Back to Advanced Neurobiology I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Neurobiology I by Peking University

4.1

Hello everyone! Welcome to advanced neurobiology! Neuroscience is a wonderful branch of science on how our brain perceives the external world, how our brain thinks, how our brain responds to the outside of the world, and how during disease or aging the neuronal connections deteriorate. We’re trying to understand the molecular, cellular nature and the circuitry arrangement of how nervous system works. Through this course, you'll have a comprehensive understanding of basic neuroanatomy, electral signal transduction, movement and several diseases in the nervous system. This advanced neurobiology course is composed of 2 parts (Advanced neurobiology I and Advanced neurobiology II, and the latter will be online later). They are related to each other on the content but separate on scoring and certification, so you can choose either or both. It’s recommended that you take them sequentially and it’s great if you’ve already acquired a basic understanding of biology. Thank you for joining us!...

DC
Aug 16, 2020

The information on this course is so useful and helped me to understand the brain functions and many process.

LM
Jul 3, 2017

really nice course to understand the principles and knowledge of the neurobiology,

101 - 108 of 108 Reviews for Advanced Neurobiology I

By Luis A

Apr 4, 2016

Lots of good information, but the presentation is very bad. Not only are the professors clearly struggling with the English (and the material, calling anatomical planes "plates" and confounding sulci with fissures, etc), but some of the recording/video editing decisions make it less engaging and more difficult to follow. For example, the size of the images is often compromised because they chose to show the professor on the left side of the screen, even though it is absolutely unnecessary to do so.

Overall, I do not recommend this course.

By Mohamed M

Dec 30, 2016

The professors sound like a group of first-year students presenting a group project, literally reading notes off of a powerpoint slide. The professors also can't speak English, so instead of explaining things in depth, they have to very, very slowly read basic phrases (to explain complex subject matter) off of what's basically a teleprompter.

By Cecile D

Jun 29, 2016

Really poor powerpoint presentations and videos, half in chinese. The accent of the teacher is horrible (i'm not an english-native speaking person so it's hard for me to follow english when badly spoken, so i cut off the sound and only read the subtitles.)

The content is interesting though.

By Marcela K

May 23, 2016

I don't want to be mean, but the first week was terrible! I was expecting what it said: ADVANCED neurobiology.

I feel bad giving this review. I'm just dropping the course.

By Timo-Daniel V

Jun 19, 2020

Very unstructured. The male lecturer actually sometimes says the wrong thing. The quizzes never match the lecture of the male lecturer. The female lkecturer was way better.

By Lorenzo R

Mar 3, 2017

Very boring... The professor is just reading (with a bad English). The illustrations are also very boring...

By Erik M

Jul 18, 2017

it's impossible to understand the speech or the slides

By Volha L

Dec 14, 2019

Impossible to understand the class.