Back to Biosphere 2 Science for the Future of Our Planet

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Biosphere 2 Science for the Future of Our Planet by University of Arizona

Are you ready to take an incredible journey around Planet Earth and beyond? In this course, you will delve into a world of innovative science and learn from a team of Biosphere 2 and University of Arizona researchers. From plants and soils, to oceans and rainforests, the Moon, Mars, and more, this course is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in science and Earth stewardship. Learn how a unique research station in the Arizona desert is used to investigate big ideas, such as how Earth systems interact, the effects of climate change, and what our future holds. Go back in time thousands of years with information locked in ancient trees, and travel into an imagined future where humans become Martians. Collect and analyze your own scientific data, discuss big questions with participants from around the world, and gain novel insights and understanding about our wonderfully unique planet....

BC
Jun 14, 2020

Great course! Easy to follow with great teachers from multiple subjects. The course is very informative and encourages you to research environmental information about the area you live in.

WK
May 10, 2018

This course covered so many interesting things and topics, and also went into some astronomy, which I really enjoy. Overall would recommend this course if you are interested in Earth.

1 - 25 of 27 Reviews for Biosphere 2 Science for the Future of Our Planet

By Lynn M

Feb 9, 2020

As a trained ecologist (MSc, PhD) and an Educator (High School Science Teacher) I found this course to be phenomenal. The ecology of Biosphere 1 and the effects of climate change was approached from so many ways, creating a course of good depth and breadth. The use and sharing of scientific data in such a clear manner was instrumental in showing the importance of rigorous scientific research to help understand and help find solutions for the complex problems facing our us and our biosphere. I suspect this course will inspire young people to join in the exciting scientific world of ecology and climate change. Thanks for a fantastic course. Kudos!

By Cathrin K

Jun 24, 2019

I really enjoyed this course and module and it gave me a great deal of food for thought. A great project and a very valuable course.

By Deborah P

May 14, 2018

Excellent materials, presentation and great information for all! I loved this course.

By ALLAC

Sep 17, 2019

Just the best course I have ever received in my life.

By Ash G

Mar 22, 2018

This is a great course for anyone who wants to better understand the environmental threats to the future of our planet and our species. I particularly enjoyed the "Sea Changes, "Life and resources in space" and "feeding the future" modules. The lecturers are all very knowledgeable and passionate. There were only a couple of moments when I had to double back over some of the science being presented and that was down to my ignorance rather than the

By Kelly P

Oct 11, 2020

This was an excellent course which I highly recommend. I learned a lot about both our planet and the biosphere 2. The course material, videos and assignments were educational and enjoyable. The course does include information on climate change, water availability, biodiversity, ocean warming, soil, hydroponics and space travel.

By Jane B

Apr 27, 2020

Exceptional, fascinating and inspiring.

The lecturers and videos are really interesting and some are quite challenging.

A really worthwhile course to study.

I really enjoyed it and will miss it!

By Bruna C

Jun 15, 2020

By Fumiyo A

Apr 5, 2020

By learning this course, I could have broader perspective for the current scinence in addition to deeper understanding of ecosystem of the earth. More people learn this couse, more pe

By Willa K

May 11, 2018

By Dan A

May 9, 2020

Simply the best most informative, engaging, interesting class I have ever taken!!! Great lectures, teachers, visual aids. Well organized and thoughtful. Fun!!

By Teresa

Sep 6, 2020

Very nice. I learned a lot. Biosphere 2.0 is a cool place. The last module is an awesome conclusion to the course.

By Becky S

Sep 12, 2018

I really loved this course! So much information and really well laid out in great modules.

By 李帅帅

Mar 18, 2020

Thank you a lot! I've learned much knowledge about Biosphere-2 and BLSS!

By Steven D S

May 13, 2018

Thank you for the opportunity it was very educational. I learned alot.

By Gleemore O N

Aug 9, 2020

This course was is so interesting, informative and so wonderful😍

By Margaret L S

May 13, 2018

Very educational program i really enjoyed and learned alot.

By Lam K Y

Oct 1, 2019

Detailed and Nice course, though it's a bit long.

By Ramesh W

It's thrilling course with lots of knowledge

By Homer j w D

Aug 25, 2019

It was very fun and exstremly informative

By Melody M

Apr 1, 2018

Love it so far. Really fun course!!

By Joy S