Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

226 - 250 of 577 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Mahmoud F

Sep 04, 2017

great course . very professional and educational

By Mostafa M E

Aug 28, 2017

it was amazing experience to take this course the best part was the demos that taught me a lot. the teaching method and professors were amazing keep the hard working and keep enlighten people

By Ali S O

Sep 18, 2017

It is an excellent course that helps you understand the basics of the vital signs physiology, anatomy and clinical application.

By Andrei H

Feb 28, 2017

This course was probably the hardest to learn mentally. Took a lot of research and time into it t actually pass it. Though I did learn a good portion. I loved the lesson about pain knowing what what types of pain their are and how the nerves senses them.

By Ahmed M

Aug 25, 2017

It was a great experience & I had a lot of fun & knowledge during the course

By sara m r

Mar 20, 2017

It is a good course

By matheusfritzen2@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2017

Very good course

By Vijaya C

Jul 24, 2017

The basic concepts about vital signs were explained very well. The session which i enjoyed the most was about the one on pain. I would recommend this course to all medical care professionals and students.

By Anastasiia P

Mar 06, 2017

This is an example of how complex medical topics can be explained easily and understandably. The practical reference is of vast importance, while problems given in quizzes make one think thoroughly on the topic passed.

By Sodhiqa F

Sep 14, 2017

Thank you so much for providing this course. This course helped me a lot. I got lots of new information. Hope this would help in my future

By Martina

Jul 19, 2018

very good teacher!

By Arya B

Jul 18, 2018

Amazing program

By María C S L

Jul 22, 2018

Excelente curso, solo que la información es un poco básica. Seria bueno que se metiera un poco mas a la relación con patologías.

By Amanda V

Mar 16, 2018

Loved it!

By Leigh-Ann S

Mar 14, 2017

Great course for people who are interested in getting deeper into how the body works. Seeing as some courses tend to be quite easy on here, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself challenged every lesson. Furthermore, everything is impeccably structured and pedagogically designed to enhance learning. It's simply a great course. TAKE IT! You'll come away with a sense of achievement!

By Yawen Y

Dec 01, 2017

Thanks a lot!! Amazing course, helps me so such!

By Natarajan D

Sep 06, 2017

A must for everybody . A general understanding of how the body functions and how to interpret vital signs is very important for daily life . Excellently taught

By Jorge E G D L

Nov 03, 2017

So recommended! Excellent material, very clear and useful.

By Sunil A

Oct 08, 2016

Excellent primer on vital signs. Recommend it strongly

By Suneeta B

Oct 15, 2016

Excellent course to start understanding how to read what our vital signs are telling us. Dr Scanga's teaching style is very relaxed, illustrative and she keeps engagement level high by asking questions in between lectures. I love the transcripts of Coursera Courses that follow with the lecture, highlighting the sentence the speaker is saying currently. It enables me to follow lectures more closely. Also, it's really cool to click on any sentence and the lecture begins with that sentence. Thankyou!

By ARFAN A S

Feb 26, 2018

g

o

o

d

By Tatiana N L K

Sep 22, 2016

It was a very didatic course with a global view about vital signs. I surely will recommend. Congratulations to Dr Scanga and all the collaborators.

By HG

Nov 21, 2016

A great quick introduction. Must attend for every human being!

By Shirley D B J

May 01, 2017

It was a wonderful study, a very informative and a beneficial course. Dr. Scanga who taught this course is an amazing teacher. She has made many of the complexities of the course into simpler segments and explanations in a way that anybody could understand. Hats-off to her ! I would highly recommend this course to my friends who are medical professionals especially beginners. Thank you !

By Sherihan A D

May 03, 2017

It was an exciting and amazing course