Back to Consonants of American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Consonants of American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this first course of The Pronunciation of American English specialization, you will learn and practice all of the consonant sounds of American English, including some pairs of consonants that are especially tricky. Each week you will receive practical advice from successful English learners and practice an effective technique called shadowing to improve your pronunciation of consonant sounds. You will also have opportunities to record yourself and to respond to the recordings of other learners. Only learners who pay for the course will be able to take the graded quizzes or submit assignments for feedback. The free version provides access to the lectures and practice activities only....

RA

Aug 13, 2020

It's an amazing course. Thanks to all teachers of this course & coursera. I really enjoyed the course & learned a lot about American English Pronunciation.

RP

May 14, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone I know. Thank you very much for putting this course together :)

1 - 25 of 49 Reviews for Consonants of American English Pronunciation

By Karla C

Jul 21, 2020

Take this course! It is excellent! I consider myself almost a native-speaker, for I went to American schools starting in 5th grade all the way up to my Senior year in high school. And I still took the course! Why? I had always wondered why some 's's' at the end of some words sound like a 'z'. And why when I heard recordings of myself, my English seemed to sound softer ("ed" vs. "t" sound endings!). And so when I saw the title of this course, I thought I'd check it out. I could not believe my eyes when I found answers to my questions while taking this course. My English already sounds even better! Thank you to Coursera, the school and, of course, the teachers for putting this course out there.

By Renato d S P

May 14, 2020

By Angel R A J

I would strongly recommend it to anyone I know. I really enjoyed it. You will become almost addicted to this training.

By ZAIRA L T C

It was amazing. I learned a lot of things and really enjoy this course!

By Sajjad S

It was an amazing journey. Well designed course.

By Berenice F N

Jun 14, 2020

Unique and useful!

By Kelly R

Jun 02, 2020

Great content. Unfortunately, some peers do not understand grading criteria.

By Maria C F L

Aug 15, 2020

This is an awesome course to refine your pronunciation of the English language. I speak English as a second language and found several tips which I did not learn before about how to recognize sounds better (I have always considered myself to have a little hearing problem) and enunciate my words more so my students can understand me better when I lecture.

By Cora M S

Jul 04, 2020

Excellent. This course is so awesome and the teachers are brilliant and skillful, I love the way they speak it sounds music to the ears. I really learn a lot from this course and it help me build my self-confidence in talking to someone. I'll never stop learning - I love to learn more and I will enroll to the 3 more courses under this specialization.

By Remi A

Aug 13, 2020

By Katia I V P

Aug 24, 2020

A very helpful course, especially because my native language (spanish) don't have a lot of this consonants or we pronounce these a little bit different.

By Carolina M B E

Aug 19, 2020

This course is amazing. Everyone who wants to learn English needs take this course. Excellent. Congrats to the teachers and to the people who make it.

By Andrés M

Jun 30, 2020

I am a TEFL/TESL teacher, and I am very glad with all the material provided on this course. It is clear and can help so many learners.

By Sharim Y V P

Aug 05, 2020

Well structured. It provides useful and interesting information that can be applied by ESL teachers around the world. 10/10

By Johana R

Jul 30, 2020

Un curso muy práctico y muy completo, muchas gracias mejoré notablemente mi pronunciación y vocabulario

By Odette L C

Jul 30, 2020

Clearly explained. Good tips to notice what mistakes you are making and how to correct them propertly.

By Maliha K

Aug 28, 2020

The teachers were really amazing. I enjoyed the course and learned many things about pronunciation.

By Rohit L M

Aug 12, 2020

Really, i like your course that gives me technical movement of mouth and tongue while pronunciation

By Fernando H U

Aug 09, 2020

This is the best course if you want to improve your pronunciation. Awesome teachers and material.

By Atiqur R B

Jul 07, 2020

This is really important course for English learners.It is too much helpful.I loved it very much.

By Ákilla R

Jul 26, 2020

Ensino que proporciona um aprendizado de fácil e eficiente entendimento. Super recomendo.

By Савельева А П

Sep 12, 2020

Great course and very nice professors. Everything is very professional and helpful.

By Daniel H M A

Jul 18, 2020

It's an excellent course. Every learner of English should take it eventually.

By Karla B

Aug 31, 2020

excellente enseñanza y manera de motivarnos a cada día ser mejores.

By Alain A Q C

Aug 10, 2020

very good course, the tutors are very trained and congratulations.