Back to Innovating with the Business Model Canvas

Innovating with the Business Model Canvas, University of Virginia

About this Course

Have you ever gotten really excited about reading or writing a business plan? You might have started out excited, but I’m going to bet you didn’t stay that way. Let’s be honest- business plans are boring and mostly ignored. The beauty of the one-page Business Model Canvas is that it drives meaningful focus. It helps us organize our ideas and have better discussions by forcing specificity and bringing linkages between key business drivers to the foreground. Innovation requires one hand being very focused on a fundamental need or problem while the other hand quickly tests different solutions. For this, the Business Model Canvas is very innovation friendly: It's a lot easier to tweak the model and try things with something that's sitting on a single page In this course, you’ll learn key tools from the worlds of design thinking and Lean Startup to approach the Canvas with thoughtfulness, focus, and above all a test-driven approach to business model innovation....

By MK

Oct 11, 2018

It gave a very practical approach for establishing business models with clear understanding of each and every stage.

By DS

Feb 23, 2019

Very good . Probably need to extend a bit more the final 2 videos

By Lawrence Hartman

Feb 04, 2019

The venture design is a good way to prioritize what information you need to gather, how to distill it to actions. How to become efficient on learning if your great idea is a good business, if so preserver if not pivot to a new or modified idea. If you are required to write a traditional business plan you can use the canvas to fill in the most important sections of that plan with actual information from customers and not just speculation.

By Nelson Rodrigues Silva Jr

Jan 17, 2019

I thing that this course can make different to my new job, Thanks !!!

By Dr. Anilkumar Suthar

Dec 25, 2018

Very good details of various novelties in business canvas model

By Maryam Khaliq

Oct 11, 2018

By MUHAMMAD AHMER SARWAR

Aug 26, 2018

This course has provided me with a very detailed approach which I can surely use to initiate my start-up. I have fallen in love with this course so much that despite I have completed the course. I will keep on visiting these videos again and again to get insight on my start-up.

By Cristina Gomez

Jul 31, 2018

Great examples!

By Chretien Laurent

Jun 24, 2018

À vert praticable course.

By Kitano, Tuan-Anh Tran

May 02, 2018

Good course for someone know about BMC already; but want a different view.

By Rabi Jay

Apr 09, 2018

Good course, it helped me understand the link between various concepts such as customer focus, design thinking, agile, process improvement, product management and so on, apart from learning how to use the business canvas itself.