Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AB

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

151 - 175 of 570 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Linus A

Jun 24, 2017

I had a great time. Learned many things that I would have never learned had I not done this course. Dr. Scanga is a very very good instructor. Thanks a lot.

By Bella N

Jan 10, 2018

like this course. thx

By Aly S

Nov 27, 2016

thanks alot dr. Scanga ♥

By Lawzha L

Dec 31, 2016

It was a really fun course to take and contained great information!

By Wiser W

Feb 18, 2017

Well planned and delivered. Excellent!

By Kristen M R

Dec 08, 2016

This course goes at an easy pace and takes the time to really explain the concepts. The outline provided follows the lecture perfectly and allows for easy note taking. The videos are broken into short segments that make it easy to stay focused and watch whenever I have a free moment. I love that I do not have to sit and watch a 1.5hr lecture. With my career, there is no way I would have the time. Excellent course!!

By Andrés M G O

Aug 17, 2016

it´s wonderfull, congratulations to Mrs Scanga.

By Ali A

Aug 11, 2016

very helpful

By Eman H H

Oct 15, 2017

Dr Connie I can't be more grateful and blessed with this course and having your class you are one of the rarest professors who can give the complicated information in the simplest way I really interested every single moment in this course it was very informative and beneficial thank you and thaks for coursera to give me such an experience.

By Alexandra T B

May 27, 2017

Great introductory course!

By Dennis V

Feb 13, 2017

I learned so much in this course! I found parts of it to be quite challenging, which is a very good thing. Thanks to all involved for an excellent course.

By S.Badrinaryanan

Jul 02, 2017

It was explained in a manner that could be easily visualized and comprehended. Thank you Dr.Connie Scanga

By Daniel W

Sep 04, 2017

Clear, helpful professor, although pace can be a bit slow at times (you can just set the speed higher). The tests assess your knowledge well, and you get a good understanding of your vital signs. Overall, great course!

By Stacey K

May 02, 2017

great introductory course, loved the demonstrations and interviews

By Andy

Jul 24, 2017

Very interesting and well explained course.

By 전영우

Oct 09, 2016

A great chance to review the basics of vital signs. Recommended for those who need to study

By Anastasia O

Mar 05, 2017

The course lets you know the common infornation about different anatomy system. It is quite easy to understand the processes and I waited for the each next lecture very much. Thanks to the course developers and production team!

By Lulu H

Jul 27, 2016

Incredible professor, perfect pace, very educational! Best online course I've ever come across. Thank you!

By amal a a

Oct 12, 2016

I want my certificate that i finished the course

By Lïbræ D

Mar 21, 2017

As a young 19 years Old, who didn't remember anything about the heart i am definitely understanding and knowing more about the heart than i ever thought i could the teacher is a master at what she is doing, she understands her class and its never boring....BRAVO to the lecturer

By Kuanbayev Y Y

Oct 14, 2016

I think this course is good opportunity to get the knowledge of the clinical Basics...

By Lisa M

Oct 13, 2016

I learned a lot about Vital Sign I never knew!!!

By Gintare V