Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

76 - 100 of 568 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Zheer M

Sep 01, 2017

Haf fun. Learned a lot. Love Dr. Scanga.

By Ahmad N

Mar 03, 2016

Good Job All :)

By David S

Jun 28, 2016

Great course. I took it for fun rather than for career purposes and thought it was terrific. This was my first Coursera course and I was impressed by the logistics and organization. The professor, Dr. Scanga, was extremely knowledgeable and a very effective presenter of complex topics. The quizzes were appropriately challenging.

By Jesús E O M

Aug 05, 2016

Excellent course

By Wiser W

Feb 18, 2017

Well planned and delivered. Excellent!

By Kristen M R

Dec 08, 2016

This course goes at an easy pace and takes the time to really explain the concepts. The outline provided follows the lecture perfectly and allows for easy note taking. The videos are broken into short segments that make it easy to stay focused and watch whenever I have a free moment. I love that I do not have to sit and watch a 1.5hr lecture. With my career, there is no way I would have the time. Excellent course!!

By Andrés M G O

Aug 17, 2016

it´s wonderfull, congratulations to Mrs Scanga.

By Harry C

Nov 12, 2016

Amazing Course - well detailed and thorough. Ideal for beginners.

By Alana S O

Sep 26, 2017

Excellent course!

By aditya s h

Jun 11, 2017

very nice dr connie...liked the efforts and contents

By Miranda J W

Jan 29, 2018

This course is a introduction into the vital signs with anatomy and physiological explanations. This course was informative and provided some cool insights that I had not previously considered. I really enjoyed this course!

By Natouchka M F

Apr 22, 2016

Excellent

By David Y

Nov 10, 2016

Enjoyed every minute. Very informative.

By John J

Mar 04, 2017

Pretty Good & very useful!

By Maria L

Dec 13, 2016

Really nice work.Very helpful

By Maria J A

Apr 19, 2016

Excelente curso. Todo el contenido fue muy claro y útil para repasar o incluso para iniciarse en el tema.

By RITESH G

Mar 28, 2016

Thank you. I had a great time relearning the basics and fundamentals again.

By Victoria P B

Feb 18, 2017

It was such an amazing course! It was incredibly straight forward and understandable.

I highly recommend this course to anyone.

By Mila R

Feb 28, 2017

Very well organized and explained content.

By shreeniwas k

Jul 24, 2017

Its is very much helpful.

By Catherine M

Nov 08, 2016

Dr. Scanga is a delightful and very skilled instructor who takes the very complicated subject of the human body and makes it interesting and understandable for all levels. I would welcome another course such as this to continue the fascinating topic of exploring the human body. Thank you, Dr. Scanga.

By Lian P

Mar 24, 2016

This course is perfect for those who do not have a background knowlegde of human anatomy. The demonstration is clear, and teacher's speech is at a right speed which allows even non-native english speakers , like myself, to fully understand and react to the content. The form of the course is wisely chosen, real students are included and there are Q&As with them, i can pause and answer the questions myself and see if i get it right. this is much more interesting than just listening to a lecture in which the teacher speaks into the camera. Thank you Dr. Scanga for such a good course. I Will catch up the the pace.

By Frank S

Nov 20, 2017

Learned a lot. Excellent are the content organized and the instructors.

By Juan G C M

Apr 22, 2016

Estoy aprendiendo mucho. Se los agradezco de corazón. Un fuerte abrazo.

By Pierre J

Apr 01, 2017

It's so very instructive. Thank you so much.