Back to Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials by Johns Hopkins University

Clinical trials are experiments designed to evaluate new interventions to prevent or treat disease in humans. The interventions evaluated can be drugs, devices (e.g., hearing aid), surgeries, behavioral interventions (e.g., smoking cessation program), community health programs (e.g. cancer screening programs) or health delivery systems (e.g., special care units for hospital admissions). We consider clinical trials experiments because the investigators rather than the patients or their doctors select the treatment the patients receive. Results from randomized clinical trials are usually considered the highest level of evidence for determining whether a treatment is effective because trials incorporates features to ensure that evaluation of the benefits and risks of treatments are objective and unbiased. The FDA requires that drugs or biologics (e.g., vaccines) are shown to be effective in clinical trials before they can be sold in the US. The course will explain the basic principles for design of randomized clinical trials and how they should be reported. In the first part of the course, students will be introduced to terminology used in clinical trials and the several common designs used for clinical trials, such as parallel and cross-over designs. We will also explain some of the mechanics of clinical trials, like randomization and blinding of treatment. In the second half of the course, we will explain how clinical trials are analyzed and interpreted. Finally, we will review the essential ethical consideration involved in conducting experiments on people....

TS

Jul 3, 2018

High quality course ! covering important areas and detailed lectures, more and better than a mere introduction. Congrats ! My only regret : I'd have liked to hear more about NI and equivalence trials

OS

Sep 18, 2019

This course would be most useful to the participant if pursued within a short time-frame, of maximum of 6 weeks. Both lecturers were clear and good communicators. I would take more of their classes.

151 - 175 of 662 Reviews for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

By Blake S

Jul 10, 2016

This was a great introduction to Clinical Trials. I would recommend taking a statistics refresher before this course if you haven't had one recently.

By Alemayehu K

Jun 5, 2022

I gained basic knowledge and skill about how to design and interpreting clinical trial. Thanks for the fund support to have this important training.

By Vanessa I P M

Feb 20, 2021

Even if english is not your mother tongue is easier to complete. It a very interesting course to introduce yourself in the design of clinical trial.

By Sadeekah I

Aug 2, 2019

it was a really good and informative course , however I a struggling to retrieve my certificate

Alternative email- Sadeeka.ismail@hiv-research.org.za

By Ulrike W

Apr 14, 2017

A nice and succinct overview. Even though I was able to get a full score on most quizzes before watching the videos, I still learned something new.

By Divya C

Aug 22, 2020

I have learned to a great extent as i wanted.I would recommend everybody to learn from course era if somebody is eager to learn some good courses.

By Lara V G

Dec 6, 2018

A very informative and interesting course. Despite the complexity of some issues, they manage to explain them in an understandable way. Thank you!

By Rodrigo P

Dec 11, 2018

Amazing course. They discuss basic principles and provide some insights about complex ones too. I'm loving it! Thanks for setting up this course.

By Rosana M N C S

Aug 25, 2016

The course gives a great introduction to the design of clinical trials. It is very useful for people starting to approach this field of studies.

By TRAN B T

May 20, 2018

This is good course, which provides very basic and fundamental of clinical trials. I strongly recommend for whom interest in clinical research.

By Karin K

Nov 24, 2020

Sehr informativer Kurs. Obwohl ich selbst lange in Klinischen Studien arbeite, habe ich noch neuer Erkenntnisse erlangt.

Immer wieder gern.

By 王颖

May 31, 2019

Excellent courses. Very informative and organized lectures. I would like to learn more on data analysis, non-inferiority design and etc.

By Gerda S

Mar 27, 2018

Very good explanation of design and study types. It is helpful for my work. The tests are great and good to understand. Thanks a lot for

By Trija V

Jul 17, 2017

This course gives a good description and a detailed overview on the statistics used in clinical trials. The lectures are easy to follow.

By Alain V M

Aug 22, 2020

I was able to deepen notions that I had worked on by myself.

The speakers are impressive in their knowledge.

A thousand times bravo

Alain

By Antonio G

Nov 14, 2016

Muy buen curso, utilizare todos los conocimeintos obtenidos para el bienestar de mis pacientes, muchas gracias por la ayuda economica.

By Jane C

Apr 13, 2020

Great - very interesting, would love to see something that addresses phase 1 (safety trials) and how they are designed and evaluated.

By Mohammad M M

Jan 27, 2021

I think this is a great course for the researchers\students\professionals involved in biomedical research field. Highly recommended.

By Robert M

Dec 13, 2021

This was my first course in learning about clinical trials and think it's an excellent 30,000 foot/meter areal view of the subject.

By Uzoma O N

Nov 8, 2017

This course was exceptionally educative, short time but the information was packed full, thank you for putting together this course

By Shanen P

Nov 6, 2020

A brief and informative overview of clinical trials. I would highly recommend this course as an introduction to clinical research.

By Gulam M A K

Apr 12, 2017

Excellent course. I would recommend this course for everyone who are interested and don't have the opportunity at their institute.

By Werner S

Jun 21, 2020

Excellent and structured introduction with a lot of new information, even though I am working in the field since quite some time.

By Veronica A Y

The course offers a good introduction into clinical trials and is broken down into bite-size sections that made learning easier.