Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR
Sep 29, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AN
May 8, 2020

I have learned a lot of things from this course. This course disclosed innumerable mysteries of human body that I didn't know earlier. I really enjoyed this course. Thanks for this wonderful content.

201 - 225 of 1,127 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Conrad L

Jun 10, 2018

Really good course on anatomy essentials. Great for those who want a general understanding of where everything in the body is situated and how they work without too much emphasis on the details in physiology.

By Elvira M

Jun 20, 2020

Hello,

My first online course at Coursera and I'm sure is not a last one. I did enjoy this course, all classes are very interesting & productive.

Thank You very much for the opportunity!

Best regards,

Elvira

By Alice H

Jan 1, 2021

Professor Scanga is a knowledgable and passionate instructor who can explain concepts in a comprehensive fashion and promote student involvement. Thank you for the wonderful courses and I hope to see more.

By seema G

Apr 9, 2020

Very interesting topics and very well explained. The quizzes were also helpful to remembering and reinforcing certain concepts. Also helps us understand and appreciate how wonderfully complex our human ana

By Gavin S

Apr 11, 2019

A really good course, nicely paced and with good explanations of the topics covered. The lecture format, with real students asking questions which prompted explanations, was nice. Thanks for running this.

By Abraham B

Apr 29, 2017

It has been such a wonderful journey with the time have spent learning this course. I have been able to refresh my mind and also expand my knowledge on all the key major topics of this course. Thanks again

By Vijaya C

Jul 24, 2017

The basic concepts about vital signs were explained very well. The session which i enjoyed the most was about the one on pain. I would recommend this course to all medical care professionals and students.

By IndRi P

May 21, 2017

Dr.Scanga explained the material very well for general audiences. It is really helpful for me (an electrical engineering researcher) to get a much better understanding about the vital signs of human body.

By Raymond E

Oct 23, 2020

Dr Connie has wonderful knowledge about the topic and stays wonderfully engaged with the viewer. The accompaniment notes have helped to stay focused on the topic on hand as well as for further revision.

By Nguyễn T N

Feb 14, 2020

The course is great. I 've learned more from it. The lessons are designed systematically and scientifically. The teacher are so cool and awesome. Thank you for making the course. I like it very much.

By Claudia O

Sep 26, 2020

En estas seis semanas he aprendido muchísimas cosas, los vídeos explicativos son realmente útiles, y la información se queda al instante gracias a las lecturas y demostraciones. 100% recomendado.

By Irma A M Q

Sep 20, 2020

Agradezco la oportunidad que me brindaron de ampliar mis conocimientos, será mi punto de partida para continuar preparándome, un reconocimiento infinito a la Dra Sacnga me encanto su metodología.

By Nieara S R d S

Jan 25, 2021

Amazing course! They explain everything in a simple way, so anyone can understand, and they use great anatomy equipments! It’s the best medicine teacher I have ever seen! Everything is so clear!

By Esther R

Jun 23, 2020

Excelente!!!! Me encantó que siempre me animarán a seguir estudiando!!! Los videos bien explicados, el material de lectura muy buenos y en cada quiz se aprendia y se fijaban los conocimientos!!!

By Mya S

May 9, 2020

Absolutely amazing course! I recommend it to anyone who is interested in basic Anatomy and wants to learn more! Totally great for beginners. Dr. Scanga is a great professor - I highly recommend!

By Georgia L T

Jun 10, 2020

It explained topics that I thought were too hard to even comprehend in a way that was simple to understand. It was really interesting, interactive and had everything I was looking for.

Thankyou.

By Berenice J S V

Mar 14, 2017

Best teacher ever, wish she had another course! Clear and easy to understand and when realized, she had introduced all important terms and made clear examples... Forums questions are responded.

By kyaw t

Apr 2, 2020

Professor Connie was very clear, precise and informative in her approach to teaching students about the basics of vital signs. I hope she would continue to teach many more classes on coursera.

By Annamarie T

May 23, 2020

This was a great course! I decided to take it during the pandemic to pass the time. I am a former bio/pre med major, turned stay at home mom and it was a great reminder that I am still smart!

By Mostafa E

Aug 28, 2017

it was amazing experience to take this course the best part was the demos that taught me a lot. the teaching method and professors were amazing keep the hard working and keep enlighten people

By Kathryn B

Jun 5, 2020

The lectures start basic and build at a level that makes them easy to follow but also interesting. I really enjoyed week 6 about pain. I will look at pain completely differently from now on.

By Brynn L

Apr 20, 2020

My friend and I did this course during the quarantine and loved it! It was a great use of our time and provided such detailed information that we will remember till we get to medical school!

By Juan E P R

Nov 21, 2017

Excellent course. Here I could learn a lot of information about the vital signs I did not know. Great explanations, and also a academic environment for making you feel like if you are there.

By Maria S

Apr 6, 2020

Excellent course. Very well structured material, resonabled paced, good presentation and student interaction during presentations. Useful guest/specialist feed back in application sessions.