Back to Basic Elements of Design: Design Principles and Software Overview

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Basic Elements of Design: Design Principles and Software Overview by University of Colorado Boulder

Designing for an organization, while requiring technical skill, is not just about knowing how to use a pagination program such as InDesign or manipulate photos using Photoshop. A designer is a visual storyteller, a person who pairs words with images and typography to best convey information to an audience. Good design evokes emotion and presents the news of the day with clarity and the proper tone. A business card, brochure, or website that has good design provides content that is more inviting, more easily comprehensible and is faster to process. Design isn’t about “making it look pretty,” it’s also about content, layout and audience analysis....

O
Aug 21, 2020

Thank you for making such a good online course. Designing is my hobby, I didn't know what's behind the good, simple and eye-catchy designs, but I know some of the basic principles know. Thanks.

LP
Oct 18, 2020

It is really full of knowledge that they shared and lots of articles that contain relevant topics that help me to add my knowledge and wisdom about design. Thank you DOST! Thank you, Coursera!

1 - 25 of 130 Reviews for Basic Elements of Design: Design Principles and Software Overview

By Tanya P

Feb 18, 2020

This was really useful to give a general overview and helped me understand some of the theory behind design.

By Arman H J

Jul 17, 2020

This course was amazing.It helps me a lot.I have learnd about Design Principle and How to play with your Creativeness.Thanks Instrutor & team.Have a wonderful journey.

By Maria I F

Jun 15, 2020

This course was great. I learned many things on how to properly use design principles to convey meaning and have things looking good. Thank you very much to the instructor and the team.

By Astrid I T B

Mar 16, 2020

It was an amazing course, because it help me to improve my design abilities and I can understand that to much is not the best every time

By Marwa E O

Mar 18, 2020

wasn't very helpful , could be better

By Anthony A

Jul 11, 2020

I had a very good time learning and practicing the design principles through the assignments and peer group assessment. Over all it was a great time of learning. Thank you so much.

By Roosevelt R A

Dec 12, 2019

Muy agradecido de poder realizar este curso, la información y las actividades que se realizan son indispensables para conocer y practicar los principios del diseño gráfico.

By CLEMENTINA E

This course is very good to understand basic principles of design. You will get basic skills to observe materials that come to your hands.

By michele t p

Dec 23, 2019

My only question is about receiving your transcripts. All your words do not exist in the notes captions.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying

By Lauren T

Sep 25, 2020

I like the course and presentation. I appreciate the mix of reading and video. The material was a little basic for me, but I assume that's the point with Basic Elements of Design. Lori is a great teacher, and the lessons were well-rounded and efficient.

By Yousuf

Sep 14, 2020

Good course but it all theoretical and that will make you with lack of skills after you complete it, in my opinion it's really not that good, I hoped that if we make design step by step and not like the way in this course who's the first guy ... and what the definition of ... .

By Korinne T

Sep 20, 2020

This course has helped me learn the basics of design. Even if I have a background when it comes to editing and layouting, the course has given me the opportunity to learn a great deal of what's the proper tool and proper design terminologies. Thank you, Coursera and University of Colorado Boulder and Dr. Poole!

By Ivan M M

Nov 22, 2020

This is a course that is worth spending every minute, I appreciated the clearness and conciseness of Lori Poole to communicate, she is amazing at it. For those like me that don't have a formal background in graphic design but appreciate the area I highly recommend this MOOC I'm sure you'll have a great time.

By Shaikh M P

Nov 2, 2020

Amazingly informative course. Really liked the presentation by Lori. Enjoyed every part of it. Looking forward to complete rest of my courses. And yes, it is a must do course for newbies like me but the people who are in intermediate level can find this important too.

By Socorro L A

Nov 2, 2020

This course really helps understand the basic element of design. It helps realized what I've been doing wrong in some basic things especially when posting on social media. Really great course, easy to understand and to follow instructions. Thank you very much.

By Валерия И

Oct 5, 2020

Good cource for the very beginners in desing, that helps to start to look on images throuh the different prism. Mostly connected to graphical design, but can be useful for everyone, who's only doing their 1st steps in the new field.

By Oybek S

Aug 22, 2020

By Louigie P

Oct 19, 2020

By Ma D J P

Oct 28, 2020

This course helped me understand more about design. It really helped me. I love the idea of peer evaluation in this course. You must enroll in this course if you want to start a new skill! :)

By Carol S

Aug 10, 2020

This course met my expectations for a basic intro course. It would be great at the end to see recommendations for next courses to take to continue learning more about design.

By Annel R

Nov 27, 2020

This course is great for beginners regarding design principles but if you're looking for more applications on design, you may need to check tutorials or other references.

By Elmark J M

Oct 27, 2020

The course gives you a more stable foundation about Elements of Design. I am self-taught in terms of arts, but I still find this course valuable to take. Thank you!

By Dianne Y

Sep 22, 2020

This course was very interested and has thought me every thing I needed to know about the Principle of Graphic Designs ,It was a great pleasure. Thank you

By AKANKSHA M

Jul 14, 2020

This has been a wonderful opportunity and journey, one of learning how to tap into innate skills of creativity, inspiration and penmanship.

Thank you.

By Gil D N

Sep 30, 2020

I like how the course is smooth sailing and the length of the videos are concise but comprehensive! I have learned so much about this course.