Back to Wireshark for Basic Network Security Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Wireshark for Basic Network Security Analysis by Coursera Project Network

In this 1-hour 30-minutes long project-based course, you will learn how to use Wireshark to capture the Network Traffic you need and analyze it securely. You will have a better understanding of encrypted and unencrypted traffic and how to differentiate between them. You will dig deeply into unencrypted protocols such as RADIUS, HTTP, DNS and Telnet by generating the Traffic of each of them and capturing it yourself. Also you will generate, capture and look into secure and encrypted protocols such as HTTPS and SSH. Additionally, you will learn how to capture HTTPS Traffic and decrypt them by using a pre-master secret key. Note: This project works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

SG
Oct 3, 2020

gave me a good review in regards to the capabilities of Wireshark & enlightened me to how insecure\n\nsome of our network communications are, which is a good thing!

AF
Oct 21, 2020

In my opinion, this project is just suitable to anyone wanting to learn network analysis in a considerable short time. Huge kudos to the instructor.

1 - 16 of 16 Reviews for Wireshark for Basic Network Security Analysis

By Marcus S

Sep 24, 2020

The course is a "guided tour" on what is possible, no or little explanation on why certain settings are done. I'll be able to repeat the steps in the course but it will not help me in solving any problems that my arise in my daily job. I'm sorry to say that this course was a waste of my time.

By Marc A - A

Sep 16, 2020

This course was amazing i have learn a lot as a beginner

By Muhammad G B S

Sep 16, 2020

Short and sweet course. The project work based on a real-world examples lab session were structured and paced well. Menna imparts knowledge effectively without being overwhelming with technicality. Thanks!

By ABDINASIR A F

Oct 22, 2020

By Hansi B

Oct 25, 2020

This is a perfect course for any undergraduate especially for a person who is studying or passionate about Cyber Security field. It gives a basic idea about how to use the most common appliction Wireshark to capture and analyse data.

By STEPHEN G

Oct 4, 2020

some of our network communications are, which is a good thing!

By Ideris B A

Nov 26, 2020

Good for beginner to understand the tool usage. Perhaps they can do intermediate/advanced project that suit working environment.

By Keren N D

Sep 25, 2020

I learnt how to use Wireshark at a basic level, the instructor was clear and conveyed information in a precise manner.

By BERNA N

Sep 23, 2020

It was an interesting project and good for beginners though it needs more input for one to gain a lot.

By Thanos K

Nov 1, 2020

Nice overall.

One thing about Task-4, scraping.pro was down at the time

By Supun p k

Sep 24, 2020

This is good course for a beginner...

By Dexter B E

Nov 25, 2020

You can say it in the title

By Emilio V

Sep 29, 2020

Very good

By Jonadab A B

Sep 28, 2020

Excellent material. Unfortunately, I was logged out of my workspace but I still enjoyed the course. the workspace screen is too small need to strain to get some details