Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AB

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

126 - 150 of 569 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By LOKHA R A B

Apr 01, 2017

Nice course. Very interactive and helpful.

By habib i

Aug 11, 2016

very helpful

By Eman H H

Oct 15, 2017

Dr Connie I can't be more grateful and blessed with this course and having your class you are one of the rarest professors who can give the complicated information in the simplest way I really interested every single moment in this course it was very informative and beneficial thank you and thaks for coursera to give me such an experience.

By Daniel S

Jul 13, 2016

Absolutely LOVE THIS! AMAZING

By Simoni S

Jul 20, 2017

I am a Physical Therapist, so it was really good to review some subjects.

By Saqiba R

Nov 14, 2016

its my first ever online course work. i am very glad to join this forum and writing review, a very detailed and informative course it was plus i also appreciate the discussion question answers with such a detailed explainations by mentors. looking forward for more worthy courses to polish my skills and enhance my knowledge.

By Lillian L

Sep 13, 2017

This course really gave me a great overview of the human body and the things which happen within it every day. It was easy to understand and perfect for someone like me who hadn't had much previous knowledge of the human body.

By Nadia S

Aug 22, 2017

A very useful, informative and educational course. Dr. Scanga exceptional teaching skills eased the understanding of complex process and made the course interesting. I hope she provides us with many more courses like this.

By Viktor D

Mar 04, 2017

It's was my first course on Coursera and I can't compare it, but it certainly put the bar quite high - it was easy to follow, the structure and length of lessons/videos was perfect for people who work in different field, but want to broaden their knowledge of medicine. Quiz at the end of each video and week is a good way to review and remember at least something from the course.

By Alice M K

Feb 18, 2017

I loved it! It took me a week to complete!

By IndRi P

May 22, 2017

Dr.Scanga explained the material very well for general audiences. It is really helpful for me (an electrical engineering researcher) to get a much better understanding about the vital signs of human body.

By Lekh P

Dec 20, 2017

amazing course and helped me a lot

By 成美怡

Feb 25, 2018

I'd like to recommand this course to you , especially you're in learning interrelated courses like Physiology , Anatomy or Diagnostics. It can give you a concise concept of some vital signs, so that giving a understangding of body strctures and helping you konw relevant clinical knowledge .

By Santiago P

Aug 02, 2017

Two words to describe this course: Amazing and Useful. It will help you a lot.

By Jacob W

Feb 07, 2017

I originally enrolled in this course as a refresher and in the end I not only relearned key information but also information that I never received prior.

By Aymen b

Jun 08, 2017

Excellent for begginner

By Bradley L K

May 25, 2017

Enjoyable. Easy to follow and understand. Dr Scanga presents in a comfortable and well paced fashion the material and ideas. Great information and overview of a few of the major systems of the human body, how they function and how we can assess their state. Nice job.

By Nicolás A

Jun 26, 2017

Excellent

By Thanh N L

Aug 25, 2017

Thanks to this course, I have understood considerably more about our bodies. It's really intereting to discovery our simple daily activities interpreted from scientific or medical view. Thanks a lot you all, professionals (for your teaching) as well as students (for your questions).

By Duy V

Jul 12, 2017

it has manythings about anatomy and phisiology so you can understand about medicien.

By Nimra T

Nov 25, 2017

Fascinating

By Ibrahim S H M

Oct 15, 2017

Excellent

By Joseph A C

Oct 19, 2017

Si je n'ai pas de carte de crédit comment je peux payée

By Nikki

Jan 29, 2018

This course was very interesting and perfectly pitched for someone who has studied biology at school. The videos were succinct, relevant and functional which made the course achievable alongside a full-time job. I love learning about medicine and this course has encouraged me to seek out further opportunities to carry out study in this area. I really enjoyed taking the course and I will no doubt go over it again to refresh my knowledge at some point soon. Thank you for making it :-)!

By Vivek J