Back to Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials by Johns Hopkins University

Clinical trials are experiments designed to evaluate new interventions to prevent or treat disease in humans. The interventions evaluated can be drugs, devices (e.g., hearing aid), surgeries, behavioral interventions (e.g., smoking cessation program), community health programs (e.g. cancer screening programs) or health delivery systems (e.g., special care units for hospital admissions). We consider clinical trials experiments because the investigators rather than the patients or their doctors select the treatment the patients receive. Results from randomized clinical trials are usually considered the highest level of evidence for determining whether a treatment is effective because trials incorporates features to ensure that evaluation of the benefits and risks of treatments are objective and unbiased. The FDA requires that drugs or biologics (e.g., vaccines) are shown to be effective in clinical trials before they can be sold in the US. The course will explain the basic principles for design of randomized clinical trials and how they should be reported. In the first part of the course, students will be introduced to terminology used in clinical trials and the several common designs used for clinical trials, such as parallel and cross-over designs. We will also explain some of the mechanics of clinical trials, like randomization and blinding of treatment. In the second half of the course, we will explain how clinical trials are analyzed and interpreted. Finally, we will review the essential ethical consideration involved in conducting experiments on people....

TS

Jul 3, 2018

High quality course ! covering important areas and detailed lectures, more and better than a mere introduction. Congrats ! My only regret : I'd have liked to hear more about NI and equivalence trials

JQ

Oct 25, 2019

Excellent beginner course on design and interpretation of clinical trials, complements a lot of what I reviewed on my classes and I would like to take a more advanced course on the topic. Thank you.

101 - 125 of 649 Reviews for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

By Angelica

Apr 28, 2020

This course does a good job of introducing fundamental concepts necessary in Clinical Trials. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to build a foundation of knowledge on the field.

By Sheila J

Aug 3, 2021

This course offered clear learning objectives and a clear presentation of materials, offering a solid foundational course for further learning or to complement existing industry experience.

By Luis E G R

Jan 13, 2021

Within this course the student is given a wide panoramic of the clinical trials and it is learned how to start developing several skills for their interpretation. This course is excellent!

By Neige F

Feb 4, 2021

Great course! I was completely new to clinical trials, and now I feel that I can use what I learned to look for a job. Everything is explained very clearly. Thank you so much this course!

By luis r v

Apr 4, 2016

Excelente curso y material expuesto he podido afinar conceptos que aplico ordinariamente en mi trabajo Gracias a los instructores y a la Universidad JH por la preparación de estos cursos

By Rohini R

Feb 6, 2021

The course is an excellent one for beginners on design and interpretation of clinical trials. The information provided by both the instructors were well presented, and clear. Thank you!

By JIN Z G

Sep 7, 2020

A very good course for beginner to get a hang of how clinical trial works in real world setting. Instructors give lots of real Clinical Trials that help us link to the course materials.

By Vengatachala M A

Nov 26, 2020

a very good introduction to clinical trials, it would be great if there is a second part of this course covering more topics in trial design and also the statistics in clinical trials.

By Rodrigo V P

Aug 12, 2020

It was a very useful course to get started on evaluating different studies. This will definitely help me to improve mi capability on choosing good articles for their revision. Thanks!

By Julie T

Mar 4, 2020

Succinct course which includes a good overview of clinical trial design as well as additional readings for deeper understanding of FDA requirements and guidelines for clinical trials.

By Melissa Y

Oct 5, 2021

Very nice introductory course for beginners such as me. The discussion questions and quizzes are good ways to evaluate how well the course content is understood. Thank you so much.

By GRETA P P A

Jun 21, 2020

As a medical student, this course was and will be very helpful. I believe that, in order to understand clinical practice, we must also understand where its base knowledge come from

By Kelli A

Oct 25, 2017

I work as a protocol activation coordinator for a large clinical trials office. I am new to this role and this course was very valuable in helping me get started with this career

By Federica F

May 15, 2020

I have just started working in the clinical trials field and I find this course very useful to deepen topics that I didn't have yet the opportunity to study. I do recommend it!

By Po-Ju C

Jun 1, 2020

A well-designed course. As a biologist, it is relatively easy but I learned a lot while the experimental subject is human beings. It provides a great aspect transition for me!

By Luis A M G

Jun 20, 2019

This course is excellent to introduce you in the topic, and the content is very well. This course provided me the knowledges for connect data of preclinic and clinic studies.

By Anklesh R

Simple language, to the point discussion, case study easy to understand. A Course a layman can understand. I would like to have such course on bio equivalence studies also.

By Elena P

Mar 23, 2020

Very informative and well structured. Pleasure to learn!

I will definitely expand on my knowledge with further studies on these topics inspired by the excellent presenters.

By Aditi A

Sep 23, 2017

Extremely useful for scholars and post-grad students, or really, anyone who is interested to work in the field of Clinical Research. Thank you for a brilliant compilation!

By Khaled K

May 8, 2018

It's very informative , with lots of essential info. about clinical trials , If you interested in knowing the fundamentals of clinical trials , so this course is worthy !

By Carolina S V

Dec 6, 2017

This course gives a excellent overview of design and interpretation of clinical trials. I recommend it for all graduate students and people involved in clinical research.

By Rose K D

Jan 27, 2017

I really enjoyed the course and believe the information was really beneficial. They gave great examples of studies that included the techniques that were being reviewed.

By Sushmeeta C

Jun 4, 2021

The course content was very well curated. The explanation was very simple, clear and to the point. Definitely helped in upgrading my basic knowledge on Clinical Trials

By Carla M

Jul 12, 2019

I think is a great introductory course, covering main topics and issues on clinical trials. In my case, I was completely new on the subject and it was very educational.

By Uzma R

Dec 20, 2016

Very comprehensive and understandable. Thanks for uploading such an informative course. Now I will read the method section of the article that I use to skip very often.