Back to Basic Elements of Design: Design Principles and Software Overview

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Basic Elements of Design: Design Principles and Software Overview by University of Colorado Boulder

Designing for an organization, while requiring technical skill, is not just about knowing how to use a pagination program such as InDesign or manipulate photos using Photoshop. A designer is a visual storyteller, a person who pairs words with images and typography to best convey information to an audience. Good design evokes emotion and presents the news of the day with clarity and the proper tone. A business card, brochure, or website that has good design provides content that is more inviting, more easily comprehensible and is faster to process. Design isn’t about “making it look pretty,” it’s also about content, layout and audience analysis....

O
Aug 21, 2020

Thank you for making such a good online course. Designing is my hobby, I didn't know what's behind the good, simple and eye-catchy designs, but I know some of the basic principles know. Thanks.

LP
Oct 18, 2020

It is really full of knowledge that they shared and lots of articles that contain relevant topics that help me to add my knowledge and wisdom about design. Thank you DOST! Thank you, Coursera!

26 - 50 of 146 Reviews for Basic Elements of Design: Design Principles and Software Overview

By Dianne Y

Sep 22, 2020

This course was very interested and has thought me every thing I needed to know about the Principle of Graphic Designs ,It was a great pleasure. Thank you

By AKANKSHA M

Jul 14, 2020

This has been a wonderful opportunity and journey, one of learning how to tap into innate skills of creativity, inspiration and penmanship.

Thank you.

By Gil D N

Sep 30, 2020

I like how the course is smooth sailing and the length of the videos are concise but comprehensive! I have learned so much about this course.

By Diana G V A

Dec 5, 2020

Thank you so much for this great opportunity and I am so happy that I was able to finish this course. Once again Thank you so much!

By Lemuel T G

Oct 10, 2020

As someone who is still new in graphic design, I could say that this course is really informative. A great help for us beginners.

By Jackie S

Aug 21, 2020

I'm so overwhelmed seeing that every time I start doing something I always end up not finishing,and especially doing what I love

By Carlos H

Jul 14, 2020

Thanks for the experience, to refresh some concepts, and for those that I did not know. Thanks also to my sponsor in Colombia.

By Paula J E

Oct 17, 2020

This is a very helpful course especially for the people like me who are learning new things. Thank you! I enjoyed it also.

By Peter C K E

Sep 9, 2020

For beginners, this is a very good course to take. If you want to learn Graphic Design, this definitely is a must to take.

By Crystal L

May 1, 2020

I like this course, where I've learned the key design principles for creating a piece of design. It's a good introduction.

By Ma. D M

May 14, 2020

Thanks for this course. It's simple and enlightening. I hope there are more visual samples. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it.

By Patrick L

Aug 25, 2020

Great course for people just starting out. Even if you have some experience, the assignments are still great practice!

By Luisa F R D

Oct 14, 2020

Nos brinda una visión muy general de las áreas que se trabajan y deben tener en cuenta en el mundo del diseño gráfico

By Melanie L

Jun 11, 2020

Great to brush up on the basics of graphic design and get to create something to be critiqued so one can improve

By Giovanna C

Jul 14, 2020

Great course! I learned a ton of valuable things and if you're just starting out, this is a must-do course!

By Alicia J

Nov 27, 2020

Everything was clear. The teaching was very good and some of the test which helps to see how much you know

By Loreley L

Dec 15, 2020

Excellent course! Super useful for non-designers, but also for those who want to reaffirm some concepts.

By Shaikha A

Oct 12, 2020

A very useful course will teach you all the basics that you need to start your designing journey.

By Zayed A S

Jul 21, 2020

A very good coverage of topics for the beginners to understand the basic principles of design.

By Zeyad M S A

Dec 17, 2019

I really loved this course and got much knowledge and it will benefit me a lot in my career.

By Hélène M

Aug 15, 2020

Great course! The instructor is very interesting and I was also glad to have the subtitles.

By Frida D A

Sep 16, 2020

I think the material its great to undesrtand the basics and then you can learn more deeply

By Florencia J

Aug 12, 2020

It gives you the enough tools and knowledge to star a career or the designs for your life!

By Abdi S O

Nov 24, 2020

l am very happy to finish the course and thank everyone who contributed to our success.

By Abhishek

Oct 26, 2020

Nicely explained with workable projects and interaction too. A practical based learning