Back to Assessment in Higher Education: Professional Development for Teachers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Assessment in Higher Education: Professional Development for Teachers by Erasmus University Rotterdam

Are you a teacher in higher education wanting to get the best out of your students and assessments? Then on behalf of Risbo, Erasmus University Rotterdam, we would like to welcome you to this MOOC on Assessment in Higher Education. In this MOOC we will guide you through the different phases of preparing, creating and evaluating the assessments in your course. After participating in this MOOC, you will be able to: 1. Design an assessment that is constructively aligned (content, level, methods) with the course objectives and activities 2. Apply the quality criteria with respect to validity, reliability and transparency for construction of assessments and assessment items 3. Analyze the assessment output and results, assess the quality of the assessment and make decisions about students’ grades accordingly 4. Formulate future improvements for an assessment For the assignments, you will be working with your own teaching materials. For example you will create your own assessment plan for your course. Next to that you will become part of a learning community with teachers from all over the world. We are offering you instructional videos, interviews, animations and checklists. In addition to these, there will be course activities, such as assessments, and discussion prompts. By participating in this MOOC, you will find answers to the following questions: • What is the role of assessment? • How can you select the right methods of assessment for your course? • What is constructive alignment? • How can an assessment plan and matrix help you in the construction of assessments? • Is it possible to make an absolute reliable and valid assessment? • How can the formulation of good assessment questions have an impact on that? • What is the role of feedback? • How can rubrics help with providing feedback? • What are the things to consider when performing an exam or item analysis? What aspects should you look out for? • How do you draw conclusions from an exam analysis and make plans for future improvements? • If good students fail on certain questions, what does this say about the question… or about your teaching? Are you ready for enhancing your teaching skills? Then take this journey with us....

AD
Oct 7, 2020

Very intriguing 5 weeks indeed. You need to literally spend at least 4 hours a day, otherwise, you will be staring at a backlog. Personal experience, but I managed to pass. Happy for that!!

Sep 15, 2020

I had a great opportunity to learn more about the assessment and its structure. I am sure the skills that I have learnt in this course will be helpful for me in future. Thank you !!!!!

26 - 50 of 103 Reviews for Assessment in Higher Education: Professional Development for Teachers

By SATHWIK M S

Sep 16, 2020

By Dr. U K

May 8, 2020

Excellent course for the teachers in higher Educations...Everyone should do it to acquire the skills about Assessment grades, feedback policy, designing question paper and etc.

By DANCEL M C

Jan 11, 2021

I really had a great time learning this course. I have learned a lot from the video lectures. I enjoyed doing the activities especially I can relate it to my current work.

By SHREYA M

Oct 18, 2020

Very informative and useful for all teachers or would-be teachers. I am feeling more confident to construct an assessment after taking this course.

By Ruta S

Feb 15, 2021

This was an excellent , high quality course! I learned a lot and now will be able to immediately start using this knowledge in my job.

By Alvin M

Jun 12, 2020

Excellent and well designed course which offers the learner a quick and easy way to develop one's knowledge and skills on assessment .

By Dr. M M S

Jun 9, 2020

Very very good course. it helps to design the syllabus, assessment tools and rubrics for teaching and learning process of students.

By Шум О В

Sep 11, 2020

It was really very informative and interesting course, but some questions from final test were too hard for linguistics teacher.

By Cristina V

Oct 3, 2020

The course is very well structured. It takes some time to complete because of the assessments, but it is indeed worth doing it.

By Bryan A

Jun 20, 2020

An excellent course for higher education teachers like me. Very comprehensive, interactive, and most useful in my career.

By Aurelie B

I learnt a lot during this course with relevant topics and exercises I could apply directly to my own discipline.

By Prakasha

Jun 12, 2019

I was searching for authentic reading materials to teach these content and got them from this course. Thank you

By Laila k k

Jul 7, 2019

I have learnt much in this course, concepts from professors and written material - all brilliant.. thank you!

By Dr V B

Sep 28, 2020

A well planned course about assessment in higher education. It will help us to improve our assessment skills

By Marjan D

Aug 10, 2020

Useful course, interesting material and many different viewpoints and best practices. Highly recommended.

By SAIBAL C

Oct 24, 2020

It was a great course to pursue. A must do for all engaged in Higher education teaching or training

By Mark G C G

This MOOC is very helpful. Informative as it tackles about assessment. Learned a lot of it. :)

By Sanette B

May 3, 2019

Excellent examples and presenters

Variety of examples and engaging methods

Enjoyed the course!!

By Dorothy C M

Oct 5, 2018

Great course - I learned some valuable skills that I am already implementing in my workplace

By Prativa R S

Aug 16, 2020

Very good course. Understood how to assess students and have different assessment criteria.

By ASWATHY P L

Sep 17, 2020

A wonderful step by step professional development course for teachers in the assessment.

By emmanuel b c v

Aug 15, 2018

Excellent! Very practical, I'm already using this knowledge, Thanks God and you for this.

By Dr.Krushnasamy V S

Jul 28, 2020

One of the very useful courses for Teachers in Higher Education.Thanks

a lot for the team

By Francis C

Jun 21, 2019

The Course has been excellent as it was beyond my expectations. I have known a lot

By KISHORI N R

Sep 29, 2020

Extremely comprehensive and very engaging!! Thoroughly enjoyed doing this course!