Back to Consonants of American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Consonants of American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this first course of The Pronunciation of American English specialization, you will learn and practice all of the consonant sounds of American English, including some pairs of consonants that are especially tricky. Each week you will receive practical advice from successful English learners and practice an effective technique called shadowing to improve your pronunciation of consonant sounds. You will also have opportunities to record yourself and to respond to the recordings of other learners. Only learners who pay for the course will be able to take the graded quizzes or submit assignments for feedback. The free version provides access to the lectures and practice activities only....

RP
Dec 8, 2020

I enjoyed the class very much! It has given me extensive review of consonant sounds of English and challenged me to hone my fluency through shadowing exercises. Thank you so much Professors!

JD
Jan 19, 2021

The course strengthen the pronunciation skills that is a good start prior getting in the USA.\n\nCongratulations to have professionals Instructors on board.\n\nCheers,\n\nJohn Paco Dradria

26 - 50 of 153 Reviews for Consonants of American English Pronunciation

By Miriam L

Dec 18, 2020

During this course I learned the difference between the consonants ends and consonants clusters pronunciation. It will help me to improve my listened, because I read and write better than I can speak and listen. I will keep practicing, Thank you.

By Prof I

Nov 8, 2020

Thank you for this course that is well structured, interesting and helpful! I also thank all the instructors for their professionalism I highly recommend this course to everyone who wants to improve their American English pronunciation.

By Vanessa R

Apr 16, 2021

I had never taken a course to learn English pronunciation, only grammar, vocabulary, and other skills. Therefore this course has helped me improve my pronunciation as well as my understanding of native American English speakers.

By Cesar S

Jan 2, 2021

This course is the best, especially for non-native speakers. However the diagrams of pronunciation can be a little confusing, I think you should use colors to differentiate the position of the tongue, and the mouth.

By Amitpal K

Jul 4, 2021

w​onderful experience ,excellent course which is must for teachers to broaden their horizon .Aboveall lectures delivered by teachers are marvellous. Practice and assignments help to prefect our pronunciation.

By Rosalie P

Dec 8, 2020

By MUHAMED م E ا

Aug 10, 2021

Correct pronunciation of American English good listening

I am very grateful for taking part in this course And of course, I thank all the teachers for their interesting explanations

By thiago b d a

Aug 19, 2021

I think this course is very useful for all that wish learning about sounds or learnig about sounds of consonants in (on?) words . i am very happy with my results.

By Priscila G V T

Jun 25, 2021

Excellent course. It helped me understand grammar and phonetics. And by "shadowing a conversation" lets you know how you are doing it according to the criteria.

By Katia I V P

Aug 24, 2020

A very helpful course, especially because my native language (spanish) don't have a lot of this consonants or we pronounce these a little bit different.

By Sonia L T

Dec 5, 2020

I liked the course. I think is really complete including tips for English learns, visuals for the position of the mouth and tests to score your skills.

By Carolina M B E

Aug 19, 2020

This course is amazing. Everyone who wants to learn English needs take this course. Excellent. Congrats to the teachers and to the people who make it.

By Juan D R

Sep 6, 2021

Excellent! I have learned a lot and my pronunciation have improved so much that I sound almost like another person now haha Thank you so much.

By Andrés M

Jun 30, 2020

I am a TEFL/TESL teacher, and I am very glad with all the material provided on this course. It is clear and can help so many learners.

By Leandro R Z S

Oct 26, 2020

Very good course ! I learned so much types of consonants and ways to pronounce , it help you with speaking as well as listening.

By Gelyn d G

Oct 31, 2020

I love this course. It helps me better understand and pronounced the different sounds of the american english pronunciation.

By Sharim Y V P

Aug 4, 2020

Well structured. It provides useful and interesting information that can be applied by ESL teachers around the world. 10/10

By Karina S

May 27, 2021

Muy bueno, lo recomiendo. Dinámico, didáctico, práctico. Integra contenidos claves para mejorar tu pronunciación.

By Maryna V

Apr 10, 2021

Thank the teachers for this course. The videos were short and clear. Tips was helpful. Studying was interesting.

By lois m

Mar 17, 2021

Very good course with lots of examples and practise exercises. Thank you teachers, I really enjoyed this course!

By Raisa D

Apr 11, 2021

Es una herramienta excelente para mejorar el ingles. Me gustaria que hubieran muchos mas cursos de pronunciacon

By Rafaela M d S

Oct 17, 2020

É um curso muito bom. Aprendi muito ! Fiquei surpresa com os diferentes tipos de sons das vogais em inglês.

By Lívia C

May 17, 2021

This course helped me a lot, I could feel that my pronunciation skills are clearer and look natural now.

By Johana R

Jul 30, 2020

Un curso muy práctico y muy completo, muchas gracias mejoré notablemente mi pronunciación y vocabulario

By Maliha K

Aug 28, 2020

The teachers were really amazing. I enjoyed the course and learned many things about pronunciation.