businesses with the tools they need to help level the playing field and to participate in the value they create. By the end of this course, you’ll learn how and why transacting on the blockchain can help us bring about a future that is faster, fairer, and more distributed than the world we inhabit today....

OA

Jul 31, 2019

An excellent course covering topics of Transactions, Smart Contracts, Identity, Financial Services, and Accounting. All in a perspective of how can the blockchain improve their performance.

DS

May 11, 2019

Amazing course. You will love it if you enroll it. You will not regret. 100% recommended. The instructors, Don and Alex, are outstanding.

1 - 17 of 17 Reviews for Transacting on the Blockchain

By Saman A

Jun 01, 2019

Great course.

By Melissa G

Jun 09, 2019

This course was good, but I was disappointed in the lack of interaction as well as some of the sections. The first two weeks were great- I learned a lot! I found them to be detailed, consider multiple scenarios, and overall, just informative. However, as we got into week three, I found so many sections of privacy to be really boring. There wasn't a lot here and what was was mostly common sense. Then, we got to financial services, which I was so excited about. I found this section to be so idealistic and obnoxious . The Tapscotts offer so many reasons why the financial services industry is terrible (it is) and why blockchain can fix it (it could). But they completely ignore how difficult it would be to do this or if it even makes sense (I am not sure peer based insurance does. I think it might be worse...). Blockchain is going to be amazing for businesses, and some of these fin. services need to be the first to transform, but transformation is going to have stages and challenges. It would have been great for these challenges to be addressed instead of just offering up an idealistic world view and slamming long standing industries.

I was also seriously disappointed with the lack of interaction from the TAs and other classmates. It was pointless to do discussion questions with any level of effort.

3 stars. Really interesting material over all, and I learned. But the 4th week was just too unrealistic, and I wish there was some level of interaction for a topic that is emerging technology.

By David M S

May 11, 2019

By Ying C C

Apr 25, 2019

Everyone can understand blockchain technology in which area. And what different in token and coin.

Especially it points out the inefficiency in the modern accounting system.

I think this course is very important to everyone.

By Andrejs V

May 08, 2019

This course is much more better and interesting than the into course in the Specialization. With no politics involved in speeches. Was so interested and handy to learn about Smart contracts and identity it will, I hope so, disrupt a lot of industries, especially legal and health! Thank to everyone involved in creation of this course. Enjoyed.

By Jeffrey

May 16, 2019

This comprehensive training on transactions on the blockchain was excellent. It significantly increased my knowledge and understanding of key concepts, issues, challenges, and opportunities regarding financial tranactions on the blockchain. Enjoyed learning about concept like tripple accounting.

By Daniel A

Jun 01, 2019

This course gave me a good understanding on how the blockchain can be applied in several industries and how smart contracts work.

By Piotr

Jun 30, 2019

Great course!

By Guy-Serge P

Jul 03, 2019

The second course of the specialization allowed me to sharpen my knowledge about the blockchain. Many concepts from the first course re used to go deeper into the applications of the blockchain technology. The rich bibliography gives us the opportunity to learn more. Before the first course I had no idea about blockchain. As a lot of people, I used to equate blockchain with bitcoins. I am starting to have a more complete view of the whole field. Of course I will need to go deeper with the following segments of the specialization. I strongly recomment this course which is relevant for people working in several domains of knowledge.

By Leon L

Jul 18, 2019

Great insight into where blockchain brings value. Got a real understanding of the financial services industry.

By Orlando A

Jul 31, 2019

By M. C O

Aug 05, 2019

The content of this course is wide-ranging, clear and well-structured; hence I would definitely recommend it to my colleagues.

I would rate the performances of Professor Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott as excellent; they have definitely made me quite easy, a first approach to blockchain.

Thanks to the INSEAD and congratulations on this course

By Krishna P B

Aug 07, 2019

Great course to understand the blockchain basics

By Frédéric V

Aug 19, 2019

Excellent course, a lot of great information in order to move forward with the implementation of BC. Many thanks

By Mazen F

Aug 20, 2019

Very well designed course

By Rohit G

Aug 21, 2019

Wonderful insight on the financial services implication of Blockchain. Thanks Alex and Don for the wonderful walkthrough.

By Lorenzo M