Back to Advanced Neurobiology I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Neurobiology I by Peking University

4.0

Hello everyone! Welcome to advanced neurobiology! Neuroscience is a wonderful branch of science on how our brain perceives the external world, how our brain thinks, how our brain responds to the outside of the world, and how during disease or aging the neuronal connections deteriorate. We’re trying to understand the molecular, cellular nature and the circuitry arrangement of how nervous system works. Through this course, you'll have a comprehensive understanding of basic neuroanatomy, electral signal transduction, movement and several diseases in the nervous system. This advanced neurobiology course is composed of 2 parts (Advanced neurobiology I and Advanced neurobiology II, and the latter will be online later). They are related to each other on the content but separate on scoring and certification, so you can choose either or both. It’s recommended that you take them sequentially and it’s great if you’ve already acquired a basic understanding of biology. Thank you for joining us!...

PJ

Aug 25, 2019

I learnt somerhing new by dz course, i was vry useful to us, thnq so much ,

RS

Oct 24, 2017

Excellent information. Thank you for your recompilations and Time.

51 - 75 of 95 Reviews for Advanced Neurobiology I

By José M P B

Apr 25, 2018

It's a really interesting course, with good topics and good explanations. In my opinion, it is easy and good for beginners, but can be a little bit heavy in some explanations.

By Myley J H C

Nov 08, 2018

Algunos videos no tienen traducción (bonus), por lo demás me encanta; el nivel académico de los videos es grandioso. Recomendable paar quien ama la ciencia!

By Jaime R

May 27, 2018

In depth with some topics. Lots of passion from the speaker. Most of the videos are just taped lectures. Some great interviews with Chinese top scientists

By Sandipan S

Oct 01, 2017

The subtitles in this course sometimes make the learner confuse....except that it's a wonderful course as a introduction to neurobiology.

By Gaurav W

Oct 21, 2018

Had a great experience learning the course,will surely come back to revise the course.

By Aman M

Jul 08, 2017

The professor makes the student think about the questions to solve the problem.

By Shannon H

Nov 22, 2019

I would have preferred the last section on methods to be earlier in the course

By Elena A

Jun 12, 2017

It is a very intriguing course, that includes short quizzes in each modules.

By TEVFIK S B

Dec 29, 2019

Very useful for connecting the fundamentals with physiology practicals

By Navindu S P

Jul 20, 2020

The course is very good and the teachers also were very good.

By Jonathan G

Jun 03, 2016

Fascinating course but a little too much math for my taste.

By Jadhav P B

Jul 07, 2020

Good but very Hard to understand

By Jose M G A

Mar 14, 2017

Very good Course!! Thank You.

By Mariam a f m

May 04, 2020

good course iunderstand good

By Jean-Luc G

Jul 07, 2017

Good overall

By William S

Oct 19, 2019

The instructors are enthusiastic and it I like the research oriented perspective. However, the on-line course materials were not all organized and complete. For example, the quiz questions might pertain to information not yet covered. In addition, often it would take a lot of outside resources to figure out what was being covered. Improving the subtitles would be a big help. In spite, I was happy to have invested the time.

By Mohamed G M S

Apr 26, 2016

before discussing genetic mutations occurred in Alzheimer disease that mentioned when discussing AIS, i think some refreshment about protein synthesis and the normal pattern that if disturbed by certain ways as mutations causes particular diseases.

some arrangements of material needed to prevent information overlapping

interesting courses, go on

thanks for your efforts dear professors

By Tamara L

May 28, 2017

The teaching technique of using past research to explain how different molecular mechanisms at the synapse were discovered in order to understand their function is excellent. For an English speaking Westerner, however, the lectures were difficult to interpret and the transcripts were not helpful.

By Adriana V V

Aug 02, 2016

So far the topics are very interesting but the accent of the teacher is sooo difficult to follow and distracts me! Also, she is looking down to read all the time and this doesn't reflect her knowledge.

By Navneet

Aug 23, 2019

Although the topics and course framework was interesting but i didn't like the instruction that much.

By Sofia

Mar 15, 2020

Lectors don't speak English good enough. But It probably is good enough for Chinese

By Tracy W

Jan 19, 2018

I enjoyed this course but found the male lecturer hard to understand.

By CAROLINA R V

It wasn't clear, but I learned a lot.

By ELENA M

Sep 17, 2017

Hy

I just finished THE INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY -UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO.

Till now I can say that the professor from PEKING UNIVERSITY needs badly to improve her teaching skills.

Why?

- she does not speak with confidence

- no eye contact almost 99 % with the camera (we the students) - she is looking down in her laptop ... almost all the time

where is no slide in the right side, she is looking either left or right

there is no emotion, no excitement delivered by the professor

no examples about what she is presenting in context

no photo of historic people she is talking about - just lines and many words (F,J. GALL)

- images/ slides are passing very rapid

- instead of us looking to her standing (she can sit to be more comfortable for example) I would like to see the slided with information

she can see how to use BETTER the MOOC software for making these videos - she needs to take example from other teachers that have 4.5 + rating -

- she can use the example of professor STEVE JOORDANS - amazing style, charisma, way of explaining

- all these are CONSTRUCTIVE comments

- no comment for her English is just - the way she speaks is very difficult to follow - she is MONOTONE no pause no diction ... very hard to keep people interested

- the slides are not easy to download from THE OUTLOOK live with the credentials - this should be uploaded on COURSERA website

this is an example of others with the same issue:

- no ORIENTATION TO THE COURSE about link ressources

By Ishmael W

Jul 19, 2019

I don't want to be mean to the instructor, but all she's doing is reading off of slides that should be downloadable without me having to send an email. Her accent is good, but the way she speaks is like nails scratching a chalkboard. Also, she's incredibly mono-toned which makes her speech dreadfully boring. She doesn't go into much depth - she just says "This thing here" and "this also here." I wish she'd just speak in her native language because I feel like that would be more helpful for the Mandarin students and I'd rather just read subtitles anyways. I hope another course related to neuroscience comes out onto here because I'm really interested in this subject and want an instructor that has a good presentation and goes further in depth than this one.