Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

151 - 175 of 1,004 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Biandri J

I did this course for my own self-development - I have a background in law and no prior experience in any medical-related courses. This was user friendly and I found the balance between challenging and understandable to be good.

By Marya

Aug 31, 2019

Very informative and interesting course! Things are explained easily, so that yoou can understand and learn everything. The work of the professors that took part in the course is amazing. Great six-week module, that was awesome!

By Anastasia O

Mar 05, 2017

The course lets you know the common infornation about different anatomy system. It is quite easy to understand the processes and I waited for the each next lecture very much. Thanks to the course developers and production team!

By Jampa C

Jul 13, 2020

thank you very much for adding this vital signs topic in the courser. It is very helpful and gave me very good understanding of the Vital Signs. Thank you Dr. Scanga for your great Explanation of all the topics in vital signs.

By Kimberly W

Jan 11, 2020

Dr. Scanga,

Wow, you are totally amazing! I finished the course in one week because I was learning so much I could not wait for the next video.

I was thinking about how interesting it would be to include a module on hot flashes.

By Lillian L

Sep 13, 2017

This course really gave me a great overview of the human body and the things which happen within it every day. It was easy to understand and perfect for someone like me who hadn't had much previous knowledge of the human body.

By Atefeh

Jun 30, 2020

Great course. My biology instructor recommended to us to take this course. This course was very interesting. I really enjoyed every minute I watched from start to finish. At last, well organized and well presented. Thank you

By Nada A I

Nov 04, 2019

The course material was extremely interesting. Dr. Scanga did a great job by turning a complex content into exciting and easy to understand material.Having a sense of humor did certainly boost the enjoyability of the class.

By Abhijeet S

Jul 23, 2020

It was a nice experience for me...I am able to revised all the topics which I have completed in my high school (11th standard) ....Now I have learned how to use these knowledge in my upcoming journey in the medical world...

By Wayne H

Jun 19, 2020

I really enjoyed the instruction from Connie B. Scanga, PhD. This is the first online class I have taken in years and I thought the set up was great, the tone was engaging and I feel the information was retained. Thank you!

By Joanna P

Great course! I was able to extend my knowledge on the topics I thought I already have covered on my nursing classes. Thank you Dr. Scanga! It was pleasure to listen to your classes and hope to attend more of your lectures.

By Miranda J W

Jan 29, 2018

This course is a introduction into the vital signs with anatomy and physiological explanations. This course was informative and provided some cool insights that I had not previously considered. I really enjoyed this course!

By RAYZA D S M

Nov 15, 2018

Wonderful course. The content was passed in a thorough and competent way. The professionals have didactics and passion for what they teach. Time flew while I was learning. Extremely interesting. I recommend it to everyone.

By SHIVANSH P

Jun 12, 2018

In this course students are provided with excellent lectures and asignments which really help understand concepts related to vital signs of the body. A really good course for students interested in medicine and healthcare.

By Nadia s

Aug 22, 2017

A very useful, informative and educational course. Dr. Scanga exceptional teaching skills eased the understanding of complex process and made the course interesting. I hope she provides us with many more courses like this.

By Theresa R

Apr 29, 2017

Great Course! I really learned a lot. The lectures are very easy to understand and follow. I do hope they will have some follow up courses. I have learned so much about detecting, recognizing and interpreting vital signs.

By Daniel W

Sep 04, 2017

Clear, helpful professor, although pace can be a bit slow at times (you can just set the speed higher). The tests assess your knowledge well, and you get a good understanding of your vital signs. Overall, great course!

By Anastasiia P

Mar 06, 2017

This is an example of how complex medical topics can be explained easily and understandably. The practical reference is of vast importance, while problems given in quizzes make one think thoroughly on the topic passed.

By Haris K

Jan 23, 2020

I truly appreciate the staff of the course and the administration of University of Pennsylvania for bringing such an important course for the learners. I highly recommend this course to every health care professional.

By Vicki R W

Dr. Scanga is an excellent and brilliant educator. I finished the course feeling eager to come out of retirement to assess patients' vital signs, EKGs, and pain with my refreshed/newfound knowledge.

Vicki Werner, RN

By Castro H S I

Sep 23, 2019

Es un curso muy completo respecto a signos vitales, y ademas hay datos muy curiosos de los mismos, la profesora realmente es muy buena y se da a entender claramente todo lo que explica. Me gusto bastante. ¡Gracias!

By Simon S

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks a lot, Dr. Connie; the course has been very informative and mind-opening--it has also whetted my appetite to learn more about the topic. You're the best, indeed!

Thanks and best of regards in your endeavours!

By Gerard M

Oct 04, 2019

After 15 years of experience in EMS and pre-hospital patient care, there was new information that I learned from taking this course. The professor was an expert in their field, and I enjoyed the course very much.

By Aamena A

I thoroughly enjoyed Dr. Scanga's classes. I have known these things before but never have I learned these basics in such a wonderful way. If you're a med-student then I would definitely suggest you this course.

By Sara F

May 05, 2020

This was a very enjoyable course!! The only issues I ran into were a product of the terrible WiFi at my house. I love how thorough the lecture outlines were and how the quizzes were structured. Highly recommend!