Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

176 - 200 of 788 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Jan 13, 2018

The teaching was very clear, step-wise, and thorough. The demonstrations were interesting and on topic. I would be interested in other courses from this instructor.

By Igor M

Oct 05, 2019

Technically well done. Course is for beginners - if you read anything about human body and how it works, then this probably isn't for you ;) Quizzes are enjoyable.

By Sharon C Q F

I had so much knowledge with this course. It´s really incredible and Dr. Scanga is an absolutely great teacher. You definitely learn a lot with her in this course

By David A N

May 22, 2020

I very much enjoyed the course and learned a great deal. It was set forth in a way that I could employ my best approach, a rapid consumption of the information.

By ymt

Sep 20, 2019

Detail explanation in anatomy of body system related to vital signs. Demonstration helps to have more clear picture in how to assess and provide care to patient.

By Owusu A S

Dec 01, 2016

I love this program, it has really enlightened me in the aspect of vital signs. I recommend it for everyone who wish to know what his/her body is telling him/her

By Dayna A R D

Jan 27, 2020

The course is really useful. it's amazing the models that the professor implements, I loved the lab practices and the explanations. I really enjoy this course.

By Natarajan D

Sep 06, 2017

A must for everybody . A general understanding of how the body functions and how to interpret vital signs is very important for daily life . Excellently taught

By Anastasia K

This teacher is amazing, I really enjoyed the "live classroom" setting. The material was very informative and helpful for the current program I'm enrolled in.

By Elisa

Aug 27, 2017

Excellente pédagogie !

Les ressources d'apprentissage sont très complètes, pratiques et aident efficacement à intégrer les notions vues durant les leçons.

Merci

By Cristina M

Vital Signs is an eye opening and interesting course which I recommend for anyone interested in the functioning of the body and the overall health of people.

By Roberto B

Mar 29, 2016

I have just finished attending the first week and it is amazingly explained! Congratulations to the tutors! I look forward to watching the following lessons!

By Sheryl M

Fabulous course. I really related to Dr. Scanga and her students. Learned a lot and enjoyed every video and quiz. I would take more courses with Dr. Scanga.

By Bryan A V C

Apr 18, 2019

Excelente curso, me permitió profundizar en conocimientos previos acerca de los signos vitales y a su vez mejorar mis técnicas de valoración en la práctica.

By Alejandro A S C

Nov 02, 2018

Una buena revisión de los principales signos vitales y sus características, buen material audiovisual, videos de laboratorios y sus escritos de igual forma.

By christian g

Dec 13, 2017

This course was magnificent. I learned an enormous amount of information and it was all clear and easy to understand. I am eternally grateful to Dr. Scanga.

By Linus A

Jun 24, 2017

I had a great time. Learned many things that I would have never learned had I not done this course. Dr. Scanga is a very very good instructor. Thanks a lot.

By Dennis V

Feb 13, 2017

I learned so much in this course! I found parts of it to be quite challenging, which is a very good thing. Thanks to all involved for an excellent course.

By sjood m a h

Sep 26, 2019

Actually this course is the most beneficial course I had ever met in my journey as a medical student , thanks a lot coursera I am really grateful for you.

By Roy G

Jun 02, 2019

The teacher simplified the course to the ability or level of her students .

excellent teacher ,very informative and simplified the terms and words she used

By Christian J M R

Oct 22, 2017

Is an interestign course in wich you can learn a lot of thing of phisiology, besides you can to think of simple diagnostics, and the english is very clear

By Utkarsha S

Apr 24, 2020

It was a very interesting experience to learn more about our systems by Prof.Scanga...She is very elaborative n a very good explainer..thank u Coursera..

By Jacob W

Feb 07, 2017

I originally enrolled in this course as a refresher and in the end I not only relearned key information but also information that I never received prior.

By Dawn S

Mar 02, 2018

It was challenging and fun to do this course. I don't have any medical background but this course gave me great insight into some of our body functions!