Back to Teaching and Assessing Clinical Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teaching and Assessing Clinical Skills by University of Michigan

The purpose of this course is to improve feedback, clinical teaching, and assessment of clinical skills....

LM
Jun 17, 2020

Great course, not something you learn properly structured in med-school or residency, but extremely useful on a daily basis. Definitively every MD should take, specially before clinical settings.

NW
Aug 3, 2017

I'm only on week 4 but I have enjoyed the concepts and will be incorporating them into my practice and teaching. I like the RIME method and the idea of shared ownership of the patients.

26 - 50 of 122 Reviews for Teaching and Assessing Clinical Skills

By Michaellearnenglish

Jul 22, 2020

No certificate at the end

By Eduards K

Sep 11, 2017

An excellent course both for those new to teaching as well as for seasoned clinicians. The videos depicting different teaching situations and the explanations afterwards are the best part of this course. More theoretical background from different studies would have been nice, but the references for each section are available, so it's rather a matter of personal laziness. The quizzes are too simple and do could be improved. A certificate or at least a would also be nice

By ABDUL K

Dec 1, 2019

its a good course, but participants should be provided course completion certificate.

By Anant P L

Dec 12, 2019

this course should have certificate

By Amy G

Oct 21, 2020

Time is valuable, there is no need wasting time on something you can not get prove for it. It was stated that certificate will be awarded but there is nothing like and that is unprofessional. I have purchased 3 courses but this was what I needed the most but that rather has no certificate so it has discouraged me from taking other Courses .

By Samuel O

Feb 11, 2021

The course has been of immense help in my new career as a Preceptor for Practical Clinical Training of Pharmacy students and interns. I'm now very confident in my job and all my students and interns really appreciate the approach i have been adopting in mentoring them. It's all by courtesy of this course on Coursera - Teaching and Assessing Clinical Skills. Kudos!

By Jyoti M

Jun 4, 2020

The Course is verywell conducted.Thanks to the excellent videos demonstrating the right and wrong videos for various aspects.

I would like to learn few things about how to teach literature search to postgraduates for evidence based medicine.Can you please suggest some course for the same conducted by ur university?

By Philomena f

Oct 10, 2020

I learned in depth the 'clinical skills' which involves history-taking, physical examination, clinical investigations, using diagnostic reasoning, procedural perfection, effective communication, team work and professionalism and mostly the core clinical skills that can be taught and learned.

By max f

Jul 31, 2017

an excellent and practical course which presents the most important topics of the (for me postgraduate) medical training/education in a didactically excellent, short form without theoretical ballast but with many good video examples and exercises.

By rafia m

an excellent course for all clinical teachers. i would recommend all my colleagues to do this course, as it will guide them how to be better in teaching and assessing clinical skills. great job done by the course director

By Lander C M

Jun 18, 2020

By Bharathi

Sep 4, 2020

Respected Sir / Madam

I have completed the course it is very useful and informative i can use this in my clinical practice

if you are providing the certificate it will help me a lot.

By Paolo M P B

Jul 9, 2020

This course provided very useful concepts on how to help learners with clinical skills. The vignettes were quite helpful and I found the last section about EBM as a wonderful bonus.

By Mónica A F M

Jun 7, 2021

I wish every consultant had watched this course and I am glad I have finished it myself after having wanted to do it for several years. Well done. Will pass around my colleagues.

By Teresa S

Nov 25, 2020

The course was very informative. I am a registered nurse with a masters degree, MSN, with a focus on teaching and learning. I will be using information learned in this course.

By Zayn F

Jun 12, 2020

great course! in-depth detail on how to teach and assess learners and it breaks down each concept by giving real life examples, helping to see how it would work in reality.

By Nikolaos K

May 18, 2018

An excellent course overall. Easy to understand and adopt in your every day practice. It has already helped me improve my teaching in the faculty where I belong.

By Carla J

Aug 31, 2020

Positive ways to integrate, reinforce varying styles of learning and receiving feedback. Great course for allied health instrucors.

By ashok k

Feb 26, 2017

Excellent, Illustrative course. Highly recommended for all health care personals.who facilitate learning. Thank you all

By sergio e b n

Sep 9, 2020

Excellent copurse,I lioke it,I learnt, and the way it is developed is a good example of teaching.

Greetings from Chile

By Dan g

Nov 1, 2020

Thanks alot for giving me apportunity to learn and understand clinical skills of teaching and assesment

By Diana Q G

Sep 13, 2018

It's an excellent course, teaches you how to teach in a hospital environment. Totally worth it.

By Helena T

Nov 19, 2020

Great guidelines to improve communication, expectations, and learning in teaching!

Thank you!

By Azhar A

Nov 6, 2020

Very simple and interesting way of teaching. The content was useful as well.

By Mariam O S A N

Sep 4, 2018

the course was an excellent we learn more .it helps to apply knowledge with practice