Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us, University of Pennsylvania

About this Course

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

By BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

By TB

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

514 Reviews

By Kristina Calhoun

Apr 23, 2019

Great teacher!! The material was easy to follow and learn.. Absolutely loved this class!

By EL Bellaoui Mohamed

Apr 21, 2019

nice

By Ahmed Aboelyazied Taha Aamer

Apr 20, 2019

that is the best course about vital signs.

By Victor Andrade Berrones

Apr 19, 2019

Excellent

By Lida Kartoshkina

Apr 18, 2019

I'm so glad I've found this course! It is interesting and helpful. Dr. Scanga is the best teacher anyone could wish for. Thank you!

By Bryan Alberto Vanegas Cortes

Apr 18, 2019

Excelente curso, me permitió profundizar en conocimientos previos acerca de los signos vitales y a su vez mejorar mis técnicas de valoración en la práctica.

By mauricio fernandes linares

Apr 14, 2019

Great.

By Simon Shahin

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks a lot, Dr. Connie; the course has been very informative and mind-opening--it has also whetted my appetite to learn more about the topic. You're the best, indeed!

Thanks and best of regards in your endeavours!

By Gavin Saunders

Apr 12, 2019

A really good course, nicely paced and with good explanations of the topics covered. The lecture format, with real students asking questions which prompted explanations, was nice. Thanks for running this.

By karen mazzarella

Apr 09, 2019

Course was interesting and informative. Instruction was outstanding! All weekly lessons gave me insight into our medical community with some understanding of their world. Thank you!