Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AB

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

51 - 75 of 570 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By María C S L

Jul 22, 2018

Excelente curso, solo que la información es un poco básica. Seria bueno que se metiera un poco mas a la relación con patologías.

By Vera C D

Sep 01, 2018

I found this course to be very important in recognizing the vital signs and how to respond to them to take the necessary precautions to assist in possibly avoiding unnecessary death.

Thank You to All of the instructors.

Vera C Dillard

By Sam B T

Aug 27, 2018

Fantastic course

By Kinga S

Oct 16, 2018

Great course, very informative and comprehensive.

By Balaji S

Oct 17, 2018

i learned many thing in this course with lots of knowledge. Thank you for this wonderful course and many doubt has clarified in this course.

By Lyubov V

Sep 12, 2018

Thank You very much for this course. I have learned much about functions of human body and refreshed my knowledge. The course structure is great and Doctor Scanga is wonderful!

By Arlin G

Sep 16, 2018

Hi,

I am Arlin George, I would like to thank you for giving such a wonderful course.

By Antony M

Sep 17, 2018

Dr. Scanga's lectures were delivered with deliberation, naturalness, and friendliness..

Two experts were also inducted bringing in variety and different outlook. It was a fascinating journey and the students in her class looked really earnest and motivated. Thanks a lot for giving me and many others the opportunity of listening to such eminent teachers from Penn.

A G Maxwell

By Sergio A C V

Sep 22, 2018

It's one of the best courses to get an overview of some of the systems in the body. And also helped me to reinforce my willing of studying medicine.

By Rashedha C

Oct 22, 2018

very useful for basic learners

By Mubeena

Oct 22, 2018

it is an excellent course i have ever taken. thank you for such an amazing course.

By Iuliia C

Oct 24, 2018

Connie B. Scanga is the best lector! Thank yo very much. Also I really appreciate you practice demonstration.

By Alejandro A S C

Nov 02, 2018

Una buena revisión de los principales signos vitales y sus características, buen material audiovisual, videos de laboratorios y sus escritos de igual forma.

By Lisiane S

Aug 28, 2018

The course is great for students and also to review anatomy, physiology and vital signs.

I highly recommend these course.

By Claudia A

Aug 29, 2018

Dr. Scanga explains with an easy-understanding and well-detailed information and examples. Looking forward for another course from her!

By Tércio A d R B

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

By Angela C

Aug 18, 2018

Falta un poco la variación en cuánto a terminología médica.

By Sandro Z d C

Nov 06, 2018

Excelente curso. Agradeço muito à professora Connie e seus colaboradores. Sentirei falta de todos. Muito Obrigado.

By Antonio H

Jul 16, 2018

I enjoyed the course taught me a lot to apply to my medical aspirations.

By Zahra M

Dec 12, 2016

My special thank to Dr. Scanga and her team for this wonderful course!

By Anari E D

Sep 20, 2016

Lots of information. Interesting course.

By Niranjana B

Feb 18, 2018

The Course Contents were really good and appropriate to understand for the distant / web learning. The Mentor was a really good person who knows how to take the sessions without glitches. Recommend this to the learning enthusiasts of their body !

By Erica I M

Jun 21, 2018

Very informative and organized in a manageable way making it easier to understand the content. Enjoyed the course and the format presented very much.

By Ahmad N