Back to Advanced Neurobiology I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Neurobiology I by Peking University

4.1

Hello everyone! Welcome to advanced neurobiology! Neuroscience is a wonderful branch of science on how our brain perceives the external world, how our brain thinks, how our brain responds to the outside of the world, and how during disease or aging the neuronal connections deteriorate. We’re trying to understand the molecular, cellular nature and the circuitry arrangement of how nervous system works. Through this course, you'll have a comprehensive understanding of basic neuroanatomy, electral signal transduction, movement and several diseases in the nervous system. This advanced neurobiology course is composed of 2 parts (Advanced neurobiology I and Advanced neurobiology II, and the latter will be online later). They are related to each other on the content but separate on scoring and certification, so you can choose either or both. It’s recommended that you take them sequentially and it’s great if you’ve already acquired a basic understanding of biology. Thank you for joining us!...

DC
Aug 16, 2020

The information on this course is so useful and helped me to understand the brain functions and many process.

PJ
Aug 24, 2019

I learnt somerhing new by dz course, i was vry useful to us, thnq so much ,

51 - 75 of 106 Reviews for Advanced Neurobiology I

By Md. F A

Apr 19, 2020

good

By 韦祥赞

Nov 16, 2017

老师

By Omar A G V

Dec 23, 2019

By Martin N

May 6, 2016

I find this to be a very nice and stimulating course. The teachers are enthusiastic and entertaining. The course material (slides, quizzes, captions) needs to be polished, but the general organization of the course is logical, clear, and systematic. The course presents an experimentalist's view of the subject, which I find very good considering that much related Coursera material is quite theoretical. There are plenty of historical notes and introductions of general neurobiology research viewpoints (don't miss the excellent bonus material interviews!). In particular, I enjoyed the "cherry picking" metaphor. Some students have had problems with the instructors' accent, but perhaps because English is not my first language, this has not been a problem for me at all. I'm looking forward to part two of the course!

By Sierra C

Nov 30, 2016

The course presented a lot of interesting, fascinating information. I especially liked the first female lecturer. However, there were some problems with downloading the course slide presentations and questions were never answered in the forum discussion groups. In addition, the second lecturer, although very interesting, often did not talk about the material that was presented on exams. I also think integrating a lot more animation to describe different processes would be effective so that students can visualise the content.

By roderick j

Jul 11, 2020

The lecturers were very competent, however the course itself was poorly organised. Some quiz questions did not directly match lesson content.

This said, I enjoyed the course and found it interesting and would like to thank Yan Zhang and Yuong Li for delivering the course.

By Pedro R T

Aug 30, 2020

Muy completo. Grandes conocimientos de neurobiología, psicobiología, técnicas de laboratorio y últimos avances de la materia. Recomendable poseer previos conocimientos de bioquímica. Las clases son en inglés con opción de subtítulos en el mismo idioma

By José M P B

Apr 25, 2018

It's a really interesting course, with good topics and good explanations. In my opinion, it is easy and good for beginners, but can be a little bit heavy in some explanations.

By Myley J H C

Nov 7, 2018

Algunos videos no tienen traducción (bonus), por lo demás me encanta; el nivel académico de los videos es grandioso. Recomendable paar quien ama la ciencia!

By Jaime R

May 27, 2018

In depth with some topics. Lots of passion from the speaker. Most of the videos are just taped lectures. Some great interviews with Chinese top scientists

By Sandipan S

Oct 1, 2017

The subtitles in this course sometimes make the learner confuse....except that it's a wonderful course as a introduction to neurobiology.

By Gaurav W

Oct 21, 2018

Had a great experience learning the course,will surely come back to revise the course.

By Aman M

Jul 8, 2017

The professor makes the student think about the questions to solve the problem.

By Shannon H

Nov 22, 2019

I would have preferred the last section on methods to be earlier in the course

By Elena A

Jun 12, 2017

It is a very intriguing course, that includes short quizzes in each modules.

By TEVFIK S B

Dec 29, 2019

Very useful for connecting the fundamentals with physiology practicals

By Navindu S P

Jul 19, 2020

The course is very good and the teachers also were very good.

By Jonathan G

Jun 3, 2016

Fascinating course but a little too much math for my taste.

By Jadhav P B

Jul 7, 2020

Good but very Hard to understand

By Jose M G A

Mar 13, 2017

Very good Course!! Thank You.

By Mariam a f m

May 4, 2020

good course iunderstand good

By Jean-Luc G

Jul 6, 2017

Good overall

By William S

Oct 19, 2019

The instructors are enthusiastic and it I like the research oriented perspective. However, the on-line course materials were not all organized and complete. For example, the quiz questions might pertain to information not yet covered. In addition, often it would take a lot of outside resources to figure out what was being covered. Improving the subtitles would be a big help. In spite, I was happy to have invested the time.

By Mohamed G M S

Apr 26, 2016

before discussing genetic mutations occurred in Alzheimer disease that mentioned when discussing AIS, i think some refreshment about protein synthesis and the normal pattern that if disturbed by certain ways as mutations causes particular diseases.

some arrangements of material needed to prevent information overlapping

interesting courses, go on

thanks for your efforts dear professors

By Tamara L

May 28, 2017

The teaching technique of using past research to explain how different molecular mechanisms at the synapse were discovered in order to understand their function is excellent. For an English speaking Westerner, however, the lectures were difficult to interpret and the transcripts were not helpful.