Back to Basic Elements of Design: Design Principles and Software Overview

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Basic Elements of Design: Design Principles and Software Overview by University of Colorado Boulder

Designing for an organization, while requiring technical skill, is not just about knowing how to use a pagination program such as InDesign or manipulate photos using Photoshop. A designer is a visual storyteller, a person who pairs words with images and typography to best convey information to an audience. Good design evokes emotion and presents the news of the day with clarity and the proper tone. A business card, brochure, or website that has good design provides content that is more inviting, more easily comprehensible and is faster to process. Design isn’t about “making it look pretty,” it’s also about content, layout and audience analysis....

MF

Jun 15, 2020

This course was great. I learned many things on how to properly use design principles to convey meaning and have things looking good. Thank you very much to the instructor and the team.

CE

This course is very good to understand basic principles of design. You will get basic skills to observe materials that come to your hands.

1 - 25 of 41 Reviews for Basic Elements of Design: Design Principles and Software Overview

By Tanya P

Feb 18, 2020

This was really useful to give a general overview and helped me understand some of the theory behind design.

By Astrid I T B

Mar 17, 2020

It was an amazing course, because it help me to improve my design abilities and I can understand that to much is not the best every time

By Maria I F

Jun 15, 2020

By Roosevelt R A

Dec 12, 2019

Muy agradecido de poder realizar este curso, la información y las actividades que se realizan son indispensables para conocer y practicar los principios del diseño gráfico.

By CLEMENTINA E

By michele t p

Dec 23, 2019

My only question is about receiving your transcripts. All your words do not exist in the notes captions.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying

By Crystal L

May 01, 2020

I like this course, where I've learned the key design principles for creating a piece of design. It's a good introduction.

By Ma. D M

May 14, 2020

Thanks for this course. It's simple and enlightening. I hope there are more visual samples. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it.

By Melanie L

Jun 11, 2020

Great to brush up on the basics of graphic design and get to create something to be critiqued so one can improve

By Zeyad M S A

Dec 17, 2019

I really loved this course and got much knowledge and it will benefit me a lot in my career.

By Gabriela J C Z P

Jul 04, 2020

I learned many skills. From contrast, alignment, proximity and much more. Thank you!

By V C S R

Apr 27, 2020

This course is good for people who do not have previous knowledge of graphic design.

By Aman S

Jun 21, 2020

Crisp and useful. More than what I expected from this course. Enjoyed it.

Thank you!

By Urvi D

May 22, 2020

This was a really good, understandable course. Very well explained. Thank you.

By krinjal A

Jun 09, 2020

nice course for beginners , it gives the glance about graphic designer

By Priscila G R

Jun 24, 2020

Loved all the information! easy to get and the final project was cool

By Nicholas A

Aug 27, 2019

Great introduction to the basics for true beginning non-designers.

By ANITA P

Apr 23, 2020

very apt course to get information about graphic designing

By Mitesh J

Jun 20, 2020

Its really easy and nice small course

By Beatriz A d O

Jun 17, 2020

Muito bom, adorei! Ensina direitinho

By Sahana. J

Jun 13, 2020

it is really so helpful and useful

By Priyanshi C

Jun 27, 2020

It was really a nice experience .

By Indla B D

Apr 28, 2020

learned about graphic designing

By Rizky A N

Apr 22, 2020

all of the lesson are clear

By Md S I