Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR
Sep 29, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AB
Jun 29, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

251 - 275 of 1,137 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Jose T

Feb 23, 2019

Professor Connie B. Scanga is an excellent teacher; she makes me really understand what is happening in my own body. I recommend taking this course or any course she teaches.

By Linda B

Jan 27, 2021

This class is an excellent introduction to nursing. The instructor gives clear, detailed information that is appropriate to a layperson. I would highly recommend this class.

By faiza

Feb 14, 2020

I really enjoyed taking your course. I just wish I would have actually taken a class where I need to be in class. I think that it would have been a lot more interesting.

By Annie L

Nov 8, 2016

Excellent course! Dr. Scanga is very interesting and her pace is comfortable. I strongly recommend this course to anyone interested in this sort of subject. Great job! :)

By Lane L

Apr 20, 2020

My friend and I took this course together while we have limited learning and extra time due to the quarantine. It was super interesting and I'm really glad I completed it.

By Jenn W

Oct 15, 2020

Excellent introduction to some of the body systems and the functioning of the heart. In depth enough to challenge but manageable to keep you interested in learning more

By Sthefany B

Apr 30, 2021

It was an amazing course, I found it very useful and it opens my mind to the comprehension of the human body. I`m excited to learn more about it. It is fantastic!!! :))

By Mahmoud E

Apr 10, 2020

One of the best online courses I have ever taken. The instructor too is really nice and the way she conducted the course was engaging as if I am in a classroom with her

By Akbibi

Jun 27, 2016

Very good! Very clear explanation, easy to follow. Many thanks to the Prof and UPenn for creating this MOOC and offering it for free. A great contribution to Humanity.

By Emily R

May 9, 2020

I took this course because of interest in the subject. I found the material fascinating and well-presented. Thanks for a great resource and a fun learning experience!

By wen g

Jul 28, 2019

This is the best course of all that I have binged on Coursera. The professor and teaching staff are both excellent teachers. Highly recommended for general learning.

By Cobus v N

Feb 5, 2018

It goes in to the exact kind of detail I wanted to and is thorough, well presented and well executed by a team of professionals, thank you for this wonderful course.

Jan 12, 2018

The teaching was very clear, step-wise, and thorough. The demonstrations were interesting and on topic. I would be interested in other courses from this instructor.

By Megan A

Feb 10, 2021

WOW! What a great introduction to vital signs and understanding the body more. This course helped me understand what was being taught to me during my CNA training.

By Judy J

Feb 28, 2021

i loved how the course was presented. Professor Scanga was enthusiastic and kept my interest. i have learned so much form this course. It was just right for me.

By Enyerbert G

Feb 1, 2021

This course is perfect for a brief introduction in the understanding of physiology and its clinicals applications as med student I'm very satisfied with the course

By Igor M

Oct 5, 2019

Technically well done. Course is for beginners - if you read anything about human body and how it works, then this probably isn't for you ;) Quizzes are enjoyable.

By Angela Y

Oct 25, 2020

As for someone who wants to study nursing, this course helped me understand a little bit more of what I will learn. It is also interesting and really informative.

By Simran S

Jun 29, 2020

LOVED THIS COURSE, DR.SCANGA HAS EXPLAINED EACH AND EVERY ASPECT BEAUTIFULLY. THE LECTURES AT THE SIM LAB WERE VERY USEFUL TOO. THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING COURSE.

By Tim T

Very well laid out and easy to follow using a classroom setting. Also found the mini multiple choice sections at the end of each session where very helpfully too.

By Sharon C Q F

I had so much knowledge with this course. It´s really incredible and Dr. Scanga is an absolutely great teacher. You definitely learn a lot with her in this course

By David A N

May 22, 2020

I very much enjoyed the course and learned a great deal. It was set forth in a way that I could employ my best approach, a rapid consumption of the information.

By ymt

Sep 20, 2019

Detail explanation in anatomy of body system related to vital signs. Demonstration helps to have more clear picture in how to assess and provide care to patient.