Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

LK
Jun 24, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

JB
May 19, 2019

I liked the course content, even though i do not work - yet - with product. It gave me a good overview of what to expect in the near future, when i expect to be able to put the knowledge into action.

1076 - 1089 of 1,089 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Subin J

Dec 23, 2019

Its ok

By Jacqueline P

Nov 14, 2020

The lecturer is a bit of a scatter brain with concepts, going back and forth with concepts. I would rather clear dot-points on the power-points that explain the concepts in typed text words rather than long verbal descriptions with messy scribbling over slides that constantly come on and off the screen (just have the slide, actual key concepts written and then we can listen to you waffle on, i don't need to see you talking - I need to see the slide!).

The concepts are not at all difficult but when given in a disjointed manner and having to constantly refer to other topics is very annoying when they could have been presented in a more logical manner. I get the feeling the lecturer is more interested in himself talking and playing teacher (like my niece who likes to talk to her teddies and scribble on a whiteboard) than teaching the content.

By Neeraja V

May 25, 2021

Too much text, to much theory and lots of tools. Felt difficulty in following the course. Need to be so cautious. Exhaustive with too many videos and questions in the last. The Digital Transformation and Design thinking was awesome and i was able to follow. Customer centric and Digital product mgmt is very heavy to learn and follow and keep track on the concepts. Just pushing myself hard to understand since i paid for this course. But i was happy with Digital transformation and Design thinking.

By Kartik K

Jun 1, 2021

I don't mind his [Alex's] personal views; I do mind his baseless, just-said-like-that opinions. I don't mind his [Alex's] satirical comments; I do mind his constant mention of Resources section (I am not to be toggled between Videos and Resources AT ALL TIMES; it is to be a supplement and not a complement here!)

P.S. I was an aspiring Product Manager, but (sadly) now I am not. And so, Thank You for that!

By Thamer D

Mar 31, 2021

One of the worst Instructor's at all of my life, he can't focus and give the information easily, and he keeps using his pen drawing on the Screen. What's the benefit of the slides if he doesn't use the information on it probably. he display something and talking about something else!

Jan 18, 2021

realmente solo es teoría y herramientas aplicadas a producto, pero no hay casos prácticos ni contenido aplicable, probaré los demás cursos, seguro la especialización es mas completa

By Azra P

Apr 15, 2021

communication is too complex. Need to put the point across in simple sentences with simple easy-to-understand examples

By Larissa A

Aug 5, 2020

The course is not right to the point! Is needed to be more focused.

By Charlie A

May 17, 2021

its very hard to take noted

By Gloria

Oct 17, 2020

I'm sorry but I found the course really confused and confusing. There's no solid structure in explaining the topics, no method. No schema. Nothing. It's a mix of info. it's supposed to be an intermediate course, but you should have so many pre-requirements to understand topics and contents.

By Ben F

Mar 29, 2021

The Coursera UX coupled with the instructor's tendency to wander and the fact that the course didn't have a clear learning trajectory for each section made it incredibly difficult to follow.

By Marvin S

Jan 24, 2021

Sadly the course material was not presented in a vivid and practical way. Furthermore the test question were quite different from the materials in the course.

By Claudia H

Nov 24, 2020

Very poor quality, it´s really annoying this thing of writing on a screen all the time .

By ADEL S A A