Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AB

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

1 - 25 of 570 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Dan

Dec 26, 2018

Fantastic course. Dr. Scanga is an excellent teacher and the slower-paced "in classroom" style with real students asking and answering questions was very effective. Also enjoyed the lab days and the interviews with other faculty. Quizzes were challenging and included case studies that really made you think. Every Coursera course should aspire to be like this one.

By Andrenna B

Jan 17, 2019

Excellent explanation!!

By Paula M

Jun 04, 2018

Format was not the best for communicating the information

By Emad A H

Dec 12, 2018

its a really wonderful course, i learned too many things from this course. Special thanks to all who help in this course.

Emad...from Ranya district, As Sulaymaniyah, Kurdistan, Iraq.

Assistant lecturer at Nursing college / university of Raparin

Bachelor degree in community health.

By Рашид

Dec 03, 2018

These are wonderful cours and wonderful teacher.

By Roberto S T

Jan 09, 2019

Great!!!

By rodrigo v p

Jan 10, 2019

excelent course!

By Nitya R

Dec 30, 2018

What a brilliant and eye opening course! I think my favorite part was that the videos were shot it the classroom, making you feel like a part of the class. It's a bit difficult to stick to at first (because of the amount of content), but once you do, you will understand the body so much better! Thank you so much Dr. Scanga!

By Lloyd J C

Dec 28, 2018

Excellent teaching and presentation of difficult concepts.

By Karan A

Jan 13, 2019

Really helpful, cheers

By Jesús A N L

Dec 31, 2018

Excelente curso, les recomiendo a todos tomarlo !!!

By Chia H

Jan 01, 2019

Great and valuable information and lesson.

By Paola M G

Jan 02, 2019

very helpful, I learned a lot

By Christmar D Q L

Jan 02, 2019

Really great course!!

By Pareshkumar N C

Jan 18, 2019

EASY TEACHING METHOD

By Mikayla D

Jan 26, 2019

Very helpful pre nursing degree

By Jose T

Feb 24, 2019

Professor Connie B. Scanga is an excellent teacher; she makes me really understand what is happening in my own body. I recommend taking this course or any course she teaches.

By NIMRA M

Feb 24, 2019

amazing

By José E S Z

Mar 22, 2019

Excelente curso, mi agradecimiento para los profesores y para todos los que hacen posible este curso, que Dios los bendiga

By Mohammad A

Mar 02, 2019

it was realy a nice experiance i am so glad that i was able to get this course and so thankfull

By Wilhelm W

Mar 01, 2019

Great course! I very much liked this concept where students where involved in the class

By Ernest E

Mar 27, 2019

This course has been really helpful. i learned so much and it has improved my knowledge in aspects relating to the heart.

By LENKA G

Feb 07, 2019

loved all the information and speed of the course