Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

JA

Oct 11, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. It looked at vital signs in a really different view from the traditional ways of looking at it and it was really informative. The practical sessions too were great. Nice!

226 - 250 of 994 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Wen G

Jul 28, 2019

This is the best course of all that I have binged on Coursera. The professor and teaching staff are both excellent teachers. Highly recommended for general learning.

By Cobus v N

Feb 05, 2018

It goes in to the exact kind of detail I wanted to and is thorough, well presented and well executed by a team of professionals, thank you for this wonderful course.

Jan 13, 2018

The teaching was very clear, step-wise, and thorough. The demonstrations were interesting and on topic. I would be interested in other courses from this instructor.

By Igor M

Oct 05, 2019

Technically well done. Course is for beginners - if you read anything about human body and how it works, then this probably isn't for you ;) Quizzes are enjoyable.

By Simran S

Jun 29, 2020

LOVED THIS COURSE, DR.SCANGA HAS EXPLAINED EACH AND EVERY ASPECT BEAUTIFULLY. THE LECTURES AT THE SIM LAB WERE VERY USEFUL TOO. THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING COURSE.

By Tim T

Very well laid out and easy to follow using a classroom setting. Also found the mini multiple choice sections at the end of each session where very helpfully too.

By Sharon C Q F

I had so much knowledge with this course. It´s really incredible and Dr. Scanga is an absolutely great teacher. You definitely learn a lot with her in this course

By David A N

May 22, 2020

I very much enjoyed the course and learned a great deal. It was set forth in a way that I could employ my best approach, a rapid consumption of the information.

By ymt

Sep 20, 2019

Detail explanation in anatomy of body system related to vital signs. Demonstration helps to have more clear picture in how to assess and provide care to patient.

By Owusu A S

Dec 01, 2016

I love this program, it has really enlightened me in the aspect of vital signs. I recommend it for everyone who wish to know what his/her body is telling him/her

By Candice H

Oct 15, 2020

Very clear delivery, this course provides crisp and easy to understand methods of intense and complex information about Bodily Functions and Anatomy/Physiology.

By Hasti z

Jul 06, 2020

This course has helped me boost my knowledge about the body and what it tells us .

the quality of the course was great and everything was so organized . thanks

By Pei-Hsuan L

Jun 08, 2020

Professor Scanga together with her colleagues were exceptional instructors who knew how to lay the foundation for their students ! I really enjoyed her class !

By Dayna A R D

Jan 27, 2020

The course is really useful. it's amazing the models that the professor implements, I loved the lab practices and the explanations. I really enjoy this course.

By Natarajan D

Sep 06, 2017

A must for everybody . A general understanding of how the body functions and how to interpret vital signs is very important for daily life . Excellently taught

By Elisa R

Jul 06, 2020

Wonderful course! thoroughly enjoyed the instructor and the break down of information. I learned a lot and it all felt manageable. Highly recommend taking it.

By Anastasia K

This teacher is amazing, I really enjoyed the "live classroom" setting. The material was very informative and helpful for the current program I'm enrolled in.

By Elisa

Aug 27, 2017

Excellente pédagogie !

Les ressources d'apprentissage sont très complètes, pratiques et aident efficacement à intégrer les notions vues durant les leçons.

Merci

By Anne M F

Jun 05, 2020

Excellent course! It has greatly improved my understanding of the body's vital signs, which will help me in my career as an emerging healthcare professional.

By Cristina M

Vital Signs is an eye opening and interesting course which I recommend for anyone interested in the functioning of the body and the overall health of people.

By Roberto B

Mar 29, 2016

I have just finished attending the first week and it is amazingly explained! Congratulations to the tutors! I look forward to watching the following lessons!

By Bal W

Sep 14, 2020

really powerful course that includes all the essential contents which needed by all level of the nursing students as well as nursing professional. Thank you

By Sheryl M

Fabulous course. I really related to Dr. Scanga and her students. Learned a lot and enjoyed every video and quiz. I would take more courses with Dr. Scanga.