Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AB

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

201 - 225 of 569 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Adewale H M

Aug 27, 2017

Course material and content are detailed and on point.

Great learning tool for student nurses and will be a good refresher for experienced nurses.

By Janet T

Aug 17, 2017

excellent course. I have tried to submit information to get my certificate but nothing seems to work. Since I paid for the course can I at least get what my final grade was. thank you!

By Durgadas K

Feb 04, 2018

The course was very well structured, covered a lot of ground and helped us understand vital concepts. I have no words to express my gratitude to Professor Connie Scanga. I loved her presentation, the interactive sessions, the lab sessions and her energy and enthusiasm. Thank you so much dearest Professor Connie Scanga.

By Sazonova E

May 26, 2017

Thank you for enlightenment you gave me, Dr. Scanga!))

By Ikram E

Sep 27, 2017

its a great learning experience very clear explanation ,very excellent course

By Armando

Feb 07, 2018

This course was exceptional. Extremely detailed and very well explained.

By Ali S

Jun 24, 2016

great course

By Bart S

Jun 14, 2016

outstanding, do it again

By Sergiu

Apr 28, 2018

Great course, very helpful for a better understanding of the systems driving the human body.

By Florence R

Oct 13, 2016

I absolutely loved this course, so clear and lively. Dr Connie Scanga is a great teacher, she speaks clearly, she is engaging, she makes you want to know everything in the body! Thanks for offering the course.

By Maria M

Oct 13, 2016

Thank you so much!! Learned a lot!! again here on Coursera.

By Kari G

Feb 07, 2017

Vital Signs is a terrific course for anyone looking to learn or review the basic physiology and assessment of vital signs and the metabolic processes that regulate them. The lecture videos are not only very professional, but they are just the right length to watch and review. The in-video quizzes help course participants self-assess their learning, and the end-of-unit quizzes adequately represent the topics covered in course lectures. I really enjoyed this fascinating subject, and I hope to continue learning more about other metabolic processes and body systems.

By Luis E

Jul 23, 2017

Great course. I already have a very good comprehension of the body functions and I think I am better prepared to understand, assess and decide what to do next with vital signs.

By Elsa M I A

May 05, 2016

Excelent, I love the way Dr. Scanga explains things and without too much audiovisual help.

I´d like more deep review. Thanks a lot.

By Amaly S

Mar 18, 2018

Dynamic Lecturer. Awesome outline and resources.

By KHALED C A W

Mar 28, 2016

Very didatical!

By Edward G

Feb 12, 2018

Great course presentation and outstanding instructional methods. Supplements all other health-related MOOCs that I have taken very effectively. Will definitely take other online course offered by Dr. Scanga et al. via University of Penn in the future. Thanks again.

By Alhanouf A

Feb 03, 2018

As a senior medical student, this course was really important in helping me interpret vital signs and review some basic physiological concepts.

By Scherine C

Mar 01, 2018

Video lectures were completed in a classroom or lab setting with regular in-video MCQs which enhanced the feeling of being a classroom attendant. The interactive component will help you to stay focused and to truly evaluate whether you've understood the content being discussed. I am sure you'll likely find the course to be insightful and interesting as I have.

By Theresa L K

Jun 26, 2016

This is a basic, non-complicated yet thorough course on understanding the human body. It is a fantastic course to take prior to Anatomy & Physiology as presented on Coursera by Duke University. Dr Scanga and her team do a wonderful job of engaging the student with in lecture photos, diagrams and models as well as lab simulations that mimic real world scenarios, not to mention their enthusiasm for the material. If you have even the smallest interest in the body you carry around every day, take this course!!

By K A E

Mar 12, 2016

This is a great course. Thanks!

By Darryl L

May 01, 2016

Very informative and very helpful in beginning to understand important and essential body functions.

By Bartłomiej C

Apr 16, 2017

Powerful dose of knowledge !

By Shaymaa M M M A

Jun 28, 2016

So far I've studied all week 1 and week 2 materials and I love this course! Everything about it: the way lectures are presented ,the demos in the sim lab, and the content itself.. it's all rich and great. I'm a high school junior so I don't have a whole basic biology knowledge under my belt and I thought there would be a slight difficulty for me to grasp the material, but everything here is simple and wholesome. I learned a lot those two weeks, so thanks Vital Signs team for your great work!

By Damian S

Sep 19, 2017

This was far the best online course I've ever made. The method is new for me and I think it really works! It puts you inside a class with the chance to answer yourself and making you thinking about what they were talking about, with time enough to understand. Congratulations to the amazing team that produced this great course! I'm looking forward to have another one, the same talented like this one. Thank you. ;) Damian.