Back to Advanced Neurobiology I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Neurobiology I by Peking University

3.9

Hello everyone! Welcome to advanced neurobiology! Neuroscience is a wonderful branch of science on how our brain perceives the external world, how our brain thinks, how our brain responds to the outside of the world, and how during disease or aging the neuronal connections deteriorate. We’re trying to understand the molecular, cellular nature and the circuitry arrangement of how nervous system works. Through this course, you'll have a comprehensive understanding of basic neuroanatomy, electral signal transduction, movement and several diseases in the nervous system. This advanced neurobiology course is composed of 2 parts (Advanced neurobiology I and Advanced neurobiology II, and the latter will be online later). They are related to each other on the content but separate on scoring and certification, so you can choose either or both. It’s recommended that you take them sequentially and it’s great if you’ve already acquired a basic understanding of biology. Thank you for joining us!...

PJ

Aug 25, 2019

I learnt somerhing new by dz course, i was vry useful to us, thnq so much ,

RS

Oct 24, 2017

Excellent information. Thank you for your recompilations and Time.

1 - 25 of 75 Reviews for Advanced Neurobiology I

By Gurleen S S

Jan 14, 2019

This course is very difficult not only due to the study material but also due to lack of energy. the professors are not very good at english speaking. and there are many errors related to the subject i found in the videos. i m opting out of this course. education should be fun and learning. this is no fun at all.

By Bonnie W

Nov 25, 2018

Very difficult to understand oral presentation; slides can't be printed as handouts--must print one to a page; and some diagrams only in Chinese. Dropped out at week three.

By Kamilya S

Apr 22, 2018

The instructors for this course are sub par at best, not presenting the information in a clear manner. Even having a degree in Neuroscience didn't help me go through their densely packed lectures at ease, and only my previous knowledge allowed me to struggle through this course.

By Djana R

Jan 09, 2018

This is a basic Neurobiology badly presented. It`s a simple, slow reading from slices with strong accent.

Rapid multiple change between different views. Slides - a mess of English and Chinese.

Not recommended!

By SV

Dec 28, 2017

I am surprised and disappointed at the quality of this class. Most Coursera classes are high quality, easy to understand, and educational. This class does not serve the standards as the other Coursera classes. I can hardly understand the speaker, half of the slides are in English the other half in Chinese which is extremely distracting, the script the speaker talks isn't at a professional level. I only use this class to get an outline of neurobiology. Thankfully, there are other Coursera neurobiology classes which deliver high content and are very educational. This course is a joke in comparison to the other ones. Please remove this course from Coursera. It is very frustrating for most of the users who are trying to master this subject seriously.

By Obounou J

Aug 31, 2018

Great course but the lecture was challenging due to some pronociation.

By Albert C C

Jul 25, 2017

Muy buen curso.

By Jaida S S

Mar 30, 2017

easily understood

By Ana M M U

Oct 11, 2018

a great curse for know all about the basics concepts of neurobiology. I ´m study the máster and i can learning and remember things. So Thank you very much.

By φr. G S

Nov 17, 2018

Good

By Matthew S

May 20, 2018

I really enjoyed this. The lectures were excellent.

By Alice Z

Sep 26, 2017

A bit jagged in places but a very good explanation.

By Raphaela d S G

May 08, 2016

Great course! I loved the teachers!

By Ana M V B

Jul 19, 2017

Los vídeos son claves para poder ir realizando el curso, las explicaciones a medida que avanza el curso son mas claras. El material es muy interesante y genera un desafió para aprender las nuevas formas y mecanismos de estudios y sus avances.

El gran problema: nunca pude bajar el material inicial, y tampoco responden para dar soluciones.

By Luis R P M

Jul 04, 2017

really nice course to understand the principles and knowledge of the neurobiology,

By Nelson C

Apr 21, 2016

Muy buen curso, bastante extenso pero me parece excelente, he aprendido mucho

By Roberto A S S

Oct 24, 2017

Excellent information. Thank you for your recompilations and Time.

By prathyusha j

Aug 25, 2019

I learnt somerhing new by dz course, i was vry useful to us, thnq so much ,

By 刘自珍

Jan 04, 2019

very useful teachers are great

By Renate G

Feb 17, 2018

Left brain boring listing of names. Very bad pronunciation.

By Syed M H

Dec 19, 2018

An informative site which provides bunch of information.

By Bhupendra S R

Mar 15, 2019

insta good quizes

By Alma D

Jul 15, 2016

Excellent course!

By Meng L

Jan 17, 2017

Very excellent course, I learned a lot. It lets me know the development process of the neuro-science and also the heros in it. My major is alternative splicing, I wish other life science branches can have this kinds of course too.

By MILLOT J M F