Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences
University of North Texas
The B.A.A.S. program is fully developed by the University of North Texas. The University of North Texas leverages Coursera’s online education platform to deliver the program curriculum, allowing B.A.A.S. students to benefit from Coursera features such as interactive video transcription, in-course note taking, and learning across multiple devices. Students attend live classroom sessions with professors, work together on group projects, and connect with instructors during live office hours on the UNT platform.
Coursera utilizes technology that empowers you to learn on your schedule and on the device of your choice. University of North Texas courses are made up of modules that can be completed during commutes or other short periods of time. Courses include supplementary readings, video lectures, assignments, and discussion forums that help you spark connections with your peers.
- When Broadway closed during the pandemic, stage manager Cheyney Coles used the time to pursue her degree—online, on her time. Read more about Cheyney on the Coursera blog.
- After ten years of self-employment, entrepreneur Ana Said decided to earn her bachelor’s online to grow her career. Read more about Ana on the Coursera blog.
- Lifelong learner Jaina Bellanca is earning her degree online so she can launch her new career. Read more about Jaina on the Coursera blog.
- Twenty years into his hospitality career, Alberto White found the right bachelor’s program to help him pursue an exciting new job opportunity. Read more about Alberto on the Coursera blog.
UNT Premium Student Wraparound Services
BAAS Advisors: All advising services are available via Zoom, phone, or email.
- Evaluate academic, vocational, and military credit
- Create an Unofficial Planning Sheet for prospective students
- Articulate the requirements of the degree
- Develop an individualized plan for each student
- Select appropriate courses and concentrations for accomplishing academic goals
- Provide resources for academic success
- Guide students toward graduation
Success Coaching: Coaches create a personal relationship with students where unconditional support fosters student confidence and self-awareness resulting in achievement of academic and personal goals.
Tutoring Services: Tutors offer a variety of online tutoring services designed to help students succeed at UNT. All tutoring services are available via Zoom, phone, or email.
- Peer Tutoring
- MathLab Tutoring
- Graduate Prep Services
- Study Skills Workshops
Career Coach: Career Coaches design and deliver high quality career services to UNT students and alumni through collaboration with campus, local and global partnerships. All career services are available via Zoom, phone, or email.
- Career Coaching Meetings
- Daily Drop-Ins
- Virtual Events and Video Resources
- Virtual Career Fairs
- Employer Information Sessions
Mentoring Services: Mentors provide insight, guidance, and resources to students as they acclimate to online learning and returning to school to complete their degree. All mentoring services are available via Zoom, phone, or email. Mentors address challenges of online learning, including:
- Digital literacy
- Technical issues
- Time management
- Balance work, family, life, school
- Connection to faculty
- Connection to students
- Professional career development
- Leadership development/strengths/values
- Inclusion/cultural competency
Coursera Student Services Team: The Coursera team provides front-line service by directing student inquiries to the appropriate office the first time, preventing unnecessary run-around.
Lectures are organized into weekly modules, available via video playback or interactive transcript. Familiarize yourself with online lectures before meeting with the professor and your classmates for a deeper understanding of the material.
Access your courses from anywhere — with the use of your laptop or PC and study wherever and whenever you choose.
Interact with fellow students through course forums. Get access to every question asked and answered by previous students.
Coursera does not grant credit, and does not represent that any institution other than the degree granting institution will recognize the credit or credential awarded by the institution; the decision to grant, accept, or transfer credit is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of an educational institution.
We encourage you to investigate whether this degree meets your academic and/or professional needs before applying.