Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AB

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

201 - 225 of 805 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Alejandro A S C

Nov 02, 2018

Una buena revisión de los principales signos vitales y sus características, buen material audiovisual, videos de laboratorios y sus escritos de igual forma.

By christian g

Dec 13, 2017

This course was magnificent. I learned an enormous amount of information and it was all clear and easy to understand. I am eternally grateful to Dr. Scanga.

By Linus A

Jun 24, 2017

I had a great time. Learned many things that I would have never learned had I not done this course. Dr. Scanga is a very very good instructor. Thanks a lot.

By Dennis V

Feb 13, 2017

I learned so much in this course! I found parts of it to be quite challenging, which is a very good thing. Thanks to all involved for an excellent course.

By sjood m a h

Sep 26, 2019

Actually this course is the most beneficial course I had ever met in my journey as a medical student , thanks a lot coursera I am really grateful for you.

By Roy G

Jun 02, 2019

The teacher simplified the course to the ability or level of her students .

excellent teacher ,very informative and simplified the terms and words she used

By Christian J M R

Oct 22, 2017

Is an interestign course in wich you can learn a lot of thing of phisiology, besides you can to think of simple diagnostics, and the english is very clear

By Utkarsha S

Apr 24, 2020

It was a very interesting experience to learn more about our systems by Prof.Scanga...She is very elaborative n a very good explainer..thank u Coursera..

By Jacob W

Feb 07, 2017

I originally enrolled in this course as a refresher and in the end I not only relearned key information but also information that I never received prior.

By Dawn S

Mar 02, 2018

It was challenging and fun to do this course. I don't have any medical background but this course gave me great insight into some of our body functions!

By Cheung H C J

Nov 09, 2017

This is a well organized course which gives us a lot of information about the vital signs. Thanks a lot to the Professor Connie Scanga and other tutors.

By Quidor S G

Nov 30, 2017

In depth and practical. The format of where users are able to sit in on the same lectures and labs attended by nursing students is great learning tool.

By Natalia W

Aug 11, 2019

Absolutely loved the course! The first course of Coursera wherevI listened to every lecture. I learned a lot and can now apply my knowledge as an EMT.

By Grainne H

Jun 28, 2017

Lots of detail in this course but really well explained, excellent course for all of those working in the Health industry or intending to , thank you.

By Erica I M

Jun 21, 2018

Very informative and organized in a manageable way making it easier to understand the content. Enjoyed the course and the format presented very much.

By Nathalia L S d S

Dec 30, 2017

Um curso com didática excelente. As bases dos sinais vitais são bem explicados e tudo contribui para que o aluno aprenda. Gostei bastante. Nota 10!!!

By andrea s

Apr 05, 2020

excelente dinámica en videos y muy útiles los materiales de notas y transcripciones (para quienes se les complique entender completamente el idioma)

By Katelyn M

Mar 30, 2020

This course was very interesting and informative. I have learned a lot about vital signs and how to interpret them for myself and others. Thank you!

By Sergio A C V

Sep 22, 2018

It's one of the best courses to get an overview of some of the systems in the body. And also helped me to reinforce my willing of studying medicine.

By Adriana B

Apr 08, 2020

Instructor was very informative and made the material easier to comprehend with her demonstrations and use of props. I highly recommend this class!

By Tatiana N L K

Sep 22, 2016

It was a very didatic course with a global view about vital signs. I surely will recommend. Congratulations to Dr Scanga and all the collaborators.

By Shelby F

Mar 13, 2017

This course was very fun! It contained so much great information and helpful information that I would recommend it to everyone! Thank you so much!

By Solmari R

Apr 08, 2020

HELPED ME UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS WHICH MY BODY GOES THRU AN INJURE OR ANY PHYSICAL INTERNAL SITUATION WITH MY SYSTEM AND HOW TO EXPRESS HOW FEEL

By Raquel C S

May 11, 2018

It was very nice!! I wanted more and more, it explains perfectly a bit of physiology in every vital sign, which is wonderful to know it that way.