Back to Big data and Language 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big data and Language 1 by Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST)

In this course, students will understand characteristics of language through big data. Students will learn how to collect and analyze big data, and find linguistic features from the data. A number of approaches to the linguistic analysis of written and spoken texts will be discussed. The class will consist of lecture videos which are approximately 1 hour and a quiz for each week. There will be a final project which requires students to conduct research on text data and language....

FO
Dec 7, 2020

Although I already have a background in English and Linguistics, I was still able to learn some things and loved the entire pedagogical approach.

AR

If you are looking for Big data and language courses then definitely you are at right place and course.

1 - 16 of 16 Reviews for Big data and Language 1

By Arvind C

Doesn't really tell you what sort of research questions you can answer to be honest. But it was fun and i quite liked the instructor's pedagogy.

By Elsie M O

I expected more discussions on big data, methodologies and tools to analyze big data rather than lectures on grammar. Perhaps what I expect are in "Big data and Language 2." This is probably good for students who know very little about basic principles of linguistics and want to get a grammar refresher.

By frank o

Dec 8, 2020

By Ajay S R

By Karl S C

Jun 29, 2020

Well built course. The lectures and videos are interesting! Thank you!

By Sahadsawat K

Jul 23, 2020

This is a revise for studying language.

By Nandivada P E

Jun 19, 2020

Super course

By Marian E D C

Oct 28, 2020

There were parts that are boring but in the last parts, I could see how we can apply these topics in analyzing language for Big Data. The end goal is what's important and always keep it in check.

Thank you for this course, I needed the knowledge for NLP and this gives me some idea.

By Nimasi S P

Aug 23, 2020

I had never learned about big data but when I started this course Dr. Seonmin Park teach it well done. And I've learned many things about Big data.

By Steven Y

Jul 3, 2020

It was really a great course to think about how the languages around us structured but not really focused on how it is related to "big data"

By Nazma A

Jul 3, 2020

Thanks for nice teaching. It was really a nice journey with you. Learnt many things and hoping for more...

By Jia J

Dec 16, 2020

Great course for beginners interested to understand some basic theory of Linguistics.

By Juan A M O

Jul 19, 2020

This course is basically general review of grammar in the level of sentence and text with the variations of written and spoken ways. It could be included more additional study material like lectures.

By Onalenna T T

Aug 1, 2020

I enjoyed the course. I would recommend further. However, i can imagine that some students might want clearer explanations.

By Nora P H L

Jul 25, 2020

The course material is basic. The professor is very clear, and the explanations are very accessible.

By Jan O

Dec 22, 2020

The course promises information about big data and language . It is, however, a review course of some grammar terms with a small addition about big data. I cannot find the purpose of extensive descriptions of register or parts of speech including some tips on how to write a formal text in a course on this topic. The last part (Parts of Speech) provides a little bit messy typology where different approaches of what a part of speech is, are mixed.