Back to Algorithms, Part II

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithms, Part II by Princeton University

This course covers the essential information that every serious programmer needs to know about algorithms and data structures, with emphasis on applications and scientific performance analysis of Java implementations. Part I covers elementary data structures, sorting, and searching algorithms. Part II focuses on graph- and string-processing algorithms. All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

IO

Jan 21, 2018

Pretty challenging course, but very good. Having a book is a must (at least it was for me), video lectures complement book nicely, and some topics are explained better in the Algorithms, 4th ed. book.

AK

Apr 17, 2019

Amazing course! Loved the theory and exercises! Just a note for others: Its part 1 had almost no dependency on book, but this part 2 has some dependency (e.g. chapter on Graph) on book as well.

51 - 75 of 236 Reviews for Algorithms, Part II

By Hongsun K

Mar 05, 2020

This was a great overview of more advanced algorithms, and I also got to prep for interviews and use concepts in actual work. The theory at the end was very helpful as well

By Jiaoxuan L

Mar 04, 2019

Rich content. Liked the teaching style as well. But wish that it had an as-strong supporting system as Part I's and mentors/fellow students could answer more questions.

By Cihan C

Feb 28, 2018

Prof. Sedgewick does an amazing job in explaining the mechanics of the fundamental algorithms and data structures. I have thoroughly enjoyed this course (and Part I).

By Pankaj C

Feb 09, 2018

Awesome course. Helped me understand graph better. The API is simple and effective. I implemented the whole API and have been using it in my other graph solutions

By Prajjwal J

Aug 30, 2020

"Remind me again why I'm trying to figure out if Detroit was eliminated back in American League '96" - me, at 4:00 AM

"Where is Week 7?" me, a few days later.

By Luigi S

Mar 05, 2020

I wrote my review on Linkedin. Thank you very much for the great course ! https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/algorithms-part-ii-mission-accomplished-luigi-selmi/

By Hermawan M

May 31, 2019

This is an excellent course as an introduction to algorithms. Together with part 1, the Princeton Algorithms series is the best MOOC course I've ever done.

By Mallasamudram P A

Jun 30, 2019

Dr. Sedgewick is simply amazing. I enjoy how he motivates the need for efficient algorithms and applications. I only wish he would offer more courses!

By Edwins L P

Nov 24, 2019

Excellent course and materials about algorithms and data structures. Very challenging exercises that make you think hard to achieve the passing score.

By Tatiana D

Mar 20, 2019

Complex concepts in plain language. Challenging and interesting practice exercises. Without them it's impossible to fully understand theoretical part.

By Tom G

Apr 27, 2018

Excellent follow-on from Part I - covers additional algorithms in depth and the excellent examples really help to learn and understand the material.

By Ignacio A

Mar 04, 2018

Every single programming assignment was both challenging and fun. I learned really good algorithms and overall I feel I'm a better Software Engineer

By Simin L

Feb 09, 2020

Completed Algorithms I and II. Great course for students to learn data structures is a systematically way! Could be used in my research directly.

By liuyaqiu

Dec 23, 2018

This course is challenging but interesting. The homework is hard but valuable. Recommend this course for everyone who gets start to algorithm.

By Karthik R

Dec 02, 2017

Provides excellent insights with reference to some of the advanced algorithms. Assignments for a great source of learning in the course.

By Vladislav R

Apr 03, 2018

Very well structured course on Algorithms and advanced data structures. Highly advised to anyone pursuing career in programming field.

By Jorge A

Apr 13, 2020

Thanks, Robert Sedgewick for this amazing course. The way you structure your lectures reflects the deep love you feel on Algorithms.

By Sasha K

Nov 29, 2017

Excellent! Sedgwick explains things in such a way that is both extremely intuitive but also makes the code practically write itself!

By 杨国强

Feb 17, 2020

It's the best algorithm course I've ever learnt. Having the book is necessary at least for me.Overall, it's tricky but useful.

By Maxim R

Jan 04, 2018

Very useful! Very interesting! Very good lectures, quite hard assignments, very smart auto-grader. Wide and friendly community!

By Yann B

Apr 01, 2018

Excellent and challenging! Need some decent java skills to follow. Expect to triple the time announced for the asignments.

By Jaap W

Apr 29, 2018

Feels like a great foundation on data structures and algorithms.

And teaches the basics of fast and efficient programs.

By Bharath K B K

May 07, 2020

The course is one of the best I have attended alongwith class 11/12 physics in school :)

I think i should put it use now.

By jingbin l

Apr 09, 2020

I really enjoyed the learning experience of this course: good selection of in-depth topics, challenging assigned tasks.

By Michael C

Jul 13, 2019

Excellent course in the very same concise, rigorous style as Part I, highly recommended. Thank you Prof Sedgewick!