Back to Apache Spark (TM) SQL for Data Analysts

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Apache Spark (TM) SQL for Data Analysts by Databricks

Apache Spark is one of the most widely used technologies in big data analytics. In this course, you will learn how to leverage your existing SQL skills to start working with Spark immediately. You will also learn how to work with Delta Lake, a highly performant, open-source storage layer that brings reliability to data lakes. By the end of this course, you will be able to use Spark SQL and Delta Lake to ingest, transform, and query data to extract valuable insights that can be shared with your team....

AV
May 25, 2021

Content was amazing. Labs were really good. Videos from the lady talking the dense part need to improve. Audio from the lady had a messy stereo, also her pronunciation is not clear. Very bad quality

VM
Mar 27, 2021

I loved it! In my company we use databricks every day so I saw an opportunity to do this course in order to master in databricks! I'm enjoying a lot.

1 - 25 of 57 Reviews for Apache Spark (TM) SQL for Data Analysts

By Omar A

Nov 8, 2020

Very useful for starting out with Databricks and Spark. I highly recommend this course to learn the many advantages of using Spark SQL. The notebooks provided by the course are very informative and I learned a lot of new tricks! Databricks community edition is an awesome way to get your feet wet, and this course guides you through it.

By Xiaoyue Z

Nov 27, 2020

Real cutting-edge knowledge is being taught here. One drawback is that the community of Spark SQL is small and when I met some difficulties it's hard to find a quick solution with google or stackoverflow. Other things are perfect. Very nice course!

By IBRAHIM E

Dec 29, 2020

Nice work but the exam is not real test to the materials , and it is not difficult but I would say strange and difficult to read

By Victor M

Nov 9, 2020

its great to learn and have hand-on experience, its not SQL, its a combination of SQL and python

By Stéphane D

Dec 2, 2020

Nice course. Kate Sullivan is a great teacher !

Coursera is really a high quality site.

By Suhaimi W C

Jul 10, 2021

Excellent course! Thanks to the instructor and coursera for providing awesome course. Lots of exercises to practice what I just learned. Lots of tips and functions that are very useful. Highly recommend this course if you would like to learn or brush on your spark sql skill and knowledge.

By APURBA S

Jul 16, 2021

All the major function of Spark SQL are taught so well by these teachers and the curriculam is greatly divided into parts and week. With the interactive notebooks, the learning experience is even better. 8.5/10.

By Andrea L V

May 26, 2021

By Aleksandr K

Jul 18, 2021

I really liked the course, all study materials are well documented and the overall learning process was made good. You will use Databricks notebooks in your learning journey.

By Victor M

Mar 27, 2021

By Anushree C

May 11, 2021

I would like to thanks the instructors and the Coursera team for preparing such a nice course for beginners.

By ArmanNouromid

Feb 19, 2021

it was amazing to be familiar with Apache Spark SQL thank you for this great course

By hoang k n

Nov 23, 2020

Nice introduction to pySpark and databricks, as well as some advance SQL functions

By Ramon V

Feb 14, 2021

Great main instructor and helpers. Great content. Lots of hands on. Loved it!

By Jorge A P O

Mar 29, 2021

Great informatio and a test enougth difcut, noy co mucth but funny.

By Dinesh M

Nov 29, 2020

Excellent Couse, Content is top-notch and easy to follow.

Thanks!

By José L S R

Jul 24, 2021

Really useful and recommended for any Databricks/Spark user

By Rucha J P

Jul 20, 2021

V​ery informative content with good lab session notebooks.

By Arshad k

May 6, 2021

Very well designed by Databricks and covered all aspects.

By Utkarsh S

Jun 29, 2021

I achieved very good knowledge of SQL & Databricks

By Liang Y

May 23, 2021

Very tutorial course ! Easy to understand !

By Aleksandr E

Jun 13, 2021

Very useful course with a lot of practice!

By Bijoy T

Jun 20, 2021

Excellent. Very nice hands-on approach.

By Shengjie X

Jan 30, 2021

The teaching material is very practical

By Ericles H

Jul 2, 2021

I like very much this course.