Back to Accounting for Decision Making

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Accounting for Decision Making by University of Michigan

Through this course, you will start by addressing the two “big questions” of accounting: “What do I have?” and “How did I do over time?” You will see how the two key financial statements – the balance sheet and the income statement - are designed to answer these questions and then move on to consider how individual transactions aggregate to make up these financial statements. After developing a broad understanding of accounting and financial statements, you will begin to develop a more nuanced understanding of individual components of doing business, such as making a sale or building inventory. By considering many of the more common actions of a company, you will build your understanding of accounting, and explore these concepts by applying them across various types of transactions. Once you understand these individual concepts better, you will be ready to return to the overall financial statements and use them as informational tools, including building ratios. You can do this course standalone or to qualify for the residential component of the Finance for Strategic Decision-Making Executive Education program. For more information, see the FAQ below....

NS
Oct 9, 2018

With no prior knowledge of accounting it's surprising how easy it is to progress through the course. professor Miller has an amazing ability to explain new concepts in an easy to understand manner!

SY
Jun 6, 2020

Having a wonderful experience one of the great teacher Prof Greg Miller gained a lot of learning from. Very Supportive and helpful material in this course specially lectures form Prof Greg Miller

1 - 25 of 66 Reviews for Accounting for Decision Making

By Daria K

Jul 23, 2018

I liked the course very much. It completed my knowledge base about accounting, which I already acquired during my offline MBA program, so I'd strongly advise it, if people are already familiar with the subject. Greg Miller's teaching style is very comfortable - he did a great job.

By Nadia S

Mar 29, 2018

Awesome course!

By Daniel B S

Dec 14, 2018

I really enjoyed the course, it was an interesting and encouraging refresher of the skills I acquired during the last ten years more or less detailed within my different jobs.

I'd be happy, if there was a short written summary of key aspects for each section. As it usually takes a couple of weeks to go through the course this would be very helpful to refresh previous weeks' concepts and also afterwards further enhance the learning experience in daily business.

By Sudipta D N

May 8, 2020

This course is the best one in order to get clear conception on financial accounting. Professor Miller emphasised on clear understanding. I am an MBA student. I had taken two accounting before this one. However, I must say that my conception on financial accounting is better now.

By Prasad Y

Aug 30, 2020

University of Michigan, so I will not say very good content, but above par for the university. But assignments were far above university level and this was a kind of pragmatic approach specially in 2 and last weeks. overall great course

By Richard T

Apr 10, 2020

Great course for anyone who needs a well-structured introduction into accounting with a real-life application. It is also a good value for professionals (in finance/business) who want to be sure that they understand accounting properly.

By Тазабек Д Т

Oct 17, 2020

Course is very understandable thanks to Mr. Miller! Big thank you to professor Miller and everybody else who helped to prepare this course! Now I'm sure that my knowledge in accounting significantly better than it was before!

By Shantanu S

Jul 29, 2020

The professor has taught us all the fundamental topics in accounts. This is a great course for people that want to start learning this subject or for anyone who wants to brush up their knowledge of accounts.

By Saad Y

Jun 7, 2020

By Adonis M

Oct 15, 2020

The course is really helpful with giving an understanding of fundamentals and basics of accounting, laying a foundation for better understanding on making and understanding books of accounts

By Gani

Dec 4, 2019

Excellent!

I strongly recommend, the lessons are clear. The explanation simple.

It took me one hour to understand better accounting principles never caught in my education courses.

By Rajesh M

Nov 4, 2020

Excellent Course.. Forgot to mention.. It would be Great if students can get some Credit points. Maybe designing this type of course with that in mind would be really Great

By Vinicius R P

Very informative and useful course. It cover all the basic of accounting and after make this course you will be able to decide if you want to become an accountant or not.

By Felipe A O S

Nov 3, 2020

Curso muito bom. Te faz a pensar de maneira intuitiva e não simplesmente reproduzir mecanicamente. Venha com uma base em contabilidade para aproveitar melhor o curso.

By ERIC E R O

May 7, 2020

O curso é completo! Muito detalhado e vale a pena tirar tempo para estudar e conhecer como fazer melhores decisões com o olho na contabilidade!

By rosana p

Nov 3, 2020

Good quick overview with accounting for non accountants, or a review for accountants that haven't use look for the big picture for a while :)

By wojciech g

Mar 4, 2020

Very good course (of course on a basic level - do not expect too much if you are familiar with accountings), I really liked the professor.

By Kristina K

Mar 24, 2020

Absolutely The BEST instructor ! The course is very interesting and opens you mind to think about accounting in very different ways.

By DEBORAH A J 2

Sep 27, 2020

This course is really helpful, it helped me to learn about the making of a financial statement and accounting decisions of a firm.

By Wayne P

Aug 8, 2020

Excellent course. Instructor was engaging and material was well thought out. I recommend as any intro to financial accounting.

By Vijaya B

May 15, 2020

Very Well designed course and interesting !!!

Prof. Greg Miller explains the concepts very lucidly.

By Atefa W

Nov 26, 2020

This course really helped me to evolve my point of view about accounting in a high level.

By Anna J

Apr 25, 2020

Great course , practical insights for better understanding and better decisions making