Back to Apache Spark (TM) SQL for Data Analysts

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Apache Spark (TM) SQL for Data Analysts by Databricks

Apache Spark is one of the most widely used technologies in big data analytics. In this course, you will learn how to leverage your existing SQL skills to start working with Spark immediately. You will also learn how to work with Delta Lake, a highly performant, open-source storage layer that brings reliability to data lakes. By the end of this course, you will be able to use Spark SQL and Delta Lake to ingest, transform, and query data to extract valuable insights that can be shared with your team....

VM
Mar 27, 2021

I loved it! In my company we use databricks every day so I saw an opportunity to do this course in order to master in databricks! I'm enjoying a lot.

IE
Dec 28, 2020

Nice work but the exam is not real test to the materials , and it is not difficult but I would say strange and difficult to read

1 - 25 of 33 Reviews for Apache Spark (TM) SQL for Data Analysts

By Omar A

Nov 8, 2020

Very useful for starting out with Databricks and Spark. I highly recommend this course to learn the many advantages of using Spark SQL. The notebooks provided by the course are very informative and I learned a lot of new tricks! Databricks community edition is an awesome way to get your feet wet, and this course guides you through it.

By Xiaoyue Z

Nov 27, 2020

Real cutting-edge knowledge is being taught here. One drawback is that the community of Spark SQL is small and when I met some difficulties it's hard to find a quick solution with google or stackoverflow. Other things are perfect. Very nice course!

By IBRAHIM E

Dec 29, 2020

By Victor M

Nov 9, 2020

its great to learn and have hand-on experience, its not SQL, its a combination of SQL and python

By Stéphane D

Dec 2, 2020

Nice course. Kate Sullivan is a great teacher !

Coursera is really a high quality site.

By Victor M

Mar 27, 2021

By ArmanNouromid

Feb 19, 2021

it was amazing to be familiar with Apache Spark SQL thank you for this great course

By hoang k n

Nov 23, 2020

Nice introduction to pySpark and databricks, as well as some advance SQL functions

By Ramon V R

Feb 14, 2021

Great main instructor and helpers. Great content. Lots of hands on. Loved it!

By Jorge A P O

Mar 29, 2021

Great informatio and a test enougth difcut, noy co mucth but funny.

By Dinesh M

Nov 29, 2020

Excellent Couse, Content is top-notch and easy to follow.

Thanks!

By Shengjie X

Jan 30, 2021

The teaching material is very practical

By 266844 n

Apr 16, 2021

One of the best course

By Kazi A A

Feb 18, 2021

Learn many things.

By Leandro C

Apr 15, 2021

Excelent to have a good understanding of how Spark and Data Bricks works.

Before start you should know SQL.

This is a hands-on course! I recommend!

Obs.: Databricks and Coursera teams should take a look in forum to solve some issues (bugs).

By sree k

Jan 12, 2021

Course is good but lot of cleanup and errors need to be fixed. Final exam it self has incorrect questions. Also someone should be answering the questions raised by students in the forum.

By Rob W

Dec 23, 2020

Many of the videos (all that introduced the notebooks) were not necessary and I stopped watching them. The course introduced me to some spark sql functions that I was unaware of.

By Irina N

Feb 21, 2021

The material in the course is very good selected for learning Spark SQL. However, it might have been more neat prepared and the questions in quiz and exam could be more difficult

By Arley S R S

Mar 22, 2021

The course is great, I think I really learned different skills on spark, the solutions are a powerfull tool to learn. Some videos are not necessary and take time.

By NGUYEN K B A

Jan 24, 2021

good course !!! even i got 90% score with no any bad reponse. (There're some bug from program evaluation)

By Alex L

Nov 13, 2020

Riddled with spelling AND CODE errors, but was a great resource for improving my lacking SQL skills.

By Nicolas P L

Dec 31, 2020

The material given by the databricks team was really good and helps a lot.

By Sandipan G

Jan 19, 2021

It's good for starter and have good example of higher-order functions

By Vishal K

Nov 30, 2020

Nice Course for get familiar Apache Spark SQL and Delta Lake

By MK L

Dec 2, 2020

There are still some places need optimization or correction