Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AN

May 09, 2020

I have learned a lot of things from this course. This course disclosed innumerable mysteries of human body that I didn't know earlier. I really enjoyed this course. Thanks for this wonderful content.

226 - 250 of 812 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Adewale H M

Aug 27, 2017

Course material and content are detailed and on point.

Great learning tool for student nurses and will be a good refresher for experienced nurses.

By Gayle M

Apr 29, 2020

Dr. Scanga was delightful! I appreciated her expertise and the way she approached her way of teaching, very inclusive to the learner. Thank you!

By Alhanouf A

Feb 03, 2018

As a senior medical student, this course was really important in helping me interpret vital signs and review some basic physiological concepts.

By Maureen T

Sep 17, 2016

Well organized and well presented. I felt that I had learnt a lot in this course, it was exactly as described and easy to fit into my schedule.

By Aqil A

Nov 21, 2019

it was the good online resource for the students to study their interesting subject

at last i am very thanks to coursera team for this content

By Sultanmuradov I

Jan 31, 2019

I d Like to say many thanks for the great experience to all teaching stuff. Es[ecially to Dr.Scanga!

Wish Your team great success to good luck!

By Sinem S

Jun 19, 2018

i feel thankful about this course. vital signs examination is the most important part in physical examination. I updated my health information

By Pranav Y

Nov 14, 2017

Coming from a engineering background, this course gave a lot of insight into my own human body. #vital_things_to_know_about_yourself_literally

By jasmyn l

great for students & professionals. Gives a deeper understanding & explaining to what's going on and allows us to teach our patients as well!

By LUIZ N S F

Oct 04, 2019

Muito bom. A mesclagem de informações facilita a compreensão entre os sistemas e as reações internas e externas ocorridas no organismo humano

By Therese M M A

Apr 21, 2020

I love how Dr. Scangga discussed the topics and how each lessons are delivered that is in slow understandable manner to a student.

thank you.

By Alfred I

Nov 14, 2018

Very nice balance of the functional clinical information and the physiology behind the data. Delivered in a pleasant and interesting format.

By Balaji S

Oct 17, 2018

i learned many thing in this course with lots of knowledge. Thank you for this wonderful course and many doubt has clarified in this course.

By YU T

Apr 30, 2020

This is an amazing course! Thank you so much for giving me this opportunities to learned so much about vital signs! I really appreciate it~

By Anthony V

Jun 24, 2017

Very informative course on every vitals taken in any medical setting. I'm glad I've taken this course. The course was very straightforward!

By Susan H

May 30, 2017

Have really enjoyed this course and how it was presented. Dr. Scanga is fantastic and patient in her explanations of each topic. Thank you!

By Gregg I

Apr 27, 2017

Excellent introduction with just enough information to give you a general idea of what is going on within your body and how it is assessed.

By Sodhiqa F

Sep 14, 2017

Thank you so much for providing this course. This course helped me a lot. I got lots of new information. Hope this would help in my future

By Suzanne L

Apr 27, 2020

Very good course. Much more detail then I expected. Very helpful information for someone who hasn't been in a classroom for a long time.

By Narain M

Jul 23, 2017

This is really an amazing introductory course in order to understand the basics of vital signs and how they are physiologically related.

By Andrij S

May 13, 2019

вельми цікавий курс, дізнався багато нового про своє тіло, дякую!

very interesting, learned lot of new things about my body, thank you!

By Claudia A

Aug 29, 2018

Dr. Scanga explains with an easy-understanding and well-detailed information and examples. Looking forward for another course from her!

By Michael S

Sep 24, 2016

I took this course as a refresher and it served that purpose very well. I would like to see a specialization in this area. Nice course!

By Emma F

Mar 19, 2017

So informative and isn't boring at all. I like how it's set up like a classroom and there are lots of demonstrations for each lecture.

By Alda A d C

Dec 29, 2016

Muito bom, muito abrangente e ao mesmo tempo muito especifico. Os conteúdos são facilmente apreendidos devido à clareza da informação.