Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AB

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

151 - 175 of 809 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Claudia O M

Jun 01, 2020

En estas seis semanas he aprendido muchísimas cosas, los vídeos explicativos son realmente útiles, y la información se queda al instante gracias a las lecturas y demostraciones. 100% recomendado.

By Mya S

May 09, 2020

Absolutely amazing course! I recommend it to anyone who is interested in basic Anatomy and wants to learn more! Totally great for beginners. Dr. Scanga is a great professor - I highly recommend!

By Berenice J S V

Mar 14, 2017

Best teacher ever, wish she had another course! Clear and easy to understand and when realized, she had introduced all important terms and made clear examples... Forums questions are responded.

By kyaw t

Apr 02, 2020

Professor Connie was very clear, precise and informative in her approach to teaching students about the basics of vital signs. I hope she would continue to teach many more classes on coursera.

By Annamarie T

May 23, 2020

This was a great course! I decided to take it during the pandemic to pass the time. I am a former bio/pre med major, turned stay at home mom and it was a great reminder that I am still smart!

By Mostafa M E

Aug 28, 2017

it was amazing experience to take this course the best part was the demos that taught me a lot. the teaching method and professors were amazing keep the hard working and keep enlighten people

By Brynn L

Apr 20, 2020

My friend and I did this course during the quarantine and loved it! It was a great use of our time and provided such detailed information that we will remember till we get to medical school!

By Juan E P R

Nov 21, 2017

Excellent course. Here I could learn a lot of information about the vital signs I did not know. Great explanations, and also a academic environment for making you feel like if you are there.

By Maria S

Apr 06, 2020

Excellent course. Very well structured material, resonabled paced, good presentation and student interaction during presentations. Useful guest/specialist feed back in application sessions.

By Maha A

Oct 12, 2019

It is really helpful , and Dr. Scanga ease the hard topics and she has a very interesting way made me wish to be in her class , thank you for the opportunity you gave to me by this course.

By Arielle F

Nov 21, 2016

Great course! Taught me a lot about how the body works as a system. The material can get complicated, but it's presented in a comprehensible and accessible way.

Super useful and interesting!

By Paul M

Mar 10, 2017

I really enjoyed participating in the vital signs course. It was a nice review of skills and additionally it provided me with another perspective for my approach as a healthcare provider.

By Sia S

It was so fun learning about the vital signs and what they mean. I am a beginner and have never learned about the body in such detail. It was an amazing source in which I learned so much.

By Janet T

Aug 17, 2017

excellent course. I have tried to submit information to get my certificate but nothing seems to work. Since I paid for the course can I at least get what my final grade was. thank you!

By Nguyễn T N Á

Nov 03, 2019

I have just finished this amazing course, it really helps me to understand deeply about vital signs, so I can adapt them accurately to my patients. Thank you for providing this course.

By karen m

Apr 09, 2019

Course was interesting and informative. Instruction was outstanding! All weekly lessons gave me insight into our medical community with some understanding of their world. Thank you!

By Keerthana A

May 06, 2020

Amazing experience.Learnt a lot precisely.Dr .Scanga is one of the best professors ever.The way she explains is just fab.And the notes are also very clear.Best courses ever.Thank you.

By Olga Q

Jan 03, 2018

I do love this course, it contribute a lot to my knowledge and also help me to understand better with real examples. Thanks a lot. I hope to be able to take the next ones to come.

By Erin-Michelle L

Mar 11, 2019

It was an excellent intro to physiology grounded in practice, with great labs and case studies that forced you to think of patients and their health in meaningful and useful ways.

By Lyubov V

Sep 12, 2018

Thank You very much for this course. I have learned much about functions of human body and refreshed my knowledge. The course structure is great and Doctor Scanga is wonderful!

By Luis E

Jul 23, 2017

Great course. I already have a very good comprehension of the body functions and I think I am better prepared to understand, assess and decide what to do next with vital signs.

By ARYAN R

Apr 17, 2020

The course was extremely helpful and very well explained courses by Dr. Scangs and the crew. Very well put together in all. I wish there were more courses on similar lines...

By Jose T

Feb 24, 2019

Professor Connie B. Scanga is an excellent teacher; she makes me really understand what is happening in my own body. I recommend taking this course or any course she teaches.