Back to Build a mobile app with Google Sheets on Glide and no coding

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Build a mobile app with Google Sheets on Glide and no coding by Coursera Project Network

In this 2-hour long project-based course, you will learn how to create a mobile app from a Google Sheet using Glide, a web application built by former Microsoft engineers to simplify app development. You will learn how to create the data structure for the app to rely on Google Sheets, how to test the app, distribute it and install it, with no need of coding experience of skills. You will build a book-sharing mobile app with user sign-in functionalities, adding items, marking as favorites, creating personalized list, sharing book reviews and more. The tool can be used as an easy development and marketing tool in order to create functional apps for personal and business use, for your client, as promotion tools or company internal applications, and more. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

JC
Jan 3, 2021

Other than some weird background noise distortion from the professor's side, I loved this course very much, and learned how to build an app in Glide

DG
Dec 17, 2020

Awesome course opened insights many thanks . hope you do more project guided courses in relation to this. Thanks.

1 - 25 of 45 Reviews for Build a mobile app with Google Sheets on Glide and no coding

By Desiree W

Nov 14, 2020

This is a pretty good course, but there are several major flaws. First, the instructor does not seem to have thought through some of the tasks. The way he has set up the data structure will not work as intended, and he does not seem to realize that his instructions are not going to work. For example, he instructs us to add a list component to the detail page that will list all previous reviews of a given book. He instructs us to create a filter for this list so that only the reviews for that title will appear on a particular book's page. However, he hard codes one book's title into the filter criteria. This means that every book's detail page will list the reviews for that same book that was hard coded into the filter. The filter criteria needs to be written dynamically so that it matches the title of whichever book's page the user is viewing. In order to do this, the filter criteria should reference the cell value of the title column in that book's row in the spreadsheet. I am too new to Glide to know whether this is possible in Glide, but if it isn't, then that filter feature is pretty useless. There is a similar problem with the way the instructor sets up the "My List" feature. He set up the data structure with one ListAdd column in the Books spreadsheet. This means that when any user adds the book to their list (i.e., sets that book's ListAdd value to true), then it will be true for ALL users. Every user will see that book in their list. If another user then removes that book from their list, the book's ListAdd value becomes false for ALL users. The book will be removed from everyone's lists. This My List feature would be better accomplished by creating a separate sheet, perhaps called UserLists, that would capture the user's email and the title of the book they add to their list. Then the My List feature in the app would list books from the UserLists sheet filtered by user email. Also, if this were going to be a real-world app, then the books need more than just a title to identify them because multiple books can have the same title. They need a unique identifier, such as the ISBN.

I also could not use the Rhyme platform. The virtual desktop would not allow me to have more than one window open, so I could not switch between incognito and regular Chrome tabs. I also was not able to minimize Chrome to get to the actual virtual desktop. The window for the virtual workspace was too small to be useful. If you don't have a fairly large monitor, then you will have trouble with it.

The quiz grading also needs to be reviewed to ensure it marks answers correctly.

By Nitesh G

Oct 27, 2020

Very simple and easily understandable.

By Muhammad H

Jan 23, 2021

This course is helpful for me.

Thanks

By Stefan D

Dec 19, 2020

This class was very helpful for me learning the basics of Glide. I was struggling to understand how to work Glide. I would love it if you build on this course with an intermediate course to help with things like the specialty columns such as relations and lookup. My only issue is that I don't think the final exam was correctly graded. I'm pretty sure of the two answers I got wrong, given the options presented. Thank you.

By Joshua C

Jan 4, 2021

By Nancy C M M

Feb 7, 2021

It is an amazing course, I learned a lot, I cannot believe how useful this could be for different fields of knowledge.

By Dr.Chandira G

Dec 18, 2020

By Arjun V P

Nov 5, 2020

A good course. As I am Interested in App Dev This course gave me the sight of Knowledge. Thanks Sir!

By Seth A

Nov 9, 2020

This course taught me all I needed to build apps with glide. I am already working on side projects

By Alejandro C

Sep 25, 2020

A very hands-on-practice course that's going to be super useful to boost your creativity skills

By Nadir K

Jan 25, 2021

The course and Instructor both were outstanding.Thanks Coursera.Thanks MNSUAM

By M A S

Jan 26, 2021

This is an amazing app to deliver a knowledge to us and help out

By Mohammed J R

Jan 17, 2021

exceptionally good i have made an app from glde in 1 day!!!

By sampatrao B M

Dec 18, 2020

Assign some work to us and find out where is your student

By Cindy F

Feb 20, 2021

This course is easy to understand; I enjoy it! thanks

By Habiba N

Jan 21, 2021

Best platform to convey the information

By Zia U

Jan 21, 2021

This skills is powerful for future

By Asad u R K

Jan 19, 2021

Helped me in knowing new field

By TAMAKUWALA B S

Jan 4, 2021

very nice course for beginners

By Shakthi P J

Jan 9, 2021

Very systematic guidance!

By Keith E S

Nov 1, 2020

Very good course. Thanks.

By İsa Y