Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR
Sep 29, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB
Aug 15, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

1001 - 1025 of 1,028 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By EL B M

Apr 21, 2019

nice

By 唐红

Feb 24, 2017

Good

By Edwin F C S

May 5, 2019

Apr 25, 2016

g

By Baxan A

Dec 29, 2016

Thank you very much , it helped a lot. it was good to find a course like this, especially for me that Iam in a country that there is war , in here we fight against ISIS , and the situation is hard here to have courses and other things to be get better in what we want . so a huge thanks to you all.

By Nicole M

Feb 24, 2020

I was sort of disappointed in Penn quality course...seemed to simply revist/reinforce what I learned in HS

Mar 21, 2016

A bit informative than expected as per a Life science student. However brilliant for beginners.

By asifa w

Jan 12, 2017

it was a good experiance.

i got to revise things i learned before.

By Ritwik M

Jun 17, 2020

very less clinical, but good to learn basics (theoretically)

By 朱梓勤

Mar 28, 2016

Useful lesson for our live! However, it is quite difficult.

By Neetu G

Dec 10, 2016

GOO

By Giselda I B

Jul 16, 2020

I listened to the first four videos of Week 1. I expected some readings. I see that the only ones are the scripts of videos. Since the videos are made for face-to-face lessons, sometimes it is not possible to see the parts of the heart that the Professor is mentioning. Furthermore, the Professor does not provide the textbook that she mentions.

Thank you anyway.

Best regards.

By reine r r

Nov 7, 2017

the content was what i was looking for to update but i used other material sources to actually do it because the course delivery here was too conventional and therefore quite boring.

By Imelda A S

Mar 28, 2020

no se ingles y los archivos de lectura están en ingles,

By Adam M

Oct 11, 2017

Not really challenging, easy, solid basis.

By Erika k

Jul 17, 2020

the idea of a teacher teaching a class is horrible, people come to online courses to actually learn something, and the reasons public schools usually don't work is because you have a class, full of people, the teacher addressing them, (and here absolutely unashamed and looking directly into the camera even though shes teaching a class), and explaining all the material in a very low level way. is it really that hard to say something was 'activated' and not 'exited'? this isn't a dog, or a human, its a blood vessel or an electrical charge, they don't get exited, they are at least activated by some other source. i tried to learn, i really did, but the fact that the professor got herself to look like a barbie doll for the camera and the kids, even though it is evident what her true age is, all jumping around and trying to act young and carefree, calling the kids by nicknames, cracking jokes. ma'am, this is a university, ,not community college, please, get your act together accordingly.

By Raymond F

Nov 3, 2020

I don't want to be a nurse, I just wanted a basic understanding of my vital signs. This course is for someone who should be in nursing school. You will learn copious amounts of Latin that you will never use in your normal life.

I have completed many courses on Coursera, and this is the first time that I would NOT recommend taking this to anyone for any reason. If you are interested in this course, go to medical school.

By Randy C

May 25, 2016

The videos were unwatchable. Thank goodness for the transcripts.

You mean the amateurish/contrived/phony/staged question and answer type format?

!!! Exactly !!!

By Eileen A

Mar 21, 2017

Using text editor is awkward to read the doc.X files on a Mac . I have no idea what a SRT file is so I am not comfortable downloading a file of this type.

By Brian W

Oct 19, 2020

Unable to download a certificate, major PIA after completing course!!! Unable to contact anyone from coursera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By David F P S

Sep 22, 2016

La universidad me pide el certificado gratuito y no me lo dan por no pagar 50 Dolares