Back to Introduction to Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Project Management by Coursera Project Network

This course is designed to give you the fundamentals of Project Management. You will learn the basic principles of Project Management by managing a fundraising event for your local farmers market. You will designate responsible team members to help you, build a timeline and see the different ways that you can manage the project. Together, we will walk through not only the documentation, but also the theories and reasoning behind each task. You will learn how to look at a large project and break it down into manageable pieces and then how to build an action plan so that you hit your deadlines with your team. By the end of the course, you will have created a Project Scope document, Stakeholder Responsibility Matrix, sequenced a task list, added task owners, and a explored several popular project views using Project Management software. You will be ready to tackle a project on your own or will be equipped to take a higher-level course in Project Management. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

OK

Oct 05, 2020

It is a wonderful course though the training time was short, I wish there is a system that is available for someone to go back to or study whenever you wish to. (a study book) for reference purposes.

MS

Jun 09, 2020

Overall everything is good and have great experience about online project. I am very thankful to Coursera.org learning platform where I am learning new skills and enhance of existing skills.

1 - 25 of 314 Reviews for Introduction to Project Management

By Animish A

Jun 13, 2020

It's not a project. They will tell how to use different tools without any deliverables

By Matt J

Jul 25, 2020

Very limited explanation of the theory behind the work done in the video. No definition of PM-specific terminology.

The course material that was made available to download did not download correctly through the virtual desktop.

There are people with questions in the discussion form and none of the moderators have replied. It seems like it has been abandoned.

By JESWIN J

May 04, 2020

The Coursera provided course introduction to project management course was superb.it helped me to learn about project management and project planning.

By Neel P

May 08, 2020

To me, this course was a concise and to the point explanation of Project Scope Statement & RACI Chart. I loved doing the hands-on and got an opportunity to think about the task that I was expected to perform and got the flexibility to perform it the way I wanted it to be [as long as the concepts were applied rightly].

By Sharon J S

May 01, 2020

This was an excellent course for a beginner like me and the introduction to the Asana software was wonderfully enlightening to the availability of simple to use project managing tools that are available for use!

By Vishal S K

May 02, 2020

It is very good course for working professionals

By MD S

By Nathanial H

Apr 29, 2020

This is a great course for somebody unfamiliar with project management software and how to use it to help make the process easier for everyone to visualize and understand.

By Emmanuel H S

Aug 15, 2020

Easy to use, simple, straight forward, no extra jargon to make it difficult to understand. Overall a very good beginner course for basic project management.

By Md N M

Apr 29, 2020

This course is completely focused on practically planning a project instead of just theories .That is why i loved this course

By Keletso M

Straight to the point, concepts clearly explained. For a beginner though, it was too short. It is practical, do yourself the favor of actually doing the work yourself before proceeding to the next stage and there will be plenty to learn.

By Tiffany W

Aug 08, 2020

Really great that this is a hands off course. It would be better if it was more relatable to my field and if it shows you how to do the project management piece in Excel.

By Cynthia B

Jul 06, 2020

I felt that the course went a little fast. I didn't have the Rhyme product set up on my computer. I didn't know that I needed it set up on my computer

By Kunal

Jun 10, 2020

More practical projets needs to be added in the exisiting course. Overall course is awesome.

By Flavio R

May 05, 2020

Very interesting. For beginners. It is probably too short.

By Lucas M O

Jun 19, 2020

Rather superficial

By aditi p

Sep 10, 2020

Amazing I like how the slip screen works, a perfect course for a guided project.

It's very important to have hands-on experience, soo glad to share that I have completed the guided project on Coursera on " Introduction to Project Management "with Instructor and Project Manager Meghan Peck. This is a great course for somebody unfamiliar with any of the Project Management Software and how to use it. Hoping that I will utilize this knowledgeThings I learned during the project :1. How to create an essential project management tool like Scope Statements and RACI Charts.2. How you can remotely work with a large number of people.3. How to look at a large-scale project and how can you break it down into manageable pieces.4. How it will be easy for everyone to visualize and understand what stage are we to complete the project.5. How to designate work to each team member.6. How to build an action plan so that you hit your deadlines with your team.

By Carey-Lee D

Jun 07, 2020

Kudos to Coursera on their new approach to online courses through their Guided Projects. I loved the approach to learning through the platform Rhyme - where I learnt by DOING. The course is completely hands-on and easy to follow. I was already exposed to the Asana, however, I am glad to have learnt a few new things about project scope and assigning projects.

By Amy P N

Jul 13, 2020

Really great into course to project management, giving a short overview of the needed skills and considerations and an introduction to some management tools. If you're new to project management its definitely worth it. However, if you have a working knowledge it probably won't teach you anything new.

By Durga P M

Jun 05, 2020

The course content is simple to understand and very well structured. It is really exciting to have a hands on experience with Rhyme and Asana.com. I also like the short length of this course which keeps the energy till the end.

Many thanks to Megan Peck.

Warm Regards,

Durga Prasad.

By Laiba K

Sep 24, 2020

I wanted to explore the foundational skills which are needed in project management. This guided project was just right for me to get an overview of project management. I would highly recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn how to manage skills.

By Omowunmi C K

Oct 05, 2020

By jen

Jun 01, 2020

This course was exactly what I needed to learn the intro basics of what I need to be successful at understanding how to create my projects to win at work and succeedl

By Shaikh M P

Jul 19, 2020

Great course to start organizing a project with online tools. Let's you practice along with the instructor at your own pace that you can have a hands on training.

By Jessica Y

Jun 09, 2020

The set-up is interactive since there are actual demonstration from the instructor. Participants can execute the steps with guidance from instructor.